Virtues: Conviction & Self-Control
Low: Power mongering little dictators in the making.
High: True leaders and movers, these vampires are powerful and usually have a wide range of others under their command. They gain Introspective.
This path was refined to its current state by a Lasombra Cainite in 1666 CE at the Black Monastery, having been originally developed by Lord Marcus in 1530 CE. Followers of this Path believe the truth lies within themselves and is best found by an inner search for personal enlightenment that leads ultimately to the amassing of power. Control of the self and of the external world is the only goal worth pursuing. To this end, a vampire must develop his abilities, extend his influence, and lay his pawns. By bending the world to his will, the vampire creates order and stability. Every form of power, influence, or control can be used to further some end. Therefore, Unifiers seek all forms of power, be it political, material, or spiritual. By understanding oneself, it is possible to begin to describe the motivations of others. True understanding therefore allows the vampire to unlock the secrets of enemies and allies alike, to carefully dissect any situation, and discern the most proper course of action. From such judgments, the vampire decides upon the most favorable means of taking or keeping control.
The followers of this Path believe their self-consciousness is an aspect of the soul itself. The soul exists outside the material world, but interacts with reality through the body, expressing itself in control. They believe both mortals and immortals have this power, but vampires have received the ability to allow part of their souls to enter into the real world, and are thus capable of much more than humans. As they hone their abilities, they learn to control their very blood, and derived from that, their thoughts and eventually their environment. As within, so without. A powerful and influential vampire is also spiritually advanced. Most follow their own personal code of conduct or morals, referring to this as their Inner Voice.
Although blood bonds and emotional ties can motivate followers, the pragmatic students of this philosophy recognize that such measures can be fought and compromised. Thus, vampires of this Path believe that control can be woven through methods that are less likely to be subverted: pain, rage, desire, and depravity are key among their tools. Fear and respect for power, anger, and hate directed towards one’s enemies, the fulfillment of lust, and the lessons of pain make persuasive directives. There is no use in pining for lost humanity or in secreting oneself away to study arcane lore. The role of the vampire is the role of master. Of themselves first, then of others.
- Never tolerate failure, especially your own. Try until you overcome or die in the attempt.
- Always strive for control by any means necessary.
- Never show weakness, unless it gives you an advantage to do so.
- Use every emotion to dominate your enemies and rise above those around you.
- Respect those above you, but replace them when they falter.
- Dereliction of responsibility is a failure to lead properly. Take responsibility for your actions, and ONLY your actions.
- Reward competence as an incentive, but do so sparingly.
- Give the respect that is due, that you might learn something in turn.
- Always gain something from your actions.
- Let your Inner Voice guide you. You should know yourself better than anyone.