Virtues: Conviction & Instinct
Low: Like an animal that’s been caged too long and never socialized, this one is likely to turn on any that dare get too close.
High: In tune with their predatory nature, they find it easier to attune to those senses they need to hunt. Gains an Acute Sense.
Originating from the Via Bestiae (“Road of the Beast”) of the Dark Ages, the Path of the Beast emphasizes the predatory nature of the vampire. Unorganized and shunning the trappings of civilization, followers of the Path often espouse technology in favor of their talents inherent to their undead form.
A follower of this Path feels that the Beast is a natural part of being a vampire and that its needs must be satiated. Still, the vampire is intelligent, and a cunning hunter is a more effective one. Therefore, it is important to strike a balance between Beast and Man – the feral cunning and vicious instincts of the vampire are excellent survival tools, tempered by the reasoning and insight of the mind. By satiating the Beast’s urges from time to time, the vampire ironically gains a greater degree of personal control.
The Path of the Feral Heart integrates the nature of the Path of the Beast into the tenets of the Sabbat, emphasizing the Cainite’s loyalty to their pack, and teaching him or her to avoid the trappings of the mortal world to better serve the crusade against the Antediluvians and their pawns.
- Survival is your first concern.
- Politics or technology simply get in the way of the hunt.
- Learn to strike a balance with your Beast. Engage in the brutal actions necessary to survive, but retain your intelligence and cunning.
- The “natural world” is an illusion. All things must live according to their forms, and even civilization is natural because it is the form of humanity.
- Although fire can kill you, you must master your fear so that you can kill those who would use it against you.
- Whether running alone or with a pack, your loyalties must be absolute. You have no time for shifting allegiances.
- The perfect hunter needs no tools. Use what you have.
- Death is natural, feeding is natural, torture and cruelty aren’t. Don’t regret killing, but do not prolong it needlessly.
- The vampire’s purpose is to feed. Do not allow yourself to go hungry.
- Support your family, and it’ll support you.
- Instinct is the basis of predatory nature. Do not fight your instincts, they are there to help you survive.