The Aeons Team!
- Storytellers are Nox & Death.
- Part-Time STs are Kaius & Morose
- Coders are Nox, Kaius, and Daedalus
- Website Admins/Editors are Nox & Death
Blood Bonds & Vaulderie | Experience Points & Costs | Feeding | Diablerie Health & Healing | Merits & Flaws | Secondary Abilities | Camarilla Status & Boons Supernatural Powers | Sabbat Status | Languages | Player Run Plots Backgrounds | Universal Virtues |
There are a few things to read here so you can submit your character sheet and hop into things quicker. If you need any assistance with any of these directions, feel free to ask in the OOC channel #Dark_Aeons.
- Sheet Formats: Please follow the format of the sheets in the sections above, using notepad, OR you can use a PDF and we will transfer it to text. We use a bot and record the sheets within it for storing, as well as we keep a copy of the sheet here on the forums, within your own category. You can view sheets and see changes there and ask any questions at any time.
- Indicate Freebie Expenditures: On the sheet, somewhere, please put where you’ve spent all of the Freebies so that we can see it without an issue.
- Venue Sections: Whatever Venue we have available has a category above for you to read through. Within each section, whether you may desire to play a Vampire, Mage, Were-being, Mummy or Wraith, there is info provided there to make your life easier and to give you a taste of the RP here. Down below this post, there are house rules that are provided for all venues.
- The Scary Bot: We have a bot in this game that does a lot of the work for us when it comes to figuring out all that math and stuff. We use it to store sheets and to give it commands to make combat easier, to read auras and it even keeps track of blood points. It may seem intimidating at first but it really does make our lives easier around here.
- Register a Nickname: Please register your nickname on IRC. You will need a solid nick so that the bot can give you XP (experience points). To register your nick, be in the nick you wish and then type into your status window: /nickserv register password email. Example: /nickserv register fluffykitty42 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give us Some History: A short bio should be included, from about a paragraph to a page depending on preference. Just as long as it makes sense. Be careful using a lot of canon book history from Revised or V20, because we are using our own timeline, events, and some NPCs and so it may not mesh.
- Match your nickname on IRC: on the Forums. This makes it easier for STs to find your stuff.
The Character Sheets should be emailed to email@example.com
OR: If you have a Player Folder already and have the sheet in txt format, feel free to just copy/paste the sheet in your section and we will get to it as soon as we can. If you’re already an active player, this is perfectly fine for you to do and it saves us all time.
OOC should be kept to the OOC channel. Worst case, use /me when in an IC room so that Watcher does not log that part.
There may be Character on Character violence, racial slurs, bad language in general, and nasty things said about and done to whomever… in character. OOC we won’t tolerate people harassing others in channel or private chat. All of that being said, the content we deal with is of a mature nature and all Players should be adults.
Books we Use:
- Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition
- Werewolf the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition
- Wraith the Oblivion – Revised 2nd Edition (Waiting for 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Mage the Ascension – Revised 2nd Edition
- Mummy the Resurrection – It only had one print.
- Orpheus – Book One – Core Rules.
- We also use: Possessed (Revised), Gypsies (2nd Edition), & Sorcerer (2nd Edition).
While we’re not banning certain types of characters that are super antagonistic above the call of duty, anything that makes you blatantly look like an Infernalist is a pretty bad idea about now, considering the current metaplots. You also may not want to write a character up that is totally socially inept so that it has no allies at all. If the character isolates itself, it’s either not going to get much action or it’s going to wind up in a bad place and have no one around who will care.
No Willpower above 7 is permitted, regardless of what your character is.
We will not accept characters that are min-maxed. By this, we mean no more than 2 things may be listed at 4 dots. This includes your Attributes, which if you are a non-mortal, you will have 1 dot here regardless. Nothing should be at a 5 without an epic backstory that really gives a solid reason.