~*Ramirez*~ had heard the rumors about the forest from the Tremere and well, he had been out here before because of the body death of Amy. He figured he’d go see what he could find of that missing undead wraith guy maybe, and also what else was out here to get more acclimated with the region. He knew Ethan and Daedalus roamed out here too, hunting and what not but

hey, the Euthanatos was curious on other things and well, maybe he could use some territory for some intersting rituals or something or find something old and epic… or some wandering spirits. It was adventure time for the 19 year old hoodlum voudoun/santeria youth. You got nothing done by sitting around, after all. He’d also light a joint and smoke it as he walked some of the way.

<Storyteller> There is an old house in a clearing deep in the woods. The house itself is 3 stories, and would look abandoned if not for the well kept gardens that surround the place. It looks practially ominous as the sun begins to go down, the whole landscape changing.

~*Ramirez*~ “Ooh cool..” He meanders toward the house, so curious at what or who could be out here this deep in the woods for. Ominous didn’t really frighten Ramirez like it would normal teens..but then again normal teens go to haunted houses and what not out of curiosity. He was, however, not foolish and would be mindful as he went along. He’d arm up some

defenses and sensing magically, as he put out his joint and tucked it into a pocket.

<Storyteller> The old house looks sturdy and in good repair, though the dust and cobwebs seem to indicate that the place doesn’t see use. It is well off the beaten path, this place looking quite hard to find even if one were looking for it. The windows of the house are dark, not revealing anything inside.

~*Ramirez*~ stops and studies it, and the area, using life and entropy, spirit.

~*Ramirez*~ and mind. This place was interesting and he was curious if anyone actually came out here or if it was something old and abandoned. The place was unusual in that it was so well maintained…but it had cobwebs and signs of not being used often. That just didn’t happen much in the nature about here.

<Jonas> has been holed up in his workshop for a while completing Vaclava’s custom order and working on his own pet project. He decided it was time to get out and about and see the rest of the woodlands around his new home. He decided that when tromping through the forest this time he’d look like a normal animal out and about and so was in Ursine form.

<Storyteller> There is a lot of Spirit influence in the area. Especially around and in the house, it creates a sort of border some distance out as well.

~*Ramirez*~ “Hmm, weird.” He glanced about, looking around at the border as he could make it out and then back at the house. He’d check if he had crossed said border.

<Storyteller> He is most certainly inside that border.

~*Ramirez*~ “Hmm..well then..” He’d look around and start trapsing back to the border. After all, something was currently staying there or worked magics there at least so it was best to see what that exactly was before just meandering into the house uninvited with curiosity.

<Storyteller> As he starts back toward the border, that’s about the time he notices the bear wandering toward him and the house.

<Jonas> stops in front of Ramirez and waves a skull-crushing paw at him a few times.

«~Daedalus~» He pushes himself off of the railing over-looking the living room of chantry, and begins looking around for Cade; it was better to get things squared away now rather than later.

φCadeφ smacks the alarm clock on his end table and groans. He lets out a labored sigh as he hauls himself out of bed and stretches, yawning loudly. He fumbles around for a moment, flinging clothes around before he finds where he left his augmented reality glasses. Slipping them on, he kicks a pizza box out of the way and picks up the portable computer that actually runs the

program and communicates with Hecatrix, switching it on. While the operating system boots up, Cade flops into his chair and rolls himself over to his monitors lazily punching in his password. “Ok Hec, where were we?” Some furious clicking and typing later and each of the three monitors has a different task displayed. “Ok…looks like that analysis on our data mining project is just about

done, now…let’s see if we can’t poke around and try to figure out what has been eating the cell signals around here.” His stomach growls and he laughs, pushing away from the desk. “Fine fine…food first.” Cade throws on his clothes and heads out into the Chantry proper towards the kitchen.

~*Ramirez*~ looks out at the big huge bear, meandering toward himself and the house. He’d just stand there as the bear comes up to him and waves a humungous paw at him. “Yeah, hey there.” His brain whirred and then placed the bear as having to be a shifter and he knew of two beings that could change into one, by rumor, though he had not seen it before.

“So, you come out here often?..and which uh.. Bear are you?”

«~Daedalus~» Finding Cade in the kitchen after not much searching, Dae would speak up as soon as he walked into the room.. to at least announce his presence; sneaking up on someone unaware, while fun, would not yeild desired results in this case. “Greetings. You wished to see what my battle form looked like? If such is the case, I would request you prepare

yourself.”

<Cecilia> makes her way downstairs from her room, yawning and going to the kitchen to make some tea. Proper tea, not the packaged kind. She’s also wearing blue silk pajamas.

φCadeφ snorts, nearly spraying coffee out of his nose and immediately spins and pulls out his wand pointing it at Daedalus. “Ah crap, I really didn’t want to get eaten by a weredragon today. Or ever.”

<Jonas> stands up on his hind legs, then slowly reaches up to scratch his chest as he slowly returns to breed form. “I’ve seen you at the Trill a few times. You remember me, right?”

<Cecilia> looks at Cade, then to Daedalus, arching a brow. “Well, hello there.”

~*Ramirez*~ watches the being shift and his eyes seem intrigued. That looked rather painful but the man seemed to not mind it as he popped bones and moved flesh and muscle. He then nodded as he realized who the bear was. “Oh, yeah, you’re Jonas. Nice to see you.” He smiled amiably.

<Storyteller> As the sun goes down fully, that whole section of forest starts to take on new life. The flowers near the house all begin to bloom, and the trees along the border almost seem to interweave, obscuring anything beyond said border.

«~Daedalus~» He’d glance a moment to Cecilia, then back to Cade, “Too bad. Tis better you find out now, rather than during a battle.. You may come of your own volition, or you can be dragged to such a location; the choice is yours.” Turning his attention to Cecilia for a moment, he’d continue, “You may join as well, for the same reasons listed.”

<Jonas> “That’ll be $20 for the show. Come on. Pay up.” He reaches an open hand out with a smirking grin on his face. He waits a moment before turning his hand more like someone looking to shake hands, “Good to see you again, man. What brings you out here to the sticks apart from that house over there?”

<Cecilia> arches the other eyebrow as she steeps her tea, and has a Northern Italian accent. “Join what, exactly?”

~*Ramirez*~ “I’m buying a gun and ammo from you. Put it on my tab.” He laughs. He’d then look back at the house. “I didn’t realize that was out here, hombre. Este peculiar, how its out here and is in prety decent shape, yet it also looks like no one’s been there in some time… but there’s definite magic about. I am at the edge of a barrier here, of

spirit.”

φCadeφ stares hard at Daedalus, weighing his options and the mokole’s words. It seemed odd to warn him before hand if his intention was truly to do Cade harm. But perhaps that was just his way? Cade definitely felt his odds would be better here in the Chantry, but given that he’d just very casually invited Cecilia as well, he was starting to think this was just a misunderstanding.

Slowly, Cade puts his wand away and shakes his head. “Dude, we have GOT to work on your communication skills.” Cade looks down at his feet and wiggles his toes. “At least let me go put shoes on.” He takes another drink of coffee then runs up to his room to finish getting dressed and grab his gun, then comes back down. “I don’t know what the heck it is you’re talking about but since I

don’t seem to have many options…lets get going.” Cade looks at Cecilia inquisitively. “Coming, Countess?”

<Cecilia> “As soon as I finish my tea and change into something proper. And where are we headed, my dear Baron? My outfit depends on it.”

φCadeφ jerks his thumb at Dae. “I dunno, ask Daedalus, this is his field trip.”

<Cecilia> drops and stirs in some sugar, before looking to Daedalus. “Ah. My mistake. Where exactly will we be visiting?”

<Jonas> “Things are becoming less and less surprising to me over the past few months since coming home. How close did you get before you turned back?”

<Storyteller> The smell of sweet flowers drifts on the wind past Ramirez and Jonas, roses and honeysuckle.

«~Daedalus~» “We are heading into the surrounding foilage; please prepare to run if need be.” Without anything further, Dae immediately began to head outside, not waiting around that long; he would of course wait outside for Cade and or Cecilia to join him, if not at least Cade.

<Cecilia> “Hm. I’ll be along in a little while.” She takes her tea and heads back upstairs to root through her stable of outfits.

~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, I was up there, not so far from the porch really and then realized maybe I should check things out around becuase getting up close to the house showed what I said and it wasn’t ‘normal’. I thought it would be kinda cool to see if anyone lived there or well, if it was an abandoned place, totally claim it and wander through it.”

φCadeφ looks at Cecilia and shrugs before following Daedalus outside. “What’s this all about dude? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you be in such a hurry.”

<Cecilia> returns a few moments later sans teacup, wearing a t-shirt, running shoes and jeans, as well as a jacket, all a bit expensive.

<Jonas> considers a moment, “I’m gonna go do something stupid.” He starts walking toward the front door of the house, looking like he’s going head straight onto the porch and up to it.

«~Daedalus~» “I have already spoken of such things; thus repeating information is unnecessary. In any case, we are here, so let us be off. I know not who may patrol this place at night, so we must maintain vigiliance at all times, especially once I choose to shift.” He’d turn back to regard the two for a split second, before turning northward and beginning to

trudge into the forest.

~*Ramirez*~ shrugs and whispers to seemingly nothing, “Sorry, I’d respect your border but I got my friend’s back, yo.”

~*Ramirez*~ then starts walking back over that way quietly.

<Storyteller> The place lights up from inside as Jonas approaches the porch. The lights from inside seem to move slightly, indicating fire-light rather than electric.

φCadeφ frowns a bit then follows Daedalus into the forest, glad he’d brought a pair of boots with him. He taps at the air a bit and a series of dots show up on his view screen. “Alright, lets see what we can get going here.” As they walk his fingers dance across the air, lighting up the dots. Most everything works, until he gets to the spell for enhancing the impact of any

attacks he might make, at which point he walks into a cobweb and sputters mid incatation and waves his hands wildly. “Ah crap.” The spell fizzles and Cade coughs out a puff of smoke. “That’s gonna suck later.” He does his best to ignore the odd tingling sensation in his skin and pokes at a button on his view feed. “Hecatrix, if you wouldn’t mind, we’re gonna need to run some Paradox

scrubbing. Can’t believe that just happened.” He sighs and presses another button that has Hecatrix run some numerological calculation as he adjusts a few dials on his wand then taps his eyes. “Nox lux.” His pupils dilate and the dimming forest suddenly seems quite bright. “Much better.”

<Jonas> says over his shoulder, “Looks like someone is definitely home and they know we’re here.” He knocks gently on the front door.

~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah, they do.” He was sure this wasn’t one of his better ideas but hey, euthanatos. What did it matter? He’d stand there at the foot of the stairs, being watchful of what was going to happen.

<Cecilia> works her particular brand of magic, allowing her to gain night vision and look around the brightened forest.

<Zaluut> answers the door and looks the pair on his porch over curiously for a moment. “Good evening.”

<Jonas> waves, “Pardon the intrusion, but we were wandering in the forest and saw the house. Curiousity got the better of me so I wanted to see who lived her. I’m Jonas Greene.”

<Storyteller> Cade, Cecilia, and Daedalus are tromping nortward when they start to notice some really weird marks on the trees about a mile in. Like someone carved on them.

<Zaluut> looks at Jonas, “Ahhh. Kitt mentioned you before and I have noticed you passing through from time to time.”, he then looks at Ramirez.

«~Daedalus~» He frowns a slight, noticing these marks, and begins to slow his pace a slight; these kind of things weren’t exactly his forte, after all. Dae glanced back to Cade, seeming to expect some sort of explanation from him.

φCadeφ walks up and inspects one of the trees. “Huh…this is weird looking. Wonder who did this?” He looks a bit closer then holds up a hand to the others. “Ah crap, hold on a second…this is warding magic. Although…” He inspects a few of the other trees. “That’s odd. They all seem to be incomplete. Hold on a second.” He taps the air twice then follows the prompted pattern

on his view screen while reciting the short incantation that pops up on his text scrawl. “Oh…this is…weird. And possibly bad.” He turns to Daedalus. “Not only are these wards not energized…but this whole area is a void. Like, no magic energy at all. That…that doesn’t normally happen.”

«~Daedalus~» “Thus we should be worried, I would then take it? Are you able to feel the circumferance of such an area? Are we capable of circumventing it, so to speak?”

<Cecilia> looks at Cade, then around the forest. “So what you’re suggesting is that someone or something robbed the area of its’ magic somehow.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Hello, senor. I’m Ramirez. I live not so far away and like he said, we were wandering and saw the place and were curious. I hope you don’t mind.”

<Jonas> smiles and nods, “Yes, Kitt and I spoke a bit. Does she stay here with you?”

φCadeφ looks around a bit, pacing through the trees. “Yeah…we can get around it but…it’s not the only spot. I’ll keep my eyes open, just follow me and hopefully we don’t end up disintegrated or whatever happens when you enter a primal void.” He gulps and looks back at Daedalus and Cecilia. “Yeah Countess that’s the best I can tell.” He puts on a smile of false confidence.

“Just follow me and I’ll try to keep us away from the worst of it.”

<Cecilia> “Please, call me Cecilia.”

<Zaluut> nods to Ramirez and then addresses Jonas, “Yes, that she does. I would offer my congratulations on your success in defeating that creature that was terrorizing and corrupting the forest.”

«~Daedalus~» “Very well; you have point, so to speak; please, lead the way.. Though if these.. carvings are incomplete, I must wonder if they are incomplete to mark the area, or are the cause of said void, though granted I know not what I speak of.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Do you know Sascha then, since you know Kitt?”

<Jonas> “Oh.. Uhh, thanks.Yeah, that thing definitely had to go.” He then quiets not having heard Sascha’s name yet.

φCadeφ nods to both Daedalus and Cecilia then takes a deep breath. “Alright, here goes nothing, try to follow my path as closely as you can.” He heads off slowly, doing his best to stay away from the dead zones.

<Zaluut> looks back to Ramirez and nods. “I do know Sascha. We are in fact related, though not directly.”, he says before he pauses as if sensing something. “More are approaching from the South, friends of yours?”

<Cecilia> nods and begins to follow Cade, working on keeping up with him.

<Jonas> “Umm, I don’t know? I honestly hadn’t expected to see anyone I knew out here but found Ramirez by chance. I didn’t tell anyone I was taking a walk through the woods.” He looks toward the south a bit, trying to see if he can spot someone.

~*Ramirez*~ looks off and would sense out that way to see if he could figure out who was out there. “Could be. There are a couple other shifters who come out here at times and wander and keep the area safe from corrupted things, so could be one or two of them.”

<Jonas> “I only know of three others.”

<Zaluut> nods his head and waits for them to come into the clearing so they can be better seen. “Shifters do not bother me, I let them come and go as they please as long as they do not challenge my territory.”

~*Ramirez*~ “I’m not a shifter really.”

<Storyteller> The trio heading through the woods discovers the clearing, and it is very odd as the plants that surround it seem to just open up for them to pass. They can see three people talking in front of a house surrounded by gardens.

φCadeφ slows as he comes up on the clearing and waves at the other two to come join him. “Oh hey it’s Ramirez! And…others?” He looks at the plants that seemed to have moved out of their way. “This is a really weird forest.” He looks back at the trio in the clearing. “Or one of them is really weird.”

<Cecilia> studies the retreating plants a bit curiously as she approaches the clearing with Cade and Daedalus.

«~Daedalus~» He tenses a slight at the plant seeming to open up, not having expected something along those lines to happen; he’d glance aside to Cade, then over to Cecilia. He speaks under his breath, a sort of whisper to his two friends, “I know not what to exp-.. Well, I would suppose that is.. acceptable in terms of .. lessening the worry, as it were. However,

the prior noted void, I believe, is still of worry. Shall I shift now, or later?”

φCadeφ looks at Daedalus over his shoulder and shrugs a bit. “I…have no idea dude. Lets at least see what Ramirez has to say, yeah? But definitely be…ready I guess? I have no idea how shifting works.” He takes a couple steps forward and waves. “Hey Ramirez!”

<Jonas> looks over at Ramirez when someone calls out his name, “One of yours I guess? Voice sound familiar? I can’t see clearly yet from this distance.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah, he’s a Mage named Cade. He’s new. The other is a shifter, Daedalus.” He waves to Daedalus and Cade.

~*Ramirez*~ “And the last one is a Mage too.. Cecilia.”

φCadeφ turns to Daedalus and Cecilia and tugs on the corner of his his hood. “Well, Ramirez seem okay I guess? Might as well head over right? Worse comes to worst Daedalus can just eat the other ones or something.

” He laughs nervously then begins crossing the clearing.

<Zaluut> waits until they are all comfortably within earshot. “And so what do I owe the pleasure of so many of you wandering in for a visit?”

<Cecilia> moves after Cade, looking to Zaluut and gesturing to the nervous man.

<Jonas> nods, “I remember the dragon. I saved his ass in that big fight before he got eaten. Instead it decided to see what bear tasted like.”

«~Daedalus~» “We shall see. Some foods are not.. pleasant to eat, so to speak.” He’d follow after Cade, and upon hearing such a question, he’d respond in turn, “.. To be absolutely truthful, we were.. searching for a clearing of sorts, so as to facilitate a showing of sorts, when we came upon a void, of which we took utmost care to.. avoid.”

~*Ramirez*~ “There’s a void?”

<Zaluut> looks toward Jonas curiously. “Dragon?”

<Jonas> “Yeah, the big guy. He was with me during that fight with the thing.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, the evil corrupted werewolf guy that kept wrecking our gardens?”

<Jonas> “I guess? He took a big bite out of my damn leg. Not at all high on my list of things to do again.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah.. he wrecked Amy’s body. That was not a fun mess to clean up.”

<Zaluut> “The voids may be caused by that thing the Tremere created and allowed to escape.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah, the Tremere mentioned it.. I was looking for it because it’s a spectre I believe in the body.”

φCadeφ perks up a bit at the mention of the voids. “Yeah those were weird. It looked like there were unfinished wards everywhere and those voids…” Cade shudders. “I’ve never seen such absence of Primal energies.”

<Zaluut> “I believe that the creature may be comsuming whatever energy it can find to sustain itself.”

~*Ramirez*~ “When you say ‘voids’ do you mean entropy patches?”

φCadeφ raises an eyebrow at Zaluut. “That’s bad.” He opens his mouth to ask who Zaluut is but gets distracted by Ramirez. “Umm…I’m not really sure? I couldn’t see any Quintessence. Like at all. I’m not even sure how the places were managing to maintain any form with such an…absence.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “Show me that place later. I really want to see it and maybe we can trace the thing.”

<Jonas> “I think I’m the stupid kid in the class here. Would someone be nice enough to tell me what Quintessence and Tremere means, exactly?”

φCadeφ blanches a bit but nods. “If you see so man.” He then turns to Jonas. “Well…I don’t know all that terrible much about Tremere, but Quintessence is the most basic form of energy in the universe. It is the thread that weaves the Patterns of well…everything. It is primal energy it…well it’s sorta hard to really explain I guess.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Tremere are a Clan of Vampire that were once Mages, like quite a few hundred years ago.. and they live kind of right next door to us. One of them did some experiment because he was studying the curse over NOLA that no one could make vampires.”

<Zaluut> sighs and flexes his hand quietly. “The Usurpers are murderers, they stole everything they have from others.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Apparently, this one was different than the others and the body didn’t just die.. a spectre went into it and the body got up and wounded the tremere and ran off into the forest and since then it’s been uut here and various people have tried to find it with little luck. It moves about and knows it’s being looked for. I figured since I am a Mage,

maybe I could sense it since well, death and the shadowlands are my thing.”

φCadeφ looks back to Zaluut and squints a bit. “You seem like you have a pretty personal hate-on for the Tremere. Does that mean you’re a vampire?”

<Jonas> looks back at Zaluut since Ramirez and Cade are talking, “I guess by Usurpers you mean Tremere?”

<Zaluut> nods in agreement. “Yes, on both accounts.”

~*Ramirez*~ shrugs. He didn’t really want to say his opinion on this group of Tremere because they were alright to him and had helped the Mages pretty solidly in quite a few ways.

«~Daedalus~» “I realize in saying this, that such as already occurred.. but this is an unfortunate development; in regards to these void areas that were experienced… I would surmise it is a good idea to stay away from them? I also must ask.. If the one that is being hunted, is the one that created the incomplete markings on the trees?”

φCadeφ nods at Zaluut, quite pleased with himself for putting two and two together on that one, then turns to Ramirez. “I still don’t know squat about ghosts, so I don’t know how helpful I’ll be, but I can at least show you to the dead zones.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Seems to me it could be like he said.. the spectre is draining the energies from the wards perhaps and well, energy changes depending. There’s a cost and exchange.”

<Zaluut> “Yes, it was. It seems to have some form of magical memory from the one that made it. It seems to be experimenting on it’s own with Thaumaturgy, specifically Wards.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Is that Tremere still alive who made this thing happen?”

<Jonas> “Definitely sounds like something else we need to kill.”

<Zaluut> looks to Ramirez. “Yes. One that uses the technology. … Cassian was out here looking for the creature at one time, but I have not seen him lately. We did attempt to work together to herd it, but it can move in daylight and we lost it as the sun rose.”

φCadeφ frowns and retreats a bit into his hooded coat. “Yeah you guys have fun with that. Sounds above my pay grade. Playing guide is more my speed.” He fidgets with the dials on his wand a bit.

«~Daedalus~» “We still need to discuss a note-worthy topic, Cade.. There is a reason we came out here, after all; you can’t be leaving so soon.”

<Cecilia> looks at Ramirez, raising a brow, then turns to Zaluut. “This is…I’m with my friend here.” She gestures to Cade.

~*Ramirez*~ “So.. what if we do a daytime group and a night time group? Maybe we can track it helping each other out.”

<Jonas> “If it has a physical body then I can definitely give it a bad day.”

~*Ramirez*~ “If you and Cassian and whoever else work together at night.. some of us can do day time.. and we can trace it to where it is. I have some ways to do that too.”

φCadeφ turns to Daedalus and frowns. “Oh yeah. You did want to show me that thing.”

<Jonas> looks at Cade, “Did you bring a change of underwear with you? You may need it.”

<Zaluut> looks to Ramirez. “Very well. Tell Cassian of this and have him meet me. But I will tolerate no other Tremere wandering about my territory.”

φCadeφ raises his eyebrow at Jonas. “Oh gods I hope not.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Alright, I’ll talk to him as soon as I see him.” He nods to Zaluut and makes a mental note to tell Cassian as well, no other Tremere on the property. “I can see your property by the spirit lines around.. is that legit?”

<Jonas> “I guess this will be a test of sorts, then, if he shows you what I think he wants to show you.”

<Jonas> looks right back at Ramirez and Zaluut when spirits are mentioned.

<Zaluut> nods to Daedalus and gestures to the clearing. “Feel free to use the clearing for your purpose.”, he then looks at Ramirez. “Yes, the spirits obey and protect my territory.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “Alright. Thanks.” * he nods. This vampire was pretty strong to have such boundaries set up like that.

«~Daedalus~» He’d nod to Zaluut, “Very well then; I thank thee for such an ability, as it were.” He’d turn his attention back to Cade, glancing a moment to Cecilia as well, “Shall we?” He’d begin by walking away from the group a bit, giving himself some amount of room.

φCadeφ gulps a bit and fidgets with the dials on his wand some more, not really sure what to expect.

<Zaluut> was fairly curious himself, and glanced off toward where Dae and the other two were going.

«~Daedalus~» lurches forwards onto his hands and knees, his body quickly growing wider and longer, his clothes disappearing before they would begin to rip. Scales are now forming across his body, as a tail begins snaking off the end of his spine and into a spade-like tip. Dae’s head pushes away from his body, the neck growing much longer as the face widens and the

mouth lengthens into a scaled muzzle while eight horns begin to push through his hide along his brow and the back of his head. An extra set of limbs begin to form on his back as his hands and feet change into clawed forepaws and hindpaws. The limbs on his back form into two large skeleton-like hands, the fingers close together before starting to spread apart, a thing webbing of skin

forming between them. The thumb of these ‘hands’ is much shorter than the fingers, simply stopping not far away from the joint they are all attached to, but ending in a claw. As the transformation finishes, those watching are left with what appears to be a twenty-five foot tall, sixty-foot long rustic-brownish colored western dragon with dull-white horns, yellowish-orange eyes with black

ovals in the center, and teeth hidden behind beaded lips.

~*Ramirez*~ looks out at what Daedalus and the other two were up to as he also looked about the land with some curiosity to become more familiar with the spirits feeling out here as would be compared to a spectre’s because he got how that would feel already, thanks to the lovely mess left behind by David.

<Zaluut> pauses, and walks slowly over toward the dragon, and around as he studies it. “Amazing. It has been a very long time indeed since I have seen anything quite like this.”

<Jonas> walks with Zaluut, but heading toward Cade to see how he’s taking seeing something like this. As he gets closer he starts loudly sniffing.

<Cecilia> takes several steps back as Daedalus shifts, but keeps an eye on Cade.

φCadeφ watches the process with wide eyes and takes a few steps back, his wand tightly gripped in one hand and the other instinctively going to the pistol inside his jacket. “Okay yeah, I did NOT think it was going to be that BIG. Holy crap.” He takes a few more steps back shaking his head very slightly, heart pounding as his fight or flight reflex starts kicking in.

<Jonas> “Settle down, man. It’s not like we both shifted and wanted to eat you or something.” He chuckles trying to keep things light hearted.

φCadeφ turns to Jonas and takes a step back from him as well, while still staying a good ways from Daedalus. “This…this is WAY above my pay grade.” He looks back at the dragon an swallows. “I think maybe I should not have come here…”

«~Daedalus~» Not that he’d help matters with what he was about to say; he swung his head in Cade’s direction, looming over him, before uttering a few gutteral, raspy words, “Food mentioned?” He’d glance a moment to Zaluut as the new acquaintance walked around him, a bit curious as to the studying that was occurring.

<Zaluut> chuckles a little bit. “This is larger than I can get. Always been curious about that with Shifters… size is no barrier.”, he looks over at Cade and half-smiles. “So then you wouldn’t want to see a second one?”

φCadeφ looks at Zaluut and slowly shakes his head. “I…I just want to go home…”

~*Ramirez*~ smirks as Cade freaks out. That was amusing. “I don’t see why you are afraid. They are both pretty nice. I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of that pain, but hey, think of it like this…You probably wouldn’t suffer long if it did happen.”

<Jonas> “You can do that, too? oh wow. I thought the bear was interesting. I figured it was just like bats and wolves and stuff normally.”

<Zaluut> looks back at Jonas and smiles. “Oh I can do that too. But so much more.”, he stands back a bit and then his body starts to twist and fold in on itself before getting so much bigger, his arms form wings and his neck lenghtens and his jaws open wide into a dangerous maw. Eventually he looks something like a dragon without scales, and nothing about it from

<Zaluut> the teeth to the sharp quills on it’s tail look less than lethal.

<Cecilia> looks to Zaluut, stepping back even further and looking horrified/a bit scared.

<Jonas> “Now I’m gonna feel all embarassed if I don’t. Talk about peer pressure here.”

<Zaluut> is only about twelve feet long, with perhaps an eight foot wingspan, but that does not really make him less frightening. That tail flicks back and forth like an angry cat, and is covered in barbed quills.

«~Daedalus~» He regards Zaluut curiously as he changes form, idly wondering if he was still capable of speech with that maw of his.

~*Ramirez*~ just watches with such deep intrigue as now Zaluut shifts. This was a different sort of transmutation than what the shifters seemed to do, but equally as interesting. “Wow, that is fucking awesome.”

φCadeφ looks at Ramirez with a complete lack of amusement. “Not helping.” Despite his words, his grip does relax on his wand slightly. “It’s still a fricking dragon.” He shakes his head and then watches Zaluut with renewed horror. “Nope. Nope nope nope nope.” He backs up even more until he is against a tree. He starts to turn, ready to take off into the woods, but looks back

and hesitates, unwilling to just leave Cecilia there.

<Jonas> sighs, rolls his shoulders and then starts to grow taller and a little hairier. About 20 seconds later his clothing is starting to fade out from view as the fur overtakes it and he continues getting taller, more bulky, and wider as his face, hands and feet become more bear-like until finally he stops at 18 feet tall with razor sharp, vicious looking claws that are over a foot in length. His end form looks like something out of a

Caveman’s worst possible nightmare. The oddity of this is that the eyes remain perfectly chill and he just kinda raises his clawed hands and rasps out a quiet, “rawr.”

<Cecilia> eyes Ramirez. “…..I fail to see how exactly ‘that is awesome.'”

φCadeφ watches Jonas transform as well and looks behind him again, feeling that leaving the area was probably the smartest course of action. His grip on his wand tightens again and his pistol is drawn and at his side, though he can’t remember when that happened.

~*Ramirez*~ had made his honest attempt to help Cade, but like was the typical norm, a euthanatos’ advice on death was not well received. He took no offense as he watched this amazing thing before him .. and then he looked over at Cecilia. “You lack in imagination and to see wonder and awe in what’s around you. I love the experience of this stuff. It’s amazing.”

<Cecilia> “If you say so.”

<Jonas> does as best he can to growl out, “Bang bang” and then slowly shakesh is head negatively.

<Zaluut> eyes Daedalus, studying him still before turning to look at Jonas, impressed. He brings his long head and neck around to Cade and gives him a cursory sniff before some drool drops off those long pointed teeth. He then backs up and nods to Ramirez as he slowly returns to his human shape. “Perhaps I will take you flying sometime.”

φCadeφ shakes his head and turns. The proximity of that razor filled maw is the last straw for him, and he takes off into the forest, not paying any real attention to where he is going, only concerned with getting as far away from montsers as he possibly can.

<Jonas> growls out, “Go now. Bye bye.” He makes a claw-strike away from everyone at open air and tears a visible hole open that glows with a green energy. He waves to the group before stepping through and the hole starts to close behind him.

<Zaluut> waves a hand and the trees close around Cade before he can harm himself stumbling about in the dark in a panic.

φCadeφ thrashes agains the branches, even more panicked now that the trees seemed to be after him too. He fumbles in his pockets, trying to find his lighter, intent on burning his way out of the forest if he has to.

~*Ramirez*~ blinked and smiled like a little kid. The offer of flying around on a dragon’s back.. wow, that was just fucking ultimate. “Wow, thanks. I’d be really honored and that would be the best thing ever.”

<Cecilia> goes after Cade, to help him out.

«~Daedalus~» He’d attempt to ‘help’ in his own way as well.. Since Cade did not seem keen on halting his own escape.. Dae would at least try to grab him with a forepaw.. slowly reaching out towards him…

~*Ramirez*~ “I think we need to go get him and guide him back to the chantry. It was nice meeting you, Zaluut.” He’d watch Cade well, panicking.

φCadeφ spins and lets out a terrified yelp as a giant claw reaches out for him and he abandons his search for his lighter, instead pointing his pistol at the the appendage and pulling the trigger. Of course, nothing happens since in his panic he had neither chambered a round or turned off the safety. “Crap crap crap.” His hands tremble as he workds the pistol’s slide and flips

off the safety.

<Zaluut> “I could force him into submission but I would rather not. it can take a long time for such timid humans to recover.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “Yeah, better to not do that. Thanks again. May I come back again to talk to you?”

«~Daedalus~» As Cade points that device at his forepaw.. he stops for a second, hovering the paw at about a foot or so from Cade. Glancing aside to Zaluut, he thinks for a moment, before speaking again in a raspy voice, “Borrow rope?”

<Zaluut> nods to Ramirez and slowly allows the plants to release the mage for his friends to manage. “You are welcome to come back and speak with me. If the flowers bloom then I am home.”, he looks to Dae, “Hopefully that will not be needed.”

~*Ramirez*~ heads over to Cade to go deal with that problem called poor Cade seeing more than most people would want to. “Thanks again” he calls out to Zaluut and then would finish his jog over to Cade. “You okay? We’re going home, Cade.”

φCadeφ turns sharply toward Ramirez, swinging his his wand toward him. It seems to take several seconds for him to even realize who he is looking at, then he turns back to the enourmous claws in front of him, gun still shaking in his hand without a word.

<Zaluut> looks to the dragon and bows his head. “Should you seek a sparring partner in the future, you know where to find me.”

<Cecilia> grabs Cade’s hand when she catches up to him, forcing the wand and his arm down before shaking her head at him.

«~Daedalus~» He’d give a sort of bow to Zaluut, “Shall.” before turning his attention back to Cade and Ramirez, “Ride sky? Ride Ground?” He doesn’t move his paw away from Cade just yet, but he doesn’t move it forwards either, preparing to restrain him if necessary.

φCadeφ turns to Cecilia and looks at her for a long moment before his other arm drops limply to his side and his chin drops to his chest. Quietly, almost too quiet even for her to hear he mutters. “I want to go home…”

<Cecilia> nods. “Let’s go home, then.”

~*Ramirez*~ watched as Cade faced him, pointing his wand. The man was much calmer than he should be and actions around him followed. “It’s alright, Cade. We’re heading home now. Come on. I know the way.” He’d turn and start heading for the chantry.

«~Daedalus~» He’d frown a slight at Ramirez, but he’d move to follow either way.

~*Ramirez*~ watches though out of the corner of his eye cuz if Cade was going to run off, he was totally going to Mind zap him.

φCadeφ stands slowly, putting the wand and gun back in their respective places. He pulls his hood down farther over his head and then pulls his coat around his body, following Ramirez silently. Several dozen notifications from Hecatrix flash on his view feed, but he ignores them, taking the augmented reality glasses off and putting them in his pocket as they walk.

«~Daedalus~» He meanwhile follows at the tail end… keeping an eye on Cade to make sure he didn’t decide to run off on his own.

~*Ramirez*~ continues heading toward the property but says back, “Cade, are you alright? Talk to us.”

<Cecilia> follows Cade, keeping stride with him as they return to the chantry.

φCadeφ simply shrugs and keeps his head down. His heart is still pounding, but the fear is nearly gone, replaced by a powerful mixture of embarassment and disappointment. As they continue he suddenly points off to the side and very quietly says, “Dead zone.”

<Cecilia> places a hand on Cade’s shoulder in a reassuring gesture.

~*Ramirez*~ stops and looks around. He’d take out a piece of chalk and then mark something on a tree. “Cool. I can come out here later with some others.”

φCadeφ reaches up and places his hand on Cecilia’s for a moment. “I’m okay. Thanks.”

<Cecilia> nods, but doesn’t take her hand off his shoulder.

«~Daedalus~» He’d glance a moment in the direction that Cade pointed, before returning to his duty for the moment.

~*Ramirez*~ “So, now that this is marked.. what do you guys want to do?”

φCadeφ looks around a bit and shrugs. “It’s the woods. Nothing to do.” His voice is still quiet, but there seems to be a tinge of bitterness to it, his anger at himself showing through a bit.

~*Ramirez*~ stops and turns to look at Cade. “Alright.. why are you so angry, jefe?”

φCadeφ casts his gaze off to the side, unable to bring himself to make eye contact. “Wouldn’t you be after making a fool of yourself like that?”

φCadeφ sighs and shakes his head. “If they hadn’t been friends…if those three had been attacking you, then I would have just left you all there to fight them by yourselves while I ran away like a coward.”

~*Ramirez*~ shakes his head. “Nah, it’s a life thing. We all go through changes and as Mages we are going to test our limits and find out we have more reserve than we ever thought. You were afraid. Now you are here dealing with it and seeing it wasn’t so bad. It’s a lesson learned, hombre. Nothing to be ashamed about.”

<Cecilia> “I would’ve brought you back if you did.”

~*Ramirez*~ “We were in no danger either.”

φCadeφ shrugs. “I guess, but still…” He kicks a small rock off the path. “Aunt Lucinda would have been so disappointed.”

«~Daedalus~» He’d frown a slight hearing what Cade had to say, before giving him a very, very, very light shove with a forefinger, making sure to not make contact with the claw of that finger, “All start somewhere.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Cade, we all fight how we will. Seems to me like you still need to find your place in that way. You will though.”

<Zoelie> doing some squats and pushups back at the chantry in the garden to work off some of that chubby’s chicken and lemon pie.

φCadeφ smiles slightly at their attempts to cheer him up. “Thanks guys. I just…I really don’t think fighting is for me.” His head cocks a bit to the side as they approach the Chantry and he sighs in relief at a welcome distraction to take the attention off of himself. “Who is that?”

«~Daedalus~» He’d look up towards Zoe when Cade spoke up, before his attention drifted towards Ramirez, remembering his friend’s earlier question.. though addressing that could wait. For the moment, he remained quiet to let those with a good voice answer the more difficult questions.

~*Ramirez*~ “That’s Zoelie. She’s our resident Creole VA Mage.”

<Cecilia> squeezes Cade’s shoulder as they walk up to the entrance, letting go shortly after.

φCadeφ slips his augmented reality glasses back on as they approach the Chantry. Hecatrix has deleted all but one of the earlier notifications, leaving a single message that takes up his view feed. ‘ARE YOU OKAY?’ with two boxes beneath it labeled YES and NO. He smiles and pokes the YES box and a stick figure made up of binary characters pops up and makes a hugging motion at

him. Cade laughs and shakes his head. “Thanks Hec. About to go talk to a Virtual Adept, that should be fun for you right?” Several emojis of happy excitement scroll across his feed and hi chuckles again. “Lets go then.” He turns and looks at Cecilia over his shoulder as they walk and mouths the words ‘Thank you’.

«~Daedalus~» Question answered, he chose this moment to speak up, answering Ramirez’s earlier question. He lifted up a forepaw to lightly prod him with a finger, as he had done with Cade, “Train?” A grin snaked across his lips as he spoke.

<Cecilia> nods in return, giving him a light smile as she enters, and heads to a couch.

<Zoelie> looks over at people as they come in “Oh bonne lannuit, Ramirez, Cecilia and…Daedalus, where you been hiding? And who’d you bring home?” looks at Cade.

~*Ramirez*~ “Train when you are in that form? Are you on meth?” * he laughed.

φCadeφ takes a deep breath to center himself and then waves at the new person. “My name’s Cade. My familiar also says hello.” He smiles and taps his glasses. “I haven’t fixed her ability to interface with speakers yet so she can’t…ya know…actually say stuff.”

«~Daedalus~» “Nay. Steel.” He’d chuckle a slight at that thought, before further clarifying. “As human.”

<Zoelie> “Well hello there Cade. I am Zoelie. What’s your familiar’s name?”

~*Ramirez*~ “Alright, sure. We can kill each other with swords.”

φCadeφ smiles. “Hecatrix. Short for Hecate Matrix. She was a minor data spirit that got entangled in a program I was writing for casting assistance through augmented reality interface and numerological calculation processing. Now she’s a legitimate AI.”

«~Daedalus~» He’d smile then, a nice toothy grin, before shifting back into his homid form.. his clothing re-forming on his body when it could without ripping. “I shall fetch the training swords… I can at least promise you, however, that no one should die from this.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Alright, if you insist, no deaths!” He grinned back and would crack his knuckles and wait for Daedalus to return with the training swords.

«~Daedalus~» With one last smirk, he’d turn to head inside the building, returning a few moments later with a couple of shinai.. a particular type of training sword made out of bound bamboo, also known as a kendo stick. He’d toss one on over to Ramirez, before taking a sort of fighting stance himself, “So, do you have any experience with a blade at all, just so I

know roughly where to begin?”

~*Ramirez*~ catches it, not very fancily but hey, and nods. “I do but not like this, swords and stuff. I know how to use a machete and daggers and stuff.”

φCadeφ leans back against the wall of the Chantry and watches Daedalus and Ramirez.

<Cecilia> reclines against the couch, and soon enough a cat joins her, getting itself scritched.

«~Daedalus~» “.. Well, I’ll just start with what I know, I would say; teaching is not exactly something I am used to doing, so please bear with me. The simple stuff.. keep the point of your blade pointed towards where the eyes of your foe would be, or if training on your own, level with your own eyes. Apart from that.. I’ll give an example of a move once, then we

can repeat it four or so times, to get your body used to it.. Muscle memory, and all that.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “That makes sense, hermano. Go on.”

φCadeφ taps at the air and nods then turns to Zoelie. “Hecatrix is curious as to whether you’ve noticed the anamolies in cell signals around here. We’ve been trying to look into it but haven’t had a whole lot of time between getting settled in and our other project.”

«~Daedalus~» He’d give a nod, before beginning the movements; he’d start off with an overhead block, then a 45 degree block.. and so on and so forth around a circle; giving a single example before to make sure his friend understood the movement before doing the next four. “We probably should have stretched before we began this.. however we may not always have that

luxury before battle.. But to be clear, it is always a good idea to stretch anyways.. To at least get your body to the point where you don’t really need to stretch.”

<Zoelie> “well, bonne lannuit, Hecatrix, nice to meet you both. Anomalies in the cell signals around where exactly, New Orleans?” says it like Nawlins.

φCadeφ nods. “Yeah, this is the first place we’ve noticed it. Seems like the signals are being siphoned off. Losing a bit of power or even random data packets. Not sure what is causing it.”

~*Ramirez*~ watches the first movement and then would try to duplicate it after, watching the next movements and doing the same to get them down pat a few times. “Stretching actually is its own form of exercise. I’m sure we’ll be fine.”

<Zoelie> “Well there is always some weird shit happenin in this place. And couple months back we had someone go off script and their avatar went stomping around the city. ‘crats rolled that carpet up, know what i’m sayin’? could be something to do with it.”

φCadeφ nods slowly. “Yeah I heard something about that. It was some guy named Arthur right? A Hermetic, like myself?”

<Zoelie> “Yeah that was the guy. I guess he was Hermetic, I hope to gawd you ain’t like him.”

φCadeφ laughs and shakes his head enthusiastically. “I may be part of the Order of Hermes, but I’m somewhat of an outlier.” He taps his augmented reality glasses and holds out his hand so she can see the special gloves that allow him to interact with its interface. “I’m a lot more technologically inclined than the other Hermetics I’ve met, though not quite as much as you Virtual

Adepts. What I do is still very much ‘magic’ in the classical sense, I just see no reason why I can’t use computer programs and more advanced versions of various implements to help me do it.”

<Zoelie> “That line of thinking must’ve made you reallllll popular with the Hermetics.”

<Zoelie> “Not that it’s a bad direction.”

«~Daedalus~» “Fair point, there. Next up, we have attacks, following the same rough pattern as the blocks..” An overhead strike, a strike 45 degrees to the neck.. 90 to the neck, 45 to the knee.. Etcetera. The only cut that was avoided for the moment was one that was straight down.

~*Ramirez*~ watches these particular 4 point attacks and would mimic them to his best ability as well.

~*Ramirez*~ “So I take it you block and attack with these similar tilts and stuff.. and we can fake spar parrying these?”

<Cecilia> shifts the cat’s position, looking at Daedalus for a moment, then turns to Zoelie and Cade, moving over to where they are, cat in tow.

«~Daedalus~» “We do, and we can; these particular swords don’t incur injury if we hit each other with them.. that is, unless you swing particularly hard and forget to pull your blow, you may end up with a bruise. With stabbing, it’s a little bit different, since the tip of the sword doesn’t flex against the impact as the side does. The next exercise in your

crash-course is probably not what you would have expected; a spar without contact, to practice control.”

<Zoelie> smirks at cecilia “Ah everybody getting on the familiar train.”

φCadeφ nods, a grin on his face. “Yeah, probably the only Hermetic that would even remotely have supported the idea is dead. My Aunt Lucinda…well she didn’t really ‘get’ technology either, but she always supported me and my hobbies. She even collaborated with someone from your tradition to help me Awaken. Left me a video game in her will that was specifically designed for

that purpose. So yeah, she may not have been big on technology herself, but I think if she were still around she’d find my approach interesting.” He smiles sadly then shakes his head and laughs. “All the other Hermetics I have met call it blasphemy though.”

<Cecilia> “I’ve had one. I just kept him locked away.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “Sounds good to me. I gotta get good at this for reasons that some others seem to do melee and well, certain things out there take more damage by sharp things than blunt.”

«~Daedalus~» “A fair reason, not that any other reason is less fair. Simply using a blade is a workout in itself; your wrists will begin to take the most of the punishment, and after that begins to ease up, then its your legs that start to get sore after awhile.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “Well, I can help you back too. I can enhance your weapons once I figure out the trick.”

«~Daedalus~» “Tis most appreciated, my friend, tis most appreciated. Control is of course a major component of this course, given when we actually get to steel… well, we would definitely need control there. The ability to pull one’s blows, or stop before contact is a worry.”

<Zoelie> raises eyebrows “Your Auntie made you video game? How’d she do that if she didn’t code?”

φCadeφ smiles. “Like I said, she had a Virtual Adept do most of the work. Don’t know who, I assume someone that owed her a favor. She designed the game, as in the concepts and story and such, and the Adept did all the code work and helped her to channel the magic into it correctly so it would work the way she wanted.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “Right, control. Which would kinda be with these stances..to enable you to pull back. So..what do you do if your stance gets borked?”

«~Daedalus~» “You tumble, you fall, and you fall back into another stance, as needed; tumbling itself gives you the chance to right yourself, to correct your stance, as it were. So provided we have grass, or something soft to land on, we can of course practice that as well, both with the blade sheathed, and out.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Right, sounds like a plan.” Ramirez nods.

«~Daedalus~» “Eventually, as muscle-memory begins to take hold, so will your ability to read your foe blossom… Eventually, you will not even focus on their blade, and will simply react. Another important bit of learning.. the ability to throw, and catch a sword.. Say you are without a weapon in the middle of a fight; you want to be able to catch and use what is

thrown to you, or likewise throw, without injuring, your friend who would need a sword.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “Yeah, true. I’m going to guess you wanna do like scissors and thow the hilt towards the person. not the blade. ”

<Zoelie> “oh that’s what you meant! well that is a unique situation, your auntie sounds like she was a forward thinker and trying to bridge the gap.”

«~Daedalus~» “That is indeed correct, even if the blade is sheathed, although catching the hilt by itself will be a subskill of that skill; in the best scenario, the blade is usually sheathed.. We however cannot always depend upon that.”

φCadeφ nods and smiles. “Yeah, even though she didn’t really understand technomancy, she wanted to see a world where classic mages and technomancers could coexist peacefully. Cancer took her before she could make it happen, so now I’m trying to do it for her.”

<Zoelie> her face freezes for a moment “Cancer killed your auntie?”

<Cecilia> looks at Cade, sympathy crossing her features.

<Zoelie> “I’m sorry bout that. That really sucks.”

<Zoelie> “And why you kept your familiar locked up Cecilia? Is he a bad kitty?”

~*Ramirez*~ nods. “So basically practice catching it and throwing it.”

«~Daedalus~» He’d give a nod, “Pretty much; do you feel ready for a quick no-contact spar, or do you want to practice the set of moves I showed you a bit more before we get there?”

φCadeφ smiles sadly. “Thanks. It does suck that she’s gone. It would have been nice to have her around after Awakening to talk to about magic. There’s a huge part of her life I never knew about before, and now that I do it is too late.” He shrugs and sighs. “But I understand why she did it. Having a Sleeper around must have been dangerous enough on its own without also telling

me about what she was doing. She just wanted to keep me safe. When the cancer hit she knew she didn’t have long so she had the game made, that way I had a better chance of Awakening and being able to defend myself if her enemies ever came after me.”

<Cecilia> “Perhaps.”

~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah sure, let’s go for it.”

«~Daedalus~» He gives a slight smirk, “Very well. Later, when we get more used to the idea of this exercise, we can add another.. thing to it; if contact is made, we each do ten push-ups… But like I said, that can wait for later.”

<Zoelie> shakes her head “I guess what I’d like to know is how any of them know who’s sleepin to begin with.”

<Zoelie> “Just because you related to people doesn’t always mean you gonna wake up.”

φCadeφ shrugs. “Yeah, but from what I understand, that doesn’t matter much to the people Aunt Lucinda was fighting. They would had come after me just out of spite since they didn’t get to kill her.” He shakes his head and reaches a hand halfway out towards Cecilia’s cat. “May I?”

<Zoelie> “and who was it that she was fightin?”

<Cecilia> “If you want to, but be careful.”

φCadeφ smiles at Cecilia and gently pets the cat’s head. “Not sure. The note in her will said that it might be safer for me not to know, but if that ever changed she ‘had things in place’ to see to it that I would get the information I needed.”

~*Ramirez*~ nods and he will train and work on sword play with Daedalus for a while.

<Cecilia> will linger, watching her cat try to bite Cade’s fingers.

φCadeφ nods to everyone and stretches. “Well it was nice meeting you Zoelie. Cecilia, always a pleasure, and thank you.” He waves to get the other two’s attentions. “Daedalus…I’m sorry I freaked out on you. Ramirez, we can go looking for those dead zones whenever you want. For now though…I just want to go veg out for a bit. I’ll see all of you later.” With that, he heads

inside and up to his room. Once there he immediate takes off his jacket and boots, then starts up a movie on one screen, a chat forum with his technopagan group on another, and a vidoe game on the last one. He sighs and spins in his chair a few times. “Well that was humiliating. Ugh…” He stops the spin and starts playing the game, losing himself in it so he doesn’t have to deal with

his embarassment for a little while.

<Zoelie> “Yeah, see you around, Cade. Make yourself at home.” she heads off for the evening.