<Isabo Kali> walks back and forth in front of Cassian’s door, hands behind her back as she paces.

■► Cassian ◄■ would peer up from a dusty book and move it to the side. Ah, wards..making them unique and changing over the other ones that were potentially being messed with..that was the agenda now. He’d go to the door and open it. “Ah, greetings, Isabo.”

<Isabo Kali> stops her pacing to look at Cassian and sighs before looking at him. “Regent, I need to speak with you.”

■► Cassian ◄■ studies her a moment. She looked like it was urgent, but kind of not..well, it must be kind of amusing then. He pressed, “Go on. What can I do for you?”

<Isabo Kali> sighs. “It’s … whoever is pulling these pranks needs to cut it out. It’s interfering with my work outside of here even.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “I see. So Brandon still is insistent he is not the one doing it. Are we sure it does not have something to do with whatever keeps trying to bypass the wards? What are these pranks anyway?”

<Isabo Kali> grumbles slightly under her breath. “Well, this is very much inside and i do not think that whatever is out there has gotten in. Secondly… it’s… electronics, most of it anyway. In my case it plays music anytime i am close. Even in an elevator, or an intercom speaker…”

■► Cassian ◄■ “What kind of music? Is there some pattern to it?”

<Isabo Kali> looks at him, her face expressing her extremely unamused attitude toward it. “It… plays Witchy Woman.”

■► Cassian ◄■ looks off a moment. Oh, mentally he couldn’t help but laugh to himself…and then a chuckle escaped him outside of his mind palace. He then ahemed but shrugged. There was no recovering from that. “I see. Have you met any new people lately outside of here?”

<Isabo Kali> actually narrows her eyes at him. “Yes, but not related to this. Not at any time before… and I am not the only victim. Others have been pranked as well, it just seems to follow me the most.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Who else is being pranked?”

<Isabo Kali> thinks, “Natasha, Icarus… myself…”, she frowns as she comes to a realization. “It seems to be picking on the women specifically.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Interesting. So it could be some kind of ritual targeting you each. What songs is it playing for the other two?”

<Isabo Kali> “I do not think it was songs for them. They were getting messages on devices. Icarus had it so bad she dumped her phone. I have not heard from natasha very recently on her issue.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Alright, I’ll go talk to Icarus and see what was on her phone that was so bad, and see about Natasha. For now, I want you to try to give track the occurrences, time and place.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “That way we can see what other patterns there are other than it is targeting women.”

<Isabo Kali> sighs. “You are sure it’s not just Brandon screwing around? He wouldn’t use it on himself… or you. Though i suppose the other two would make fair targets.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “He has said it was not him, so if it is him, I think he’d know better. It does not mean that we don’t have someone infiltrating our technology around here though so we should figure out how they are doing it and get it stopped.”

<Isabo Kali> “So far I haven’t found anything… and I have taken things apart. Went over it with my Clairvoyance and i just get this static and grey fog.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Static and grey fog is a clue though.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “I’ll talk to Brandon and see if maybe he annoyed someone or this is some kind of backlash he wasn’t aware of. However, we may be designing a ritual ward for this situation as well. We need to redo the wards to change the patterns so that whatever is messing with them anyway is stopped. Some backlash wouldn’t be a bad thing.”

<Isabo Kali> raises one of those finely trimmed eyebrows at him. “I have been going over it and canot place it at all… though I thought it might have been Brandon blocking me as he knows countermagic.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “I’ll talk to him but I don’t think it is him. It may be something he has invited, but by now he would have admitted it if it was him.”

<Isabo Kali> nods her head. “I am doubting that it was him, as much as he likes to play he wouldn’t risk this much trouble.”

■► Cassian ◄■ nods. “Yes, usually he can tell when the gig is up.”

<Isabo Kali> sighs and nods. “But then that begs the question… who and how did they get past our defenses?”

■► Cassian ◄■ “They might not be going through our defenses. You said it is using technology, so I’m going to guess it has something to do with that and well, while Tremere are decent at it, and Brandon is very good, we have to acknowledge there are some beings out there who might be able to do more than we can, or go unnoticed at least. It’s a good thing

in a way to happen so we can take care of it now.”

<Isabo Kali> nods her head at that. “But why just be annoying? It could have been spying or worse…”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Maybe it wants to test things or perhaps it is giving us a warning there is a hole in our defenses? I am not sure really. It’s clear though if it can do this to you and the other women, it could do more.”

<Isabo Kali> nods in agreement. “I will look into it some more and see what i can find… as Brandon is good with tech perhaps he can be of assistance.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Yup, heading to him now. Can you tell Icarus to meet me at Brandon’s room?”

<Isabo Kali> nods and then heads off that way. “Alright then.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Thanks for telling me what was going on.” He heads off to Brandon’s room and would knock on the door.

<Brandon Tresti> sighs and looks through the camera, the door clicking and opening with a switch after he sees that it is Cassian out there. He stands up and looks to him. “Yes, Regent?”

■► Cassian ◄■ “So…any clues as to who is playing with the technology around here and doing pranks at the women?”

<Brandon Tresti> just shakes his head. “I can’t seem to catch anything on the cameras… it’s rather like they are being used. Well, the wired ones anyway. I got new ones that are wireless but i can’t control them quite the same way. Hoping it means the other person can’t either though.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Well, we’re going to be redoing the wards around here to be more distinctive and such, so you might want to plan on the same with your equipment. We should all get together on these so we can make distinguishing ones. For the mean time, I suppose the wireless is the best option.”

<Icarus> walks up to brandon’s door and knocks lightly. “My presence was requested?”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Yes it was.. Hello, Icarus. I was wondering if you could describe to me what’s going on with you by our technological attacker?”

<Icarus> looks at Cassian. “It was… pervy. My phone camera would turn on and take pictures of me and then the pictures would undress themselves.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Oh.. did you totally get rid of your phone?”

<Icarus> “There may be a few pieces left… I flung it with some force and Petri finished it off in defense of my honor.”

<Brandon Tresti> blinks and doesn’t argue that.

■► Cassian ◄■ “Well, you have a new phone now?”

■► Cassian ◄■ seems to just leave the old phone thing alone now.

<Icarus> shakes her head. “Not yet. I was afraid it would happen again.”

<Brandon Tresti> “I can get you a new one and if there is any trouble bring it to one of us, please?”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Yes, get her one please. We need to be able to communicate. in the meantime, let’s work on these wards and what not and I’ll go talk to some others and see if anyone else is experiencing anything.”

<Icarus> nods and waits for bradon to bring her a phone. “Anything else?”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Nah, just try to work on the wards since something is messing with them. I am doing some changes as I can so they are not standard. If you can come up with ideas on what to stack on the wards as things to deter people, let me know.”

<Icarus> “Very well.”, she says and then heads off toward her room once more, looking the phone over before attempting to activate.

■► Cassian ◄■ watches with some curiosity and then walks around the house and property to see if he could tell anything that was amiss.

<Storyteller> There is a heavy feeling coming from the forest. A definite feeling of being watched.

■► Cassian ◄■ scans the forest with auspex heightened senses.

<Storyteller> There doesn’t seem to be anything visible, but the feeling intensifies as he looks for it’s source.

■► Cassian ◄■ walks around some more. “You can come out and talk if you wish.”

<Conrad> looks up from his book in time to see Cassian head out into the woods. Needing a break from studying, he heads out after him, catching up just as Cassian calls out to seemingly no one.

<Storyteller> The forest is eerily still, not even bugs are making noise.

<Conrad> slows and looks at Cassian. “It is far too quiet out here.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Of course it is. A predator is out there that nature seems to fear.”

<Conrad> stops dead in his tracks and looks at Cassian with wide eyes, heightening all his senses. “I do not suppose there is any chance it’s just us causing that?” He smiles meekly.

■► Cassian ◄■ “Nope, no chance. You simply are not frightening enough and I am not doing anything really scary at the moment.”

<Conrad> sighs and looks around. “I was afraid if that.”

<Storyteller> Everything has grown back after the death of the corrupted werewolf, mostly with the help of the Mages. But the overgrown treeline which obscures the Chantries, also possibly obscures other things.

■► Cassian ◄■ “I double dog dare you to throw a rock over there.”

<Conrad> gives Cassian an incredulous look and opens his mouth to retort with a remark about Cassian’s mental age but then has an idea. He bends down and throws a rock as hard as he can then takes a few steps back. “Don’t forget, you’re the closer target.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Pssh, I don’t care about that.” He so watches to see what happens!

<Storyteller> The rock goes off into the bushes and crashes… then it all goes quiet. That feeling coming from there is near overwhelming, then in an instant, gone. Sounds begin to return to the treeline once more.

■► Cassian ◄■ “Ah, there we go. Whatever it was is gone now. Think of some traps to go over there. That foliage is a friend and foe at one time.” He pats Conrad on the back as he heads back to the porch.

<Conrad> stares at the spot for a long time before following after Cassian in a hurry. “I’ll uh…start warding some spikes or something.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Sounds like a decent enough start. So how are you getting along here?”

<Conrad> glances back one last time then nods enthusiastically. “Quite well thank you. I’ve picked up a respectable number of rituals and I believe I’m on the verge of advancing my general prowess at the art once again.” He taps his cane against the pistol on his belt. “Not to mention more mundane skills, as well as, of course, a better understanding of the supernatural as a whole.” He considers m

entioning Elena’s Wraith but decides to hold off on that for now.

■► Cassian ◄■ “Well that is good. This means we can get you some more tasks to do.”

<Conrad> smiles and nods. “I would appreciate that. As much as I love research it is little use if not applied.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “That is good. So what has your research mainly been focused on lately?”

<Conrad> “Wards, some rituals to aid hunting, one to summon specially prepared items, and one to interfere with machinery that I’m having the damnedest time with.” He seems to want to continue but simply shrugs.

■► Cassian ◄■ “What one is that?”

■► Cassian ◄■ will catch up with Conrad later. “Have a good night. I’m off to go work on wards.”

<Conrad> “Machine Blitz. If you need assistance come find me!”