<Storyteller> After the attack by ghouls at the marina, and general assholishness of the general Setite population… plus one angry-ass corrupted werewolf running amok. Many have stated it would be a good idea to do a sweep of the local swamp and take out some snake nests.

<<Vaclava>> texts Cora “I want to help get rid of these Setites. It’s a little late to sit back and watch everyone else do the work.”

<CoraAnn> texts back. “Me too… I think we should go out and kick them in the crotch.”

<<Vaclava>> <txt to cora>”where should we meet?”

Arthur walks into the swamp slowly. He is wearing very plain clothing. He walks in the direction of the lake that they entered into the Umbra and he first encountered his avatar. He is also carrying whatever weapons he could get a hold of. Additionally he is walking with a slender stick to use to both feel the ground and as a first defense.

<CoraAnn> :<txt>:The park on Willow has a parking lot and a way into the swampy areas they have been using.::

Katie messages all around, before also heading to the park, arsenal in tow.

<<Vaclava>> <txt to cora>”on my way.”

<<Vaclava>> heads out there

Arthur looks around briefly and pokes the edge of the water of the lake at the other end of the park.

He sits down to meditate thinking about the Danu, the being that was part of him.

■► Cassian ◄■ heads out and would park his vehicle by Cora’s and get out, surveying the area.

<CoraAnn> waves to Cassian and to Katie and Vaclava as she look out toward the murky water and droopy trees.

■► Cassian ◄■ waggles his fingers to Cora, Katie and Vaclava. He’d then study the area, enhancing senses.

<<Vaclava>> “….hmmm….glad I wore sensible shoes….I suppose.”

Katie notices the others and waves, patting the duffle slung over her shoulder. She looks over at the edge of the water where Arthur is and blinks, doublt takes, then blinks again. “What the heck?”

<<Vaclava>> smiles at cassian and katie “Vwhat, vwhat is it?”

Arthur sits quietly at the water unmoved, muttering quietly to himself.

<Storyteller> Arthur, the night is quiet. Too quiet. There’s something a glow over a particularly deep part of the swamp that almost looks like an emenating soft blue form of a woman, and you feel a tinge inside, but then she looks at you and gives you a slight nod and puts her finger to her lips, in a ‘Shhhh’ motion. She then disappears from view. Maybe she was warning you

of something? But…it was then gone.

Katie looks back at the others and shrugs, then looks off toward the water and stops to put on some rubber hip-waders. “Man, I should made more of my equipment waterproof.”

<Storyteller> There is a sense of foreboding about that swamp. Even just the look of the trees, it looks sick. It feels corrupted.

■► Cassian ◄■ nods. He was pretty much wearing some hunting bdus and combat boots because this was all getting burned after he was done. No way this stuff was going into the house. xD

<<Vaclava>> “I really didn’t think ofv…vwaterproofv so…you are more preprared than I!”

<CoraAnn> shudders as she looks off toward the swamp. “Man… I fucking hope that werewolf isn’t out there.”, she double checks herself to make sure she is carrying the gun with the silver in it.

Jacob walks slowly behind Cassian and the others trying to avoid getting too dirty. He almost starts to complain but catches himself. There are more important things than his shoes.

■► Cassian ◄■ hasn’t left home without that gun with silver in it he has. Darn werewolf freaky thing.

<<Vaclava>> caresses her pistol on her belt absent-mindedly.

<<Vaclava>> “You think it’s possible it’s out here? Maybe I should text Ethan.”

<CoraAnn> just looks at Vaclava and shudders. “Uh… maybe not. Wet dog smell and all.”

<<Vaclava>> blinks “Don’t think I could smell it ofver the svwamp…”

<<Vaclava>> shrugs “Your call.”

Katie looks over at Cora, but then out at the sick-lloking trees. “It’s a thought… but maybe… him being at the house protecting there is better.”

<<Vaclava>> “Good point, Katie.”

■► Cassian ◄■ nods and moves on, scanning as they go with heightened senses.

<<Vaclava>> follows cassian, hoping her lace up knee highs don’t get mud in them and weigh her down.

<CoraAnn> whispers in Vaclava’s ear, “We can always share a shower later…”, before grinning and starting to scan the area herself, heightening her senses of sight and hearing.

<Storyteller> As the group starts to actually go in through the trees, they obscure vision quite well by hanging down… looking like above-sea green jellyfish. The swamp smells of animal and plant rot, though not heavily.

<<Vaclava>> grins and giggles “That sounds like a plan.”

Jacob notes the plant life to himself. He pays particular interest to any potential poisons or medicines.

<CoraAnn> walks slowly through the overhanging tree branches, her expression showing her lack of being thrilled with this in the slightest.

Katie lowers her goggles and adjusts the filtering until she is happy with it as she looks around.

Jacob notes this curiously watching her mess with her goggles. “What will those do for you?”

Katie half glances over at Jacob before scanning their surroundings again carefully. “I am filtering certain spectrums so that I can make out life forms, see the umbra, and scan for things like electricity that shouldn’t be out here.”

■► Cassian ◄■ moves onward, trudging as quietly as he can through the muck, while keeping his senses peeled beyond them for critters and Setites.

<<Vaclava>> sticks close to cora as much as possible, trying to ignore the squishy sounds of moving through the muck.

<Storyteller> Well, Vaclava is too busy looking at Cora’s behind in those tight jeans she is wearing. Jacob is staring at a local rare algae bloom. Katie and Cora notice that something is moving through the thigh-deep water. Cassian sees that it is a massive snake, it must be 30 feet long.

*Katarina* would be fashionably late to the shindig.

Jacob crouches down to study the algae,”Interesting bloom indeed. This stuff is bioluminescent… I wonder what effects it could have…” he scoops down to take a sample from the water.

<CoraAnn> frowns and pulls the machete out. “Uuhhh… something moved.”

<<Vaclava>> , eyes on buttocks…”Yes, yes it did…”

■► Cassian ◄■ blinks. “Well, that is one very big snake over there.” He’d gesture.

<<Vaclava>> “Hm? Snake? Vwhat??” looks around.

Jacob blinks,”What snake?” As he finishes scooping up algae into a small jar and packs it awah.

*Katarina* eventually makes her way to where the others are.

■► Cassian ◄■ activates Focused Mind, but keeps his eye on the huge Ka-sized snake. “Oh it’s right over there.”

The giant snake suddenly strikes! It’s massive head nearly splits apart to reveal so many sharp teeth as it clamps down and begins to coil around Katarina.

*Katarina* groans as she’s given a loving hug by the snake, trying to squirm around and make eye contact with it.

<CoraAnn> tries to cut at any part of the snake she can reach with the machete and looks concerned when she does not brake it’s skin. “Why’d it have to be snakes?”

■► Cassian ◄■ “Hah, I get that reference!” He said in response to Cora’s Indiana Jones quote.

<<Vaclava>> ….?

<<Vaclava>> is still looking for the snake.

*Katarina* tries to wriggle free of the snake’s coils, but only entangles herself further.

Someone pops up out from under the algae and just starts swinging a machete in jacob’s face, striking him with it super fast.

Bringing the weapon back he strikes again, leaving deep wounds behind on the young Tremere.

<CoraAnn> turns and sees the poor Tremere getting the crap knocked outta him and moves to engage the speed demon Setite, giving him a taste of his own medicine.

<<Vaclava>> shoots at the snake strangling katarina and misses

Another Setite comes out from under the water with a machete and lays into Cora, but hardly cuts through her fortified skin.

<<Vaclava>> shoots again at the snake

Katie pulls what almost looks like a nicotine patch out from her pocket, licks it, then slaps it hard onto one of Jacob’s cuts. It spreads over his skin and starts mending him up completely, knitting his pattern back to normal.

<<Vaclava>> will wonder what is so special about katie’s saliva later.

Jacob looks in astonishment as his wounds knit back together from the patch applied to his undead flesh. Thoroughly impressed by this, he notes it mentally. He must speak to her about this later.

Jacob aims his shotgun at the snake and fires a shot hoping the large spread will make up for poor aim and little experience.

■► Cassian ◄■ moves forward and his intention was to hit the snake just so in order to get it to release Katarina, but plans didn’t go accordingly. He tripped and the slick mud under foot made him lose his balance and he ended up striking Katarina full force with the katana.

■► Cassian ◄■ “Well… shit…” As Katarina goes into frenzy.

<CoraAnn> takes her machete and swings at the setite attacking jacob again but it fails to do any damage.

<<Vaclava>> switches targets. holsters her gun and punches the setite menacing jacob.

The speedy Setite turns on Jacob’s healer and lays into her with the next blow, cutting deep even through her toughened clothing.

Katie yelps as she gets cut deep and instinctively backs away, bleeding into the water around her.

A final Setite comes up behind Vaclava as she attacks the other one and hits her from behind.

Jacob aims and fires another hopeful shot at the big snake from his shotgun. Hopefully the small pellets are doing some damage to the large monster.

<CoraAnn> lays into the setite, nearly taking his damn head off until he emits this piercing shriek and starts hissing and snarling as he heals nearly completely.

The Setite drops the weapon in favor of lunging for a bite, just taking a chunk out of Cora and spitting it out.

<CoraAnn> screams and tries to hit him again with the machete but to no effect.

The giant snake squeezes against Katarina with all its might, but is still unable to do any actual harm to her.

The Setite goes at Cora again, taking another bite but luckily Cora’s tough skin stops most of the damage.

The one setite behind Vaclava strikes her again, just hacking away.

<<Vaclava>> ignores it and goes after the setite attacking cora again

One of the setites who was being pummeled by vaclava drops into Frenzy and his wounds heals over in a fight for survival.

<CoraAnn> tries to hit him again and the blow glances off, she looks annoyed despite him not being on fire.

<<Vaclava>> tried to keep bashing the setite with mixed results

<<Vaclava>> was not going to just sit by and watch some snake take pieces out of cora

*Katarina* tried to bite the snek, but didn’t do jack.

Katie sees the damage being done to Cora and despite her own worries about getting hit again she puts it aside and licks and sticks another of the patches onto her, letting it do work to repair her pattern.

The Setite with the biting problem is freaking out firmly, on fire, and still nomming away at Cora though she seems a lot stronger now after katie slapped that patch on her.

■► Cassian ◄■ goes to strike the Setite with the bitey problem but misses with the katana.

The giant-snake squeeeeeeezes Katarina, starting to pop things out of place.

<<Vaclava>> loses it and frenzies on the setite attacking cora. she rips his head off and then goes for any other threats, focusing on the setite attacking her.

<CoraAnn> sinks below the surface of the water and disappears after motioning for katie to also avoid the frenzied vampire.

■► Cassian ◄■ blinks, watching Vaclava savagely rip the Setite’s head off and moves to get on her blind side because he didn’t really want to deal with that frenzy too.

¤ ֎ Ethan Talbot ֎ ¤ was moving to the sounds of battle to come help out when suddenly he was attacked by a frenzied Toreador…

<<Vaclava>> has no idea what she is doing but is so intent on any threats due to loss of blood that she could hurt allies.

«~Daedalus~» He was moving with Ethan towards the noise when his friend was suddenly attacked by a frenzied kindred.. Given there still appeared to be a battle going on, Dae wasted no time in shifting into his archid form before springing towards that snake, carving into it with his claws.

¤ ֎ Ethan Talbot ֎ ¤ soaked the attack by Vaclava and just pushed her aside lightly, and then leapt forward, shifting in the air as he soared to the danger noodle of immense proportions, slicing his claws deep into it. Damned though if that thing wasn’t still kicking somehow.

<CoraAnn> moves and picks up katie, trying to put some distance between the wounded fairly squishy person and the combat going on.

Katarina snarls and growls and struggles against the snake, trying to bite it and instead busting off a fang somehow and looking all pissed off and snaggle-toothed.

¤ ֎ Ethan Talbot ֎ ¤ turns from the danger noodle of immense proportions and springs out, speeding toward Vaclava to knock her down in order to help the frenzying vampire to not harm those who are trying to get out of the battle immediate area.

Snek does what it does best and that is try to squeeze the life out of something… it actually looks like it’s wringing the blood out of Katarina’s body.

¤ ֎ Ethan Talbot ֎ ¤ growls and moved back with super speed to the snake and goes to attack it to help free Kat, but the snake just is amazingly resilient as fuck.

Jacob tries to fire at the large snake and misses.

<Storyteller> After taking the shotgun and blowing the snake’s head firmly off it’s body, it stops thrashing and releases Katarina… who gets subdued by one of the Shifters fairly quickly till she calms down and stops trying to bite things with her snaggle-toothy fang. Vaclava calms on her own, and Cora gets katie to shore before putting her down and letting her get to the car before

going back for vaclava.

<<Vaclava>> seems at a loss

<Storyteller> Given the licking they have just taken, the group manages to fall back and head for the Chantries to regroup.

¤ ֎ Ethan Talbot ֎ ¤ exhales and claws the snake some more just because and then tries to see if Katarina is well salvageable. He looks back to see about Vaclava too, who now seems to at least be out of frenzy so that was a plus. He’d go to shift back but he would contain Katarina in the mean time.

Jacob checks on Katie. “How did you do that? It was really impressive with those patches, how do they work?”

■► Cassian ◄■ goes to Katarina and kneels down while she’s being held. He gives her some red stones and they will replace 8 bp.

«~Daedalus~» He takes in a deep breath and breathes it out slowly, calming his nerves before looking to what remained of this small battlefield and those within. After a moment, he’d shift down into his homid form as well.

■► Cassian ◄■ “Thank you for showing up when you did.” He’d give a nod to Daedalus.

«~Daedalus~» He’d give a nod to Cassian in return, “.. I am certain we are both glad to be of assistance in such a light.”

■► Cassian ◄■ “I need to go help with Katie and make sure Kat, Cora and Vaclava are alright. If you two can help with Kat here and Vaclava, I’d be grateful.”

¤ ֎ Ethan Talbot ֎ ¤ nods and would pick up Vaclava and get her to the car to take back to the chantry.

Jacob helps where he can with bringing people back and making sure everyone is alright before heading back himself with Cassian.

«~Daedalus~» He’d of course help with Kat as needed as well.