Session Start: Sat Mar 18 00:00:00 2017
Session Ident: #Aeons_Sabbat

<+MichaelM> “‘Rondabout forty years ago, now.” Anne shrugs. “We got bombed, we shot back. Not really much to tell. Fiona here’s probably got more exciting stories from the roller derby.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Make your choice, Abequa. You play with time and it is not on your side. I will kill you before I will go to sleep because of the sun. You were given the truths honorably. Now we cannot play any longer to your whims. Choose your sire, or choose none and we will end this.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “forty years. Wow that has been a long time. You were already a vampire back then?”

<+MichaelM> “Nah,” Anne shakes her head. “I’d have lost more than an eye to napalm if I’d been one back then. Got turned a few months back. Got kidnapped, ran an obstacle course. Didn’t die, then I got turned.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° holds his hand out and a dagger comes to his hand.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa gives another quick look around the room, eyes going from wild to focused and back to wild again.  She looks between them and then finally settles on Talwar.

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “Wow I guess the process is different for each one of us. Me, I ran away from home cause I wanted to experience what life was like outside. So went to a bar and met some guy. Then next thing I knew I was held here against my will and was forced to dig my own grave. Then my sire bit me then buried me in the grave. Turned, then had to dig my way out.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° activates Celerity.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa makes a low frequency noise, then speaks up, not taking her eyes off him.  “I will go with you.”

<+MichaelM> “Well, I’d say your only mistake was heading to a bar and hooking up with a stranger,” Anne observes. “Good plan aside from that little issue.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “I didn’t even hook up with him. Just talked.” Isabella thinks for awhile sort of looking back at the events that happened then. “I just wanted to get away from my family for a short while and see what life had to offer outside. Then I’d head on back home… I guess, I finally got what I wanted. A life outside with no rules and no bodyguard guarding me all the time.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° stands and holds out his hand to her. “Very well, I accept you. Do not let me down, Abequa. You have promise.” He spoke without moving his eyes from her to Antol. “She has made her choice. I will speak to Echo if she is displeased by this but Abequa should be put through the ceremony. I wish for Zaluut to oversee it.”

<+MichaelM> “Pretty slick,” Anne nods. “Not quite as fun as an active warzone, but it has its moments, I suppose. Not the worst lot in the world, to be sure.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Antol nods his head. “She will throw a tantrum, but not uncommon for her. Zaluut’s across the hall.”, he snaps his fingers and the blackness in the hallway disappears. “I can handle Echo.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “I can’t even imagine what would be fun in an active warzone. Explosions happening all around and gun shots heard from miles away. I just realized this. You were a soldier back then before you were turned right? How did you get kidnapped? Did you manage to fight them off back then or did everything also black out like what happened to me?”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Tell her I will owe her a favor she may all upon at any time. I will hope that will curb some of this rage.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa steps forward and takes his hand, looking from him to the floor.

<+MichaelM> Anne zones out slightly as Isabella talks. Her eye almost glazes over and her smirk turns into a wistful smile as Isabella describes what most would consider the chaos of combat. She returns to the present as she’s asked a question. “Nah. A friend dragged me to the theatre, I blacked out, then I was at a farm surrounded by these arses.” Anne gestures around at the compound. “I was one of the few to survive that, and my prize was getting made Iblis.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° would move to the door and open it, after taking Abequa’s hand. He’d head to Zaluut’s door with her after bidding Antol a good night.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Antol nods and steps out into the hall, giving Zaluut’s door a tap before starting to leave. “I will let her know. I apologize for the rush but I should probably prevent her from crashing your ritae.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° nods. “Yes, that would be a good idea.” * he totally nodded in agreement!

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “That sounds really scary. So you and your friend got kidnapped and then in a fight, only you survived?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut comes out of his study, raising an eyebrow. “Well hello, Talwar. Something amiss?”

<+MichaelM> Anne shrugs. “Yeah, pretty much. Shite sucks, he died. It’s whatever. Least I got something nifty out of the deal.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  raises an eyebrow. “The nifty thing is becoming stronger than normal humans? Fiona mentioned that I was from Clan Lasombra. What Clan are you from?”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa stays close to Talwar, not entirely by choice and it’s fairly evident in her features she is not happy with her situation.  But dying and losing her soul scared her more.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “I would like you to assist me with the ritae, if you could. I had given Abequa the choice of sires who were willing to take her and she has chosen me. We would like to get this done before Echo becomes enraged and something else happens.”

<+MichaelM> “Gangrel. The wild kind.” Anne’s silent for a moment, then her remaining pupil turns crimson. “Claws, invisibility, shape shifting. The works. We’re more like werewolves in a lot of ways.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut nods his head. “Yes, she can be rather taxing to deal with.” He eyes Abequa for a moment before inclining his head toward the main doors. “I shall meet you outside momentarily then.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “Werewolves? aren’t werewolves and vampires supposed to be enemies? I didn’t realize that there were vampires that could have traits similar to werewolves. I guess I have a lot to learn. I’m not even sure what the Clan I am in can do. Michael said something about commanding others to do what I want them to do.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° nods to Zaluut. He’d then turn to Abequa. “Come. You will prove your worth to what you will become. Be strong and honorable, Abequa.” He knew she wanted different, but would she run or stand by her words. This mattered of course…for what was yet to come.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° would lead her outside.

<+MichaelM> “I guess you can, yeah,” Anne shrugs. “Don’t know much about the different clans to be honest. Probably still a good idea to learn how to put a round a lead between the eye sockets, though. Just in case.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  tilts her head. “Do guns kill vampires? I sort of thought one needed like a stake or sunlight would kill one.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa follows, listening but refusing to look up.

<+MichaelM> Anne guffaws. “Oh, oh that’s cute. They haven’t told you yet.” She wipes an imaginary tear from her eye and, in an instant, there’s a pistol levelled at Isabella’s head. “First of all. Shots to the head? Those are going to put you in the dirt.” The gun points to Isabella’s chest. “Anywhere else, it’s gonna sting. You still won’t be able to soak fire forever. You’ll burn through blood trying to absorb damage. Swords and claws’ll do the same.

<+MichaelM> Sunlight? Fire? Magic? Protean claws? That’s bad news in the worst way. That’ll turn you into a pile of ahs before you can say ‘oops.’ A stake through your heart’ll put you in a coma. You burn through too much blood, or take too much damage, and you’ll either frenzy or go comatose too.”

<+MichaelM> Anne twirls the gun, then returns it to a holster inside her jacket. “You got that?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut takes the back way out and goes to stand at the graveyard in his usual robes, glancing at the moon briefly.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° would take her outside and then put his hand under her chin to lift her eyes to meet his. “You are a fighter, Abequa. You made your choice. Sometimes, we are only given one way or the other to decide. This is one of those times. You have chosen and yet you walk through this as a child with nothing going her way. I would not want a Childe who does not

<@Death> seek this Path rightfully and claim it for all it is worth. Show me your desire to exist and fight. Just because you do not entirely get your way, does not mean you do not get anything your way at all.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  was stunned by the gun earlier but still listening nods her head. “Uh huh… I didn’t realize that a lot of things could kill a vampire. Thank you for that lesson. I’ll keep that in mind.” Looks up thinking puts a finger at her chin. “Frenzy means going so hungry because of loss of blood you’ll probably try to eat anything nearby right? What happens if you go comatose?

<+Chezz> Kinda like how normal people do? Sleep forever?”

<+MichaelM> “Nah. Somebody else can give you blood to wake you up. Needs to be stronger than yours though, and every time you drink vampire blood, you get bound to them a little bit more.” Anne points to the gun she gave Isabella. “Oh, and rule number one of firearm etiquette? The second someone starts to draw on you, you draw and waste ’em first.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “I’ve never used a gun before. That reminds me, if I go out and I bring the gun with me. Won’t that attract attention from the normal people? I mean if I use it outside I mean and if someone like the cops come up what do we do? run from them or kill them on the spot?”

<+MichaelM> “Unless you like burning with the morning light in a jail cell, yeah.” Anne shrugs. “Run if you can, but leave no witnesses if you gotta bust out the powers.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa looks at him, eyes stormy as they looks into his and then take in his face.  “Then let me fight.  Give me a weapon and half a chance rather than being led off like some little pig to slaughter.  I got away from a whole city of people who wanted me to be a sacrifice, not just to become one somewhere else.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° nods. “Very well.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° holds out the knife he drew earlier to hand, holding the knife business end. “Take it and fight me. You win, you have half an hour head start. You lose, you stand by your words earlier and you will become my Childe, if I accept you.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Deal?”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  grins “I guess when you put it that way. Its better to kill than to burn in a jail cell. Has anyone ever recognized you guys when guys go out? Or no you slaughtered everyone else so no one even knows you guys exist?”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa doesn’t take her eyes off him as she grabs the knife and nods.  In the back of her mind she knew even if he didn’t move fast he was still more experienced, it would likely be a losing fight but at least it was a fight and she could deal with that.

<+MichaelM> “Well, Fiona decided to jump the gun last time we were in town, and we had to drag her comatose ass home after witnesses got away,” Anne huffs. “Haven’t been back in town since. Plus, it’s been forever since I’ve worn a burqa. Not too sure I could find one on short notice. Plus, America seems less fond of ‘Islamic extremists’ since I was in the Mujahadeen.””

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Very well then. Fight, Abequa. Show me what you have.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  smiles. “Atleast now, if someone does piss you off because of discrimination and such you can kill them on the spot. Maybe that might happen to me too since I look a bit foreign.” looks around for a bit.

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  thought about a bit. “Fiona went comatose? when she woke up did she go berserk or something?”

<+MichaelM> “Nah,” Anne shrugs. “Fighting’s only fun if the other side has a spitting chance. Killing Russians? That was fun. Fighting in the Kongo? Also fun. Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan? All blasts. Random guy on the street of the U.S.? No thrill. As for Fiona, she got cocky and ate a face full of nine millimetre. That pistol you’ve got there is one of the ones that did it. Took me a week to clean her brains out of it. Consider it a lesson.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  looks to the gun in her hands. “Fiona wouldn’t get pissed If I started using this no? she might have some bad memories of the gun or something.”

<+MichaelM> “Probably, but fuck her,” Anne shrugs.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa doesn’t hesitate and brings the blade around even as she steps back trying to put a little space between them.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° gts sliced on the shirt but it just did not penetrate skin really. He moves forward, turns and slices her on her side lightly. It could have been worse. She just knows it could have been, but the cut is not too bad.

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  shrugs. “Ehh. Whatever its not as if I’m gonna use it on her. So… what other facilities do we have here in this place? I’ve seen the library and where we could rest so far. Been wandering around and still trying to memorize the place.”

<+MichaelM> “Well, we’ve got the gym, the guest quarters, the gatehouse, and the main building,” Anne informs Isabella, pointing in turn at each building as she points them out.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut stands out there, tapping his finger against one of the statues wondering what the heck is taking so long.

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  looks to the places around where Anne is pointing to. She then sees something unusual. “Uhh… what is that?” points to Talwar with someone else.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa clenches her jaw and looks at him, she tightens her grip on the handle of the blade a moment and releases another of those low frequency sounds.  She knows if she strikes at him again he’ll do the same, but it hurts her a lot more than it does him.  Finally she turns the knife around and offers it back to him.  “You win.”

<+MichaelM> Anne squints at what Isabella’s pointing at for a moment, then says “oh, that’s Sword with some new-blood. Probably training or some ritual bullshite.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  looks hard at the figures and then looks back to Anne. “You call him sword? thats an unusual nick name. Wow you guys are recruiting a lot of people. Is it cause of the impending war?”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Your fight is done?” He accepted the blade and put both blades back up his sleeves, to some hidden sheathes.

<+MichaelM> “Well, he’s got an actual name,” Anne admits, “but if I spent time remembering everyone’s name before they died horribly, I’d never get anything done.” As Isabella brings up the possibility of war, Anne’s grin widens. “Damn, I hope so,” Anne drawls, “I’ve been blue-balling for almost thirty years now.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa nods, though her fingertips brush her side a bit.  She seems calmer.  “Yes.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  looks nervous. “First time to a fight… right straight into a war…” Isabella then pauses for a moment then thinks back. “Earlier someone said we were going into the woods to scout?”

<+MichaelM> “Yeah, later on.” Anne nods. “There’s a cult with some weird magic whatsit that’s hiding out around her in old bunkers. We’ve cleared a couple, and I left some…” Anne grins, her smile half mischievous, half predatory, “surprises in one, but the boss-lady wants them cleared out for good.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Very well. Come here and let us do this so that Zaluut will not have to stand around waiting on us for much longer. Your next fight comes with your death and your awakening by the blood.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “I see. So our job would be to exterminate all of them. I guess work in exchange for house over your head seems fair.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa nods and moves to follow him much like she had in the bunker that night.  “Okay.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut goes through his head the things he can annoy Talwar with to get back at him for making him wait… about the time they finally get to him. He looks at them and then moves his hand over the earth in a section and it opens up, making a deep hole.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° draws her forward and then he would bite her and drain her of her precious blood, holding her up as he did. When he was done, he would cut his own wrist, to give her his blood. After enough had been granted…he moved and released her to fall into the pit.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Fight for your freedom and new existence”, he’d say and some of his blood from his wrist dripped down upon her lips, up to her to decide..if she could, what she’d do.

<+MichaelM> “Damn straight.”Anne grunts affirmatively. “Could be more satisfying, but anything beats dying.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  looks back to Anne. “I gotta start learning fast then so I can contribute to the pack and to survive when we go out.” Isabella then looks around just to soak in the view of the place.

<+MichaelM> “Fast learning’s good.” Anne pulls her pistol out a gain and presses it into the base of Isabella’s neck when she’s looking away. “How about we call rule number two constant vigilance, yeah?”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa was stunned and while she tensed expecting pain as with the blades that was not the case, guard down, her memories, and the memories all all those before her flooded her mind before she fell into the dark.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° frowned after he had let her go. His mind was racing with memories not his own and his fist clenched as he healed his wrist’s wound after he regained focus. He looked to Zaluut and nodded to him.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut covered the hole back up with earth and then moved slowly away from it a few paces as she was already moving. “She is moving fast, and she is going to be frenzied when she comes up.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  tenses up with the gun pressed onto her neck and looks back. “Ok that was my bad. Just looking around a bit and noticing its quite peaceful out here. I guess I’ll have to remember that danger can come up from anywhere.”

<+MichaelM> “Good girl,” Anne says sweetly, then returns the gun to its holster.

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  looks back to Anne with a straight face and then smiles. “I’ve never had someone teach me before like you have. My mother used to just tell me what to do back then. Teachers and Professors at school are like… I dunno distant. Things seem different here.” Thinks for a moment and then face lights up like she just remembered something. “You mentioned you were Clan Gangrel

<+Chezz> before right? I remember Fiona saying she was too. So does this mean you guys are related if you belong to the same clan?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut points at a random Revenant, motions him over. “Hey, come here a moment.”, he says. The ground before doesn’t appear any different since it wasn’t dug up by hand and the ghoul walks over it as instructed.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa comes up quick, making a cross between a growl and a thrumming noise as she goes for the first target in range.

<+MichaelM> “I never much cared for that authoritarian bullshite. My kid got to do what she wanted, and she dealt with the consequences. If she wanted advice, fine, but her actions were on her.” She chuckles at the question of her and Fiona’s relation. “Pfft, nah.” Anne waves the possibility off. “My relatives all died in Afghanistan. My kid’s in New York, as is the grandkid. Fiona and I met here.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> The ghoul jumps a bit and looks at Zaluut, then the frenzied vampire and despite what might look suicidal, takes his chances against the frenzied one. He excudes an aura around him that both draws attention to him and offers a feeling of general calm. “Whoa there, babe.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  looks to Anne with a raised eyebrow. “A kid? you have a vampire kid? Do you ever visit them?”

<+MichaelM> “No,” Anne frowns. “I told you, I was only turned a few months ago..”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa lunges forward and grabs ahold of the ghoul, really biting wherever she can reach.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> He gets bitten high up on the arm, but still seems pretty cognative as he reaches up and grabs her shoulder but remains fairly relaxed otherwise.

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “Oh Sorry my mistake. I misunderstood that then. I thought you also raised a vampire like what Michael did with me.”

<+MichaelM> “No,” Anne shakes her head. “Raising one kid was hell enough. I don’t need to bring up one with Iblis blood.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa settles down fairly quickly and lets go, kind of getting her bearings as she stands there confused for a moment.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut looks at the ghoul and gives his blood a sniff. “I do not know what that is, but it is not a natural substance in his blood.”, he points back toward the house. “Go on, Andrew.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° looks at the ghoul and then back at Abequa. “Well, whatever it was…he’s as calm as ever and it rubbed off on her. I suppose we will call it a win.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  chuckles. “I guess as a vampire, there is no such thing as raising a family only trying to get stronger and surviving.”

<+MichaelM> Anne smirks. “Maybe for the camarilla. Here in the sabbat, being liking your pack and elders is…mandatory. As for me, I don’t give a toss about power. Give me a decent fight at the end of the night and I’m happy.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa blinks slowly for a moment and looks at Zaluut, then Talwar.  She looks behind her at the hole in the ground and tilts her head as she processes.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “You proved you wished to endure. Well done, Abequa.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° looks at Zaluut. “The cult has a whole large city..underground. Through her I have seen the creature..the priests and we can find the city now.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “Camarilla… are they like us but enemies?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zaluut nods thoughtfully. “I see. That will be very helpful.”, he looks at the stoned Abequa and shakes his head. “You may wish to get her inside before the sun gets her in that state. Hopefully it will not linger in her system.”, he glances toward the building.

<+MichaelM> “Pretty much,” Anne shrugs. “You’d have to ask someone else what they’re all about. I’ll care when I’m asked to fight one.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> “I need to go speak with Athena, but I will talk to you more about this city soon.”, Zaluut says, nodding to Talwar.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° nods. “Thank you, Zaluut.” He’d bow respectfully and then go over to Abequa. “Come, it is time for you to rest. Tomorrow we will begin your training and adjustment..but for now, you will need to sleep and hopefully…get rid of the drugs in your system.”

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  looks to Anne. “Speaking of fights, might as well get started on learning how to fight. So where do we go to train?”

<+MichaelM> “Pick a spot in the courtyard where you don’t mind chewing the scenery if you miss,” Kara advises. “For most other training, you’ll want the gym.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa turns to look at Talwar and nods, extremely placid.  She allows herself to be led inside to where she can sleep the day away.

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  “Sure we can go train over there then maybe tomorrow I’ll head to the gym to train and try to get stronger.” points to one side of the courtyard

<+MichaelM> “Whatever you like, Buttercup,” Anne shrugs. “It’s your life. You want training, I’ll take the distraction.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° takes Abequa inside to let her get some sleep.

<+Chezz>  <Isabella>  starts heading towards the side of the courtyard to begin her training. Thinking to herself this is probably gonna hurt.

<+Nickolas> Christopher walks outside to the workout range. He’s wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and running shoes along with a headband on his forehead. His glasses are absent however. He steps onto the track and starts to take off running.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa gets up, rubbing her face a bit and then goes into the bathroom and cleans up somewhat from the dirt and blood the night before.

<+MichaelM> Anne is out in the courtyard where she’s set up a makeshift firing range. She practices firing from a series of improbable and increasingly-difficult stances and poses.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° opened the door to Abequa’s room and brought in some clean clothing for her, that also seemed rugged. He’d set it down on the bed. “Good evening, Abequa.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher continues to run around the compound. His breathing appears to be far more steady and relaxed than before and he seems to not be straining nearly as much. He now has a more solid running form with a more consistent pace. After running several laps around the compound he stops near the gun range where Anne is practicing.”You are a really good shot.” He says to here taking off

<+Nickolas> his sweatband and sitting down. He grabs a set of earmuffs to protect his hearing while she shoots.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa nods her head to Talwar, the fuzziness from the night before lifting a bit.  She takes the clothes and starts getting dressed.  “Good evening.”

<+MichaelM> “Yeah, and you’re still a lousy runner,” Anne quips back. “The sun rises, birds still sing, and the universal constants remain universally constant.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “When you are done here, come outside and we will do some training and I can answer questions you may have and inform you of what you need to know for your new journey.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher smiles,”I’m still a work in progress. My form has improved I ran with an eleven percent increase in efficiency. I can feel my lungs expanding and holding more air than before. The additional oxygen to my brain is helping me develop my telekinetic powers as well.” Christopher picks up one of the guns,”So how do I use one of these?” He asks as he holds the gun awkwardly in his

<+Nickolas> hands and points the barrel at the target.”I mean besides the obvious, barrel towards target and pull the trigger… is it really so difficult?”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa nods and starts to follow him.  “I’ve been up for a while already.  I am ready to go now.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° nods and then turns, heading out of the room and then outside to the east courtyard.

<+MichaelM> “Yeah, and there’s more to it than just pointing and shooting,” Anne grunts. “For one, the gun needs to be loaded, and for two it needs to be loaded.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa follows along, watching everything that moves with sharp turns of her head but keeps up with him.

<+Nickolas> Christopher pulls on the trigger on the gun as Anne speaks to him and it simply “clicks” as it’s empty.”What do you mean ‘Loaded?”

<+Nickolas> Christopher looks around and finds a piece of ammo and proceeds to try to jam it into the gun… backwards.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° would stop walking after they were in a clearing away from others. “How do you feel this evening? What do you feel and notice that is different?”

<+MichaelM> “It’s not blackpowder, Wimp. It’s clip-fed.” Anne takes the bullet from him and puts it back in the clip it spilled from. “Like this.” She triggers release on her own pistol, catches the clip, and slides it back in before chambering a new round. “That’s how you load.”

<+FreakLegion> “It’s too quiet.  When I woke up I felt sick for a while.  Everything that moves reminds me of food.”, says Abequa as she stands, almost too still.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “You will get used to the thirst. We will ensure you are strong and disciplined and able to fight the threats that are out there.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher attempts to release his clip and catch it, but instead falls to the ground. He then fumbles around before sliding in a new clip and the weapon immediately fires, the round bouncing off the side of the target.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa nods her head, the only motion she makes as she watches him.  She does breathe naturally, though she stops now and then as if on purpose, testing it before going back to the rhythm of it again.

<+MichaelM> “Now, see, you failed at the next few steps,” Anne observes. “Those’d be stance, breathing, and shooting.” Anne kicks Christopher insistently in the back of the knees, spacing his legs out and forcing him to lower his centre of gravity. “Shoot from a stable stance. Calm your breathing, and shoot after an exhale, but before you inhale again. And when you shoot, gently squeeze the trigger. Don’t pull or jerk back. That’ll throw off your aim.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “That is one of the things you can learn straight off. You do not need to breathe, or even blink your eyes. Such things we do to blend in with humanity but they are not required. Functions of dealing with bodily waste are no longer a thing. If you eat, you will throw up what you have consumed. Most do so immediately. Some others can hold food for an

<@Death> hour or so, depending. If you cry, you will cry blood tears. If you get cut, you will not bleed as you did as a mortal. You can use your blood to heal wounds even, as long as they are not aggravated by fire, the sun, magical abilities. You are my Childe, so your blood eventually will even be a weapon against other Kindred and magical foes.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  comes out of the main building, looking over at Anne and Christopher.

<+Nickolas> Christopher makes an “oomph” sound as she kicks him and he drops down into the stance. He then grabs his glasses from out of his pocket and puts them on. He narrows his eyes down the barrel. He calms his breathing and the gun drops slightly as his muscles relax. He then pulls the trigger, and winces as the recoil from the gun hurts his hand,”Ow…”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa nods, listening, her fingertips tracing her side momentarily as she remembers the night before.  “The sun is why I felt sick when I woke up?”

<+MichaelM> “Toughen it out, cupcake,” Anne grunts unsympathetically. “It doesn’t get easier to handle than that.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “It is possible. It is also your first waking as a vampire.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa nods her head.  “I see.”  She looks around a bit slowly before resettling on Talwar.

<+Nickolas> Christopher nods, braces himself and adjusts his hearing protection. He then aims at the target again and pulls the trigger. A slight wince from the recoil this time but he otherwise appears to be coping better.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “We need to get you to know how to use your blood, so the first thing you are going to do”, he takes out one of his knives and passes it to her. “Is cut yourself so you can heal it.”

<+MichaelM> “Better, but far from ideal,” Anne observes. “With practice, you might even be passable with a gun.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa takes the knife and looks at it, then looks at him.  She frowns slightly but does as she is told, cutting into her forearm.  It actually bleeds a bit on its own rather than not and she stares at it a moment, watching the blood move down her skin.

<+MichaelM> Anne watches Fiona as the woman emerges into the courtyard, and gives her a nod of greeting.

<+Nickolas> Christopher takes a deep breath and prepares to fire again. He fixes his glasses and concentrates, then he readjusts his position and analyzes the gun for a moment. Next he starts counting the distance from himself to the target judging it with his eyes. He then seems to start calculating out the wind velocity and the drop from previous shots. After a few moments he lines up, takes a deep

<+Nickolas> breathe exhales, and fires three shots. They are all somewhat high above the bullseye but they are closely clustered. He seems to pause for a moment unclips the ammunition from the gun and pulls out another small notebook. He starts writing down in the notebook various details and flips through several pages. Afterwards he walks off back to the compound grabs a few books whose titles are

<+Nickolas> obviously about shooting and marksmanship and begins reading. Every few pages or so he starts taking notes while he sits down across from Anne,”Please carry on, I’ll make some more notes before I resume practice.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Focus on the wound. Try to force the blood within you to heal, to close the wound. When you can do this, we can move forward with teaching you disciplines.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa tilts her head and focuses and it seals up once more.  She runs her thumb over where it was, looking at the mended skin with an approving nod.

<+MichaelM> “Whatever. Scribble your notes if that’s your thing.” Anne turns to Fiona, but her arm points a pistol downrange. As she takes shots out of the corner of her eye, she calls out; “something awry, Fiona?”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Good. You are a quick learner.” He nods with approval. “That feeling, the power of the blood within you can accomplish things around you and to you. It can make you stronger, faster, resist damage better, silence the area around you, allow you to become less visible and noticeable and perhaps more. We will have to explore each facet, but the ones I

<@Death> am sure you would inherit we will work at tonight.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa smiles just a little and listens.  “Okay.  I can do that.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “No, Grandma. Just came to see what…” She walks over to Chris and takes the notebook away. “You have a brain and memory, right, Lab Boy? Use it and stop doing this useless crap.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “As an Assamite, our strongest Discipline is Quietus. That same power you used to heal yourself…You will bring silence from you to around you. You may have felt the Discipline already as you did say you felt things were too quiet around you at points. Now, you are going to focus on that silence. Command the blood to make that about you quiet. Like

<@Death> so…” Around Abequa, the sound was eliminated utterly. He’d leave it active for a minute and then shut it off.

<+Nickolas> Christopher sighs,”Why do you insist on taking my notebooks? It’s only impeding my progress. I use them to analyze my thoughts and actions so that I can be more efficient in my efforts rather than repeat the same mistakes over and over.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “Uh-huh, right. If you make mistakes, who gives a shit? Work through them rather than avoid them, because you aren’t gonna learn jack by bypassing them.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher blinks,”Many intelligent scholars have noted that it is not simply practice that makes perfect, but perfect practice that makes perfect. It is not enough simply to repeat an action, but to improve its methods. That’s why I note it down, to write down my mistakes and then try again.” He then stands up, picks up a gun and slides a clip inside. He then looks down the barrel,

<+Nickolas> drops into a stance, steadies his breathing and fires again a few times.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa does as instructed, she waits and concentrates, quickly making the area around them utterly silent.  She looks around and tilts her head, listening and watching before is disperses.

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  just shakes her head, before tapping his head. “Again. You have a brain. Fucking actually use it instead of trying to spit out random words to impress me.”

<+MichaelM> “Nah, keep it up,” Anne encourages Christopher. “I want to see how many pieces she leaves you in if you keep this up.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° smirks. “Good. You are learning well. We’ll do one more thing tonight and then we will feed, since I am making you use all this blood. The next thing for you to learn is obfuscate. This ability at first doesn’t seem so useful, but it gets much more so as you learn more. You are going to find a spot to mesh with, and stand absolutely still. Do not

<@Death> breathe. You don’t have to. Do not blink.. just stand or kneel in the shadow.. and focus on not being seen by others…and use that blood.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa looks around, hiding was something she was becoming accustomed to over the last few weeks.  She looks for a place out of the way and crouches down, concentraing on not breathing and sitting still.  She does note that her muscles don’t get tired, so that was an advantage she didn’t have before while doing this.

<+Nickolas> Christopher shakes his head,”I suppose until I can hold my own in combat I don’t have any right to debate.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Excellent. Now come here and sit as I do.” He sat down bending his knees and then crossing his feet behind him as he settled in a meditative stance. “You need to learn the Path of Honorable Accord and swear to it. This will be your guide when your own conscience is absent from you.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa moves to him and follows his example, nodding slightly as she listens though not yet fully understanding.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “You will be tested on this. I expect it memorized. I will ask you each night for the line we work on and the ones prior said. Tonight you will think on this rule: The Path of Honorable Cord: 1. Serve your leader faithfully as long as she acts in the best interest of Honor.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher takes a solid stance and fires three more shots at the target. All of them hit and the last is only a few inches away from the bulls-eye. He then puts the weapon back away and goes inside. A few minutes later he comes back out.”I suppose it is time I moved on to other exercises then.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “Yeah? And what exercises are you gonna do, Lab Boy?”

<+Nickolas> Arthur smiles,”I believe I saw some boxing bags somewhere. If not, I’ll make one.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa nods and takes a single deep breath before closing her eyes and sitting in quiet contemplation.

<+MichaelM> “Try the gym,” Anne jerks her thumb toward the building in question. “Watch the recoil on those things. They’re probably able to knock you flat.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher nods,”I will.” He then runs off to the building in question in order to do more exercises.

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  yells after him. “Start with doing pushups, situps and crunches, Lab Boy!”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Think on what this means. I want you to give me an explanation that means something to you.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa makes a low frequency noise and then growls a bit in frustration.

<+MichaelM> “Wow,” Anne chortles as Christopher runs off. “You’re all heart, Fiona.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “It’s my best quality.”

<+MichaelM> “Oh, I’m sure I could pick one, maybe two others,” Anne thinks for a moment. “At least, I *think* you have one or two other qualities.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Repeat it in your mind. “Serve your leader faithfully as long as she acts in the best interest of Honor.’ Think on it. Make it mean something. You must have structure, Abequa or all you will be is a killing monster with no control.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “‘course I do. I’m not just a thug.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “….Mostly.”

<+MichaelM> “I know some doors who’d disagree,” Anne chortles.

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  just grumbles.

<+MichaelM> “That’s not a no,” Anne says brightly

<+FreakLegion> Abequa growls again, and tries taking a deep breath, tries sitting still.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Keep working at it. You can do this. The Beast is yours to control, not the other way around.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  eyes her. “I hate you.”

<+FreakLegion> Abequa turns the growl into a low hum and starts to bring it up, singing softly.  The sound seems to eminate from all around her, but as she sings, she relaxes completely and starts to focus on her thoughts.

<+MichaelM> “Oh, I know,” Anne says sweetly, “but that’s part of my charm, i’n’it?”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° watches her quietly, letting her do her thing.

<+FreakLegion> Abequa stops only after an hour has gone by, non stop.  When she does stop she opens her eyes and looks to him.  She studies him thoughtfully for a moment.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° still was quietly watching her and waiting for what he asked for. He tilts his head to the side.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Meanwhile… in Baton Rouge… Sascha approaches Abequa and Talwar curiously, pausing just to one side and not wanting to interupt, she keeps her distance and waits.

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° glances over at Sascha and nods to her politely. He’d look back at Abequa. “Keep focusing. We have some more time before you can escape to sleep.” He stood up and walked over to Sascha. “Hello.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Sascha smiles faintly and reaches out, brushing his arm with the backs of her fingertips. “Hey. I may have a lead on that thing we talked about before… but it means a trip down south. Do you want to go with me? I don’t know what kind of lead yet.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “Maybe.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° affirms with a nod and a slight smile as a reaction to her fingertips softly on his arm. “Yes, I will go with you. When do you wish to depart?”

<+MichaelM> The corner of Anne’s lip quirks. “Was that an admission that I have positive qualities? I didn’t know you were terminally ill. How long do you have left? Or is it just brain damage making you talk such craziness?”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  just eyes Anne. “I’m perfectly fucking sane and healthy. You’re hallucinating, Grandma.”

<+MichaelM> Anne shrugs. “Wouldn’t be the first time. Well, it would be the first time my brain decided you were worth putting in to my hallucinations, but there’s a first for everything.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher walks back out of the gym seemingly exhausted, he wanders back across the compound and back to where Anne and Fiona are.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Sascha nods back, maintaining the gentle contact while she speaks to him. “Tomorrow or the next night. We will likely have to sleep there but I have a few safe places for that.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher grabs the notebook from earlier off the ground and shuffles away to go write more notes.

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “Glad to see that your brain…” She goes over and grabs the notebook away from Christopher, coming back and continuing as if she hadn’t done anything. “That your brain has such a high opinion of me.”

<+MichaelM> “Don’t let it bruise your delicate feelings, snowflake,” Anne grins, “my head’s only got room for number one.”

<+MichaelM> “Hells,” she adds, “That’s why I don’t remember anyone’s names.”

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  “Please. I’m not Lab Boy.”

<@Death> °¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° nods. “Very well. I will be prepared then.”

<+MichaelM> “You’re certainly not a boy,” Anne allows.

<+Nickolas> Christopher walks back over to the door and the notebook instead flies across the compound over to him. He then closes the door and goes inside.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Sascha nods and bows her head to him before pulling her hand away and giving Abequa an inquisitive look before turning to head back to her little Chapel.

<+Blackfyre> <Fiona>  grabs the notebook in midair, or would keep a tight grip on it. “No shit, Grandma.”

<+Nickolas> Christopher gives up and instead goes inside where he can write in a new notebook in peace.

Session Close: Sun Mar 19 00:00:00 2017