Session Start: Sat Mar 18 00:00:00 2017
Session Ident: #Dark_Aeons

<+MichaelM> Kara sits in one of the back booths of the Devil’s trill, looking slightly anxious. She rolls a small metal cross around in one hand, the necklace it normally
hangs from lies on the table. She has a thermos of coffee on the table as well, which she sips from occasionally.

<+Nickolas> Arthur walks into the Devil’s thrill wearing a dark trenchcoat and hood and sits down across the table from Kara. He smells strongly of twigs and dirt and she can see his face is filthy underneath the trenchcoat. He lets go a long sigh,”So what happened to the theater?”

<+MichaelM> “Hello to you too, Arthur,” Kara mutters under her breath. Then, to answer him, she says “it was compromised. Angela…” Kara’s gaze drops to the cross in her left hand. “Angela’s dead.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur’s eyes seem to twitch for a moment,”I… see. How?” He looks at her with a more solemn serious expression on his face than anyone has yet seen.

<+MichaelM> “Cornel hit her with a poisoned dart,” Kara elaborates. “The toxin had some pretty complex magic on it. It wasn’t designed to kill quickly or painlessly.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  saunters into the bar, stretching and looking around the place.

<+Nickolas> Arthur’s face takes on a grim turn and his left ear twitches for a moment,”How did it kill her and where did it happen?”

<+MichaelM> “It was just outside the theatre. The poison promoted a hastened cancerous growth,” Kara says, quietly. “She was dead within minutes.

<+MichaelM> Kara cranes her neck to the side, examining the new arrival. She makes a mental note, then turns her attention back to Arthur.

<+Nickolas> Arthur nods I see,”So you all fled to a new sanctuary of some kind?” He pauses for a moment,”Please tell me it isn’t a church.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  looks to Kara, giving her a jaunty wave as she settles in at a table a good distance away, listening.

<+MichaelM> Kara raises an eyebrow. “Would that be a problem?” She asks coolly.

<+Nickolas> Arthur pauses,”Apart from personal reservations and the fact that it is peculiarly cliche. No. I suppose not. I suppose I should be grateful for anywhere that has

a working shower and isn’t going to be targeted for my immediate death.”He sighs,”Besides my own past is up in question so who am I to make such judgements? Maybe the same

creeps who are hunting us invented the inquisition in the first place? It’s irrelevant. Just make sure that the priest properly invites me inside and I should be fine I

suppose.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  raises an eyebrow as she listens.

<+MichaelM> “What do you mean by ‘properly invited you inside?'” Kara asks, puzzled. “And for that matter, Arthur, where have you been?”

<+Nickolas> Arthur blinks,”You know, that the owner says,’You may enter’ like in the stories. It’s like you’ve never read any fairy tales… And the answer to the other

question is ‘hiding’ obviously. I don’t have anywhere to sleep so I’ve had to be resourceful… This is not good for my complexion mind you.”

<+MichaelM> “You do realize there are shelters in the city, right?” Kara asks. “You look like you’ve been sleeping in the swamp or something.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur’s eyes narrow,”What does it matter? Is there not a shower at Notre Dame? I really need to wash up and the sooner the better. Also if they’re trying to use

our typical haunts to hunt us, then perhaps we should use that to our advantage… It’s not like we are limited to only one. I will say that at least they aren’t likely to

look for me inside a church.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  raises the other eyebrow, listening from her table. “And why exactly are they looking for you, chico?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane is sitting at the bar with half a beer between his hands. He doesn’t seem to be watching anything in particular, but does wink at Katarina.

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  watches the duo’s table, but returns the wink with a two-fingered salute.

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks at Katarina,”Because when I’m washed and clean I’m so highly valuable as a male figure that both men and women desire me. I therefore have covered

myself in soil and dirt as a means to protect myself lest I face a death by being over-sexed. I can only take so much.”

<+MichaelM> Kara gives Arthur a critical look for a few, long moment, then sighs softly. She’s about to say something, when he turns to Katarina and boasts to her. She closes

her mouth and shakes her head softly.

<+Nickolas> Arthur turns back to Kara,”So are you going to sign me up for your Harem or am I going to have to look elsewhere?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “Are you actually serious? Men and women both desire you? Wow, that’s so damn egotistical I can’t believe it.”

<+MichaelM> “First of all,” Kara mutters, I don’t have a harem. I don’t have intercourse, because that’s repulsive. Secondly, I didn’t call you here so you could flirt with,”

Kara glances at Katarina and gives her a slightly-knowing look, “the night life.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “I mean, I’m looking at you and I don’t even feel the slightest bit of desire.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur flashes a look at Kara,”I was deflecting. I have no interest in flirting with the local nightlife I just want a change of clothes and a shower.”

<+MichaelM> “You can find those at any homeless or emergency shelter, Arthur,” Kara deadpans.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane grins and gets up, walking over to the booth and sitting beside Arthur. “Ahhh, but I do. Kiss me you handsome creature you!”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “Funny, because it seems….” She stifles a laugh as Zane walks over and takes a seat next to Arthur.

<+Nickolas> Arthur gives a strange look to the guy who sat next to him,”Haven’t I seen you before?

<+Nickolas> You may have to jog my memory a bit.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  watches, looking amused.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane chuckles and pulls a twig from Arthur’s hair. “Awww, flattered you remember at least my face, if not my name.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  breaks down and laughs, unable to control it any longer.

<+Nickolas> Arthur calls over the waitress,”please give me the special and a glass of ‘sprite’.” Arthur looks at Zane and chuckles.”I can’t believe this is in the script…”

he says quietly and chuckles then brings himself back into composure.”What brings you here then?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  is still grinning a bit. “I can hear you, you know.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur nods,”Yes, I know. That’s the way that sound usually works…”

<+MichaelM> “Hello, Zane,” Kara offers him a faint smile. “It seems like it’s been forever. It’s nice to see you again.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane smiles back at Kara, nodding his head. “Hey. So what exactly seems to be the trouble? Other than you smell like swamp-ass.”, he looks Arthur up

and down a minute.

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks to Zane,”just being followed by a bunch of creeps who want to bring about the end of the world.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ heads to the Trill with those who decided to come along with him.

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “Oh no, Swamp Ass is being followed by creepy cultists. Whatever shall we do.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur continues to look at Zane,”Have you ever heard of the Order of Hermes?”

<+FreakLegion> Katie drives the group over that way, seeing as she has a car.  She also gives Ramirez and Amy both hoodies and is wearing one herself.  “These are specially

treated to be resistant to punctures of all kinds.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> takes one and looks at it, then slides it on. “Pretty cool.”, she rides in the back and and keeps quiet mostly, staring out the window.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ will wear his cool hoodie. “Thanks, chica. You rock.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane shrugs a bit at Arthur. “Don’t usually keep track of most of you, though that name rings a bell. Why?”

<+Nickolas> Arthur,”Because one of the creeps, is my father and he said that part of the order became vampires. He was a pontifex. Now that I think about it, my father might

have even been alive at that time. Apparently he’s been living off vampire blood and souls or something. He wants to capture my soul to make some kind of stone with his men in

black style cronies.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  raises both her eyebrows as she listens to Arthur speak. “You’re joking, right?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ walks into the Trill and looks around for Kara and notes Arthur and Zane..Katarina.

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks at Katarina,”Yeah, only somebody totally crazy would believe that story.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie follows Ramirez in, totally rocking her hoodie and nodding to the biker guys hanging outside.

<+MichaelM> Kara spots Ramirez, Katie, and Amy, and gives them a slight wave as they enter.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ nods to Kara and heads over to her. “Hey”.

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  just eyes him in response.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> follows Ramirez and looks about the place curiously, sinking into her hoodie a bit. Her perpetually sad gaze moves around the room, taking in faces.

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  is a dark-haired, blue eyed and a bit shorter than normal woman sitting at a table by herself, one foot propped against the table’s edge. She’s also

wearing http://www.polyvore.com/katarina_sf/set?id=194123122

<+MichaelM> “Hi, guys.” Kara looks at them all, then mouths at Ramirez “what are you doing here?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ holds out his phone like you didn’t message me.

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks over at Ramirez and waves.”I didn’t ‘Dream’ I’d see you here. Tell me how have you been? Any new High-lites?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “You actually going to listen this time instead of imagining shit and dodging the truth?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  gives Kara a jaunty two-fingered wave before focusing on Ramirez and Arthur.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> kind of meanders around a little and looks fairly uncomfortable as she looks at all the people. Taking a seat nearby, she sits by Katarina, keeping her

hoodie up.

<+Nickolas> Arthur smiles at Ramirez,”I am ready to do what must be done Ramirez. Even if that means I have to kill my own father.” Arthur then turns to Zane again,”What’s

your interest in our affairs?”

<+MichaelM> Kara returns Katarina’s wave with a slightly-puzzled look, then turns back to Arthur, shocked at his statement.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane looks at all these damn mages in his bar, then at Arthur. “See, they are our affairs too. Stuff that draws to much attention draws it to all of

us.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “You don’t have to kill your father, Arthur. We need to figure out things about your father. You are confusing him and Cornel too much.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  raises an eyebrow.

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks straight back at Zane,”Well then perhaps we should work together to get rid of them… if not at least hide from them and regroup. Now isn’t the time

to be turning down any help we can find. If my father was telling the truth and some of the locals used to be Hermetics then they may know enough to actually help face a rogue

pontifex and the crazy technosorcerers he’s working with.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie makes the circling the ear motion with her hand as she plops into a chair by the booth.

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  watches Arthur, looking amused.

<+MichaelM> Kara looks at Arthur, somewhat concernedly as he speaks. She bites her lip, pulls out her phone, and sends a brief text.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ takes his phone and looks at it and frowns. He nods at nothing in particular and looks at Arthur. “Arthur, please focus. You need to listen to me now. We

are trying to help you.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur turns back to Ramirez,”Honestly I’m not sure I know my father at all anymore and I’m not sure I care. I am more worried about my mother who is probably

already dead. Sure maybe it’s Cornel behind everything, or it could be my father, or they could all be mind-controlled. It doesn’t honestly matter. We will find out, and we

will END them. As far as I’m concerned let the vampires help us and I would gladly watch them tear out their throats. They deserve it… Honestly I’m starting to think I trust

them as much as anybody else here.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “Bro, relax. You ever heard of weed?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane nods his head. “I got a friend or two that can get some good shit, seriously. One of them is at the table.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur begins to laugh,”Alright fine. Let’s light one up and have some drinks then.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  is also wearing a pair of leather gloves, because the player forgets about that.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Your father isn’t behind much of jack shit, Arthur. I’ve been trying to tell you now for a while but you get mad. Do you want to have friends or not?”

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks at Ramirez,”So then what is his relationship to Cornel?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> listens but seems to have some trouble focusing, every time there’s a sound she twitches in that direction.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Maybe he was a prisoner of Cornel. We’re still checking into things and you’re jumpin’ to conclusions. He doesn’t seem to have been working with him.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur nods,”Ok.” He then turns his attention back to Zane,”Is it true that some of the vampires used to be hermetics though?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “What are hermetics?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Order of Hermes…a mage tradition..kind of like Zane is a Brujah. We have our connections.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “Well, gotcha. And which vampires is he talking about?”

<+Nickolas> Arthur’s eyes almost seem to roll for a second and stop,”Exactly as Ramirez said Anyway, my father said there were some in the city, he wanted me to find them

once… I think I would like to do that.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “You’re not answering the question, mang. Which vampires?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> sighs. “Tremere. But you don’t want to mess with them.”, she goes over and whispers in Ramirez’s ear, resting her head on his shoulder briefly.

<+Nickolas> Arthur,”Tremere huh? Well I’d like to meet one. Can it be arranged?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> whispers: “I need to get out of here. Place is giving me a headache, to many poeple, to many minds. I’ll be in the car or something.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ listens to Amy and nods. “Okay, see you soon.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “Oh, them? And that’s up to them, man. We don’t speak for them or arrange meetings with them, you know.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> wanders back out of the bar and climbs into the back of Katie’s station wagon to lay down a while.

<+Nickolas> Arthur nods,”Sorry, do you speak to them though? Can you pass along a message for me?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  starts laughing. “They’re too damn stuck up for me to bother.”

<+MichaelM> “Arthur, that doesn’t sound like a good idea,” Kara cautions, “at all.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks to Katarina,”Alright, are there other vampires who have studied magic then?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane nods his head in agreement. “That is in general, not a good idea.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  stares at him. “How the hell should I know?”

<+Nickolas> Arthur,”That’s what people say about consorting with vampires… or even fae. Maybe doing what seems like a ‘bad idea’ is the best idea? I don’t think Cornel would

have gotten the Tremere.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Arthur, do you actually have a direction here? We’re trying to work on stopping Cornel and you seem to be just doing your own thing. I don’t even get

this anymore. We’re doing all this stuff and you…what are you doing?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ sighs. “Zane, Kara..others, because you actually might care… I found out some news too.. There are some vampires apparently working with Cornel now

..and the wraiths, the one that killed me and others, they are also under his control now.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane frowns a bit at that. “Wait, what?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  just continues to stare at Arthur. “Do you suffer from ADD? Because you’re just jumping back and forth between topics.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks back to Zane,”Then is there any way that we can find out which vampires could be working with Cornel?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  takes a breath. “Bro, focus. What the hell are you trying to do here? And don’t fucking ignore me this time.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie goes and orders herself a beer and a shot of tequila, extra lime.

<+MichaelM> Kara slides out of the booth and takes a seat next to Katarina at the table, using the free room to stretch “Don’t bother,” Kara mutters at Katarina sidelong,

“you’d have more luck trying to get the sun to stay down in the morning.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur looks at Katarina,”I’m trying to stop this mess. For that we need power, we need magic. My ‘Order’ is all dead, my father’s ‘possibly’ joined forces with

the enemy, my mother is MIA as well, I supposedly have a sister I never knew about, and everyone’s trying to tell me my whole life is a lie. Honestly I don’t care anymore.

Bring in the wrecking ball, let’s lay em all to waste. If the Tremere know hermetic magic then maybe they could stop them. Bind my father or even Cornel or even just know what

they’re trying to do. Everyone says they’re trying to ‘stop Cornel’ yet I’m starting to feel like they’re just more of their spies. How am I supposed to trust anyone when

supposedly I was part of some experiment as a child that I can’t even remember? Is any of this even real? Does it matter?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane looks at Ramirez, then at Arthur. “I don’t know of any around here that would do so. Somehow, from what I know of the local Sabbat Chapter… I

feel like they wouldn’t be inclined to either.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  looks at Kara when the other woman slides into an empty seat, then back at Arthur, listening to him speak and whistling. “Damn, man. You’ve really

gone off the deep end.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur seems to calm down for a moment,”What is ‘Sabbat’? Like a witches sabbath type thing?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane shakes his head. “I do know one…”, he looks around and then glances to Kara. “She might talk to Kara. If asked here, she won’t cause any

trouble but they can be kinda… predatory so if you don’t want to talk to her I’ll understand. But she’s super religious, and she could maybe tell you more about what you are

looking for, if anyone can.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur shrugs,”I don’t know, I won’t be the one talking to her so that makes the decision entirely Kara’s.” Arthur sighs,”Well then thank you for your time.” He

stands up and heads over to the door.

<+MichaelM> “I’d be willing to talk,” Kara says, “but what makes you think she’d talk to me?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  looks back to Kara. “You have my sympathies, dealing with psycho ADD over there.”

<+Nickolas> Arthur shakes his head and walks out putting his cloak back on and running into the night.

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “Also, get back here and sit down. Don’t be an….idiot.”

<+MichaelM> “I like to think of it as an opportunity to exercise the virtue of patience,” Kara mutters back to Katarina.

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “How’s it working out?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I don’t think it’s vampires you guys associate with and I don’t know the Sabbat at all but apparently there are some somewhere around here that are

working with him.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane shakes his head and leaves that be but nods to Kara. “Well… it can’t hurt to ask. She comes around town sometimes… a few of us know she

hangs around the old churches. You cna tell when she’s there cause all the flowers bloom back, it’s weird.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I don’t want you to think I’m calling anyone out, so you know. I just was given the warning and thought you should know so you can keep an eye open. We

did learn some other stuff too.” He’d hold a hand up for the ‘wait for it’.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> “I think she’d talk to you, being of similar faith. And … being a Mage you aren’t strictly human so hopefully she won’t get all bitey but I can’t

promise anything.”, Zane says before looking back to Ramirez.

<+MichaelM> “Call it a work in progress,” Kara whispers back to Katarina. Her brow furrows slightly at Zane’s description of the Sabbat kindred he thought of contacting. “It’s

worth a shot, I suppose. I’ll take the risk.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  nods in response, leaning back in her chair. “If you do go ahead with it, good luck, chica.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie has a couple more beers and a few more shots of tequila.

<+FreakLegion> Katie does listen though, every so often shaking her head of laughing to herself.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane nods a little bit. “I’ll make some calls and give you an address, like I said… check for blooming flowers. I wouldn’t take an army, but if

you want company it’s not a bad idea.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Seems interesting.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane frowns slightly. “If she gets predatory with you, treat her like a dangerous animal. Stand your ground and don’t run and don’t attack her. If

you run, you’re food. If you actually harm her, you’re a threat… and neither will end pretty. If you stand she’ll respect you a little more and talk.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Zane eyes Katarina specifically. “And i never had this fucking converstaion, understand, chica?”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  “Loud and clear, boss.”

<+MichaelM> “I understand,” Kara nods. “I’ll be careful.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie nods and salutes, pays her tab and then stumbles toward outside.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I’ll see you guys later. I have stuff to think about and someone to go find.”

<+Blackfyre> *Katarina*  looks at Zane and goes over to him for a moment, whispering.

Session Close: Sun Mar 19 00:00:00 2017