Session Start: Fri Mar 17 00:00:00 2017
Session Ident: #Aeons_Chantry

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  gives Dan a slight smile, then heads upstairs.

<+MichaelM> Kara sighs, stretches back, then closes her eyes. “I believe,” she says quietly after a moment, “I owe you an apology, Daniel.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: You do? *he looks surprised to hear this*

<+MichaelM> “Several months ago,” Kara explains, “you told me you’d accessed the computers where I worked, and that’s how you knew my name.” She bites the corner of her lip, opening a recent scab there and causing a faint line of blood to trickle down towards her chin. “You asked me not to tell anyone, but I reported it. I thought I was doing the right thing, and I was wrong. I did you an injustice, and inadvertently sold you out to the most despicable man I can conceive of.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Ah.. *he rubs his chin a bit as he thinks* Well, how much did you tell them? It’s probably why they encrypted this so hard, and why their tracking keeps almost getting me. It’s made my life more difficult and in the end I don’t THINK it’s caused any harm. You did what you thought was right at the time so I can’t be too upset but I really need to know what they know about me now

<+MichaelM> “Just your name and what you told me about what information you’d gotten access to,” Kara says quietly.

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Well, my name. Shit. At least it’s only my first name and a common one but.. shit.

<+MichaelM> “I know,” Kara whispers. Her jaw clenches slightly, and the trickle of blood from her lip widens. “I’d take it back in an instant if I could. I’d take a lot of things back. I’m sorry.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: We all learn and make mistakes I suppose. I’ll have to see how I can use this knowledge. Hmmm. So they know there’s a hacker named Dan. I suppose I can set up a persona online that looks like one. Do they know I have… powers? Or just a normal hacker?

<+MichaelM> “I have no reason to believe I wasn’t under constant surveillance,” Kara informs Dan. “It would be prudent to assume they know. Cornel took interest in everyone who entered the theatre.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Gotcha. Well. Hmmm. I suppose I can look over their data at some point but I’m in it, I wonder how much monitoring there is going on. I’ll have to beef up the house systems, and everything right around it.

<+MichaelM> “You shouldn’t be forgiving me this easily,” Kara whispers. “You ought to take me to task for this.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Oh, I’ll remember it later. When I really need something from you. For now, I need to figure out how this affects me and what I can do to minimize that and use it to my advantage.

<+MichaelM> Kara’s eyes open halfway as she fixes Dan with a tired stare. “You don’t have to strong-arm me for help, you know. If I can help, I will. It’s as simple as that.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: I didn’t mean it like that… I meant.. more, at some point.. nevermind, hopefully it won’t even come to that. But I’ll need to know everything you know about them. Who they are, how they work, what their goals are, things like that.

<+MichaelM> “I understand,” Kara mutters. “I don’t know much, and I doubt what I thought I knew, but I’ll give you what I can. If you need to, you may even read my thoughts to ascertain that I’m telling the truth.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: I trust you to tell me the truth here. But I need to know all you know. Maybe together we can figure things out from scraps hiding in the back of your head.

<+MichaelM> “Very well,” Kara nods solemnly. “If you do read my thoughts, my memories, I can’t promise you’ll like what you see.” She’s quiet for a moment, shrugs, then adds; “I certainly don’t.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Not my style. But start from the beginning, and tell me what you know. Or think you know.

<+MichaelM> “Very well,” Kara sighs. “It started in the middle of last November. I showed up to work only to find that I’d been transferred. Cornel presented himself as an agent of the FBI who was offering my a position in a local office. He explained that he’d been watching me for some time, and that my most recent case qualified me for employment. He impressed me with some cheap flattery and a puzzle that he already knew the answer to, one that was designed to entice me, and I practically jumped at the chance to sign me soul away.”

<+Tachy> Dan smiles. I remember being young, and proving myself to people above me on the org chart.

<+MichaelM> “Did your naiveté end up assisting a psychopathic monster attempt to achieve immortality and a component suite of dark powers through the foulest of blasphemy?” Kara asks in a dead even voice, raising an eyebrow almost imperceptibly.

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Well, no. It made a bunch of venture capitalists very rich and left me without that much the first go around. I suppose really not quite on the same level, but I meant more that I understood the motivations.

<+MichaelM> “Yes, well, the path to perdition is paved with good intentions,” Kara mutters bitterly, more to herself than to Dan. “When I think of my complicity in all the lives he’s ended or ruined, I shall console myself because I only *meant* to pursue my own self-indulgence.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: The path to hell is paved with melting snowballs, I think. But also as I recall from those books, ‘Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.’  I’m just not in a position to throw stones, though the magnitude of our sins may differ, I believe there’s also a fair bit in there about intent mattering. The whole choices thing, free will is a bitch

<+MichaelM> “I know. I chose wrong, and I should be held accountable.” Kara shakes herself. “But enough of that. We don’t have time for my self-pity. You still need to know about Cornel.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Yes, who he is, what he does, how he does it, who he surrounds himself with…”

<+MichaelM> Kara takes a deep, calming breath, then continues to exposit. “I worked a few cases for him, and primarily did forensic work. My clearance was low, so I never visited the lower labs. Mostly I handled chemical testing on paranormal or anomalous specimens. Cornel himself is very good at deceiving people. I never suspected he was anything more than a your standard federal agent, albeit one working for the equivalent of the X-files. From Hollow’s account, though, he is absolutely ruthless, and his ambition is equally terrifying. As I understand it, he killed Hollow when she began to doubt him, just to lute a vampire so he might use its blood to sustain him. He also created a bioweapon from the blood of an angel designed to kill vampires by infecting their blood supply. The long-term effects on humans is…it’s best left unsaid. At the moment, he is searching for another half-angelic child to kill to attain his own immortality and power.”

<+MichaelM> “As for who he surrounds himself with,” Kara shrugs, “I would postulate it’s people he can deceive easily and who won’t question him, and people as ruthless and unscrupulous as he.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: So, standard comic book villain, smart and deceptive, wants to live forever and harness eldrich powers to his will. I can work with that. Show him what he wants to see where he expects to see it, this is a trap that can be baited. But we’ll need to know a lot more. Like how strong he really is.

<+MichaelM> “By the…” Kara chokes for a moment, but quickly recovers. “By the poison he used on Angela, he has access to considerable ability in the domains of life, entropy, matter, and prime at the very least. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had access to at least equal powers in the other spheres as well.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Great… well, good to know. I guess we’ll have to level up a bit before we can take him on. I’m certainly not ready. Though one thing.. anyone caught off guard can lose. I think it’s more about setting and baiting the right trap than a head to head confrontation. We do have a numbers advantage. And hopefully know more about him than he does about us, though I’m not terribly confident about that

<+MichaelM> “Neither am I,” Kara admits. “I simply pray for guidance, and offer whatever help I can. My own abilities aren’t substantial, but I will do whatever is in my power to assist.””

<+Tachy> <Dan>: We all do what we can. I’ll start looking into this. Who does he rely on? Who does his dirty work? He must have… minions.

<+MichaelM> “Katie might know more about those closer to him,” Kara advises. “She worked in the lower labs.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: I’ll talk to her as well and see what I can learn. But think about anything that may help us. What he wants, any weaknesses, things that drive him. So he wants to live forever, we can use that

<+MichaelM> “Maybe…” Kara mutters, looking less than convinced. “The trouble is he already knows how he wants to achieve that. If you want more info on Cornel, then you should also talk to Ramirez as well. He has a…” Kara pauses, searching for the right word, “companion. She’s more familiar with Cornel than any of us.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: OK, I’ll talk to people. A companion you say. Interesting. And interesting choice of words. Hmm. So how is he going to achieve it?

<+MichaelM> “As I said,” Kara reiterates, “from his notes, it seems he plans on sacrificing two half-angelic children. He already has one, but we believe he’s looking for the other.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: So.. we have to lead him to “the other”. That will be the trap. I suppose. Now to figure out how. I suppose prime will be a big part of this.

<+MichaelM> “Perhaps.” Kara concedes, “but it doesn’t seem like we’ll be able to match Cornels. Nor will he be able to match Zo’s, for that matter.”

<+MichaelM> “Zo is the father of the kidnapped girl,” Kara clarifies. “And he is not pleased with Cornel.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: So the enemy of my enemy, if nothing else. And you say he has powers too?

<+MichaelM> “I don’t imagine any of his kind don’t,” Kara says, pointing meaningfully towards the ceiling, “considering where they come from.”

<+Tachy> Ah, kids are half angel on their father’s side.

<+MichaelM> Kara nods.

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Do you have any way of, uh, contacting him?

<+MichaelM> “I do,” Kara answers plainly.

<+Tachy> <Dan>: We should schedule a meeting then. Maybe after I’ve learned a bit more about this mess.

<+MichaelM> “Don’t worry. I keep him up-to-date on all occurrences or new information we uncover,” Kara mutters blearily. “However, should you like to meet him, I will ask.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Thank you. Maybe I should read a book on the proper etiquette first too… I’ve never met someone like that before

<+MichaelM> “While it might give me some piece of mind, I doubt he’ll mind either way,” Kara advises, smiling genuinely for the first time today. “Don’t worry too much about it.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: I try as a rule not to accidentally offend anyone more powerful than I am. It’s a rule that’s served me surprisingly well over the years.

<+MichaelM> “A fair enough rule,” Kara concedes.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Well, you’ve certainly given me a lot to think about. And people to talk to and subjects to read up on. Hmm. *he rubs his chin again, seemingly lost in thought*

<+MichaelM> “I am sorry to have burdened you with this,” Kara sighs, “I know it’s not your fight. But I’m glad to have you with us, for however much that matters.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: Well, you know. It gives me something to do. A reason to focus and study and work. Honestly I’d been.. not doing much before. Not enough focus, just doing this or that. I don’t do well without a goal or purpose I think.

<+MichaelM> “Well, I will pray for your safety regardless,” Kara states. “It is neither a safe, or a sure thing you are undertaking.”

<+Tachy> <Dan>: I’ll take all the help I can get, from any corner I can get it. Just let me know. But really it’s time to be heading out now.

<+MichaelM> “Of course,” Kara apologizes. “I’m sorry to have kept you up. Grüß Gott, Dan.”

<+Tachy> Dan’s eyes go blank for just a second. “Hoffentlich nicht so bald”

<+MichaelM> Kara chuckles. “Hold on to that hope, if you’d like.”

—–

<+FreakLegion> Katie comes running into the Chantry, towing a big cart and spilling it’s contents on the main floor as she grabs tolls and starts working on something inside the cart.  “Don’t you fucking die on me!”

<+MichaelM> Kara lies back on the same couch she fell asleep on last night, her eyes closed. She opens one eye to look at Katie as she bursts in. “Something wrong?” she asks, half-yawning.

<+FreakLegion> Katie is visibly upset until a beeping can be heard coming from the cart and then she hugs what amounts to a life-sized R2-D2 replica.  “Oh my God I thought I lost you.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ comes up to the main area of the house and looks around…then heads to the fridge to see if there’s actually any food in this joint. He’d check out cupboards too. Hell Spaghettios was good enough at this point.

<+gruegirl> Ruth wakes up groggily on one of the couches in the chantry. She’s been out for a while on a drug-fueled bender and somehow ended up here. She grumbles at the noise and makes her way to the coffee machine

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Ooh, Ramen!” He would nukrowave some Ramen noodles because that looked like the best option. “I need to remember to bring back more food here or else we will die of starvation and that’s not very heroic.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> slowly creaks open her door and peeks out and down the hall before making her way slowly downstairs. She sniffs and then starts to follow the smell of coffee to it’s location.

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  would make her way downstairs shortly after Amy, raising an eyebrow at the scent.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow laughs, causing her wound to sputter. “Well, that’s one way to lure all the mages out. Brew some coffee.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie wipes her eyes and gets the little robot siting up and moving about on it’s own before standing and wiping gease off on her coveralls.  “Cornel hit my apartment.  Almost killed R2, wrote Traitor across my walls.”

<+gruegirl> “Understood that reference…” A very groggy Ruth grumbles before downing an entire cup of coffee and pouring a second.

<+MichaelM> “Then you’re lucky you didn’t lay a trap,” Kara mumbles. “It sounds like he’s either lashing out, or trying to psych you out.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Seems like a perfect trap. Coffee lures them in, and I guess they can all have some Ramen as well.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> glances over her shoulder toward those in the livingroom and then moves in there a moment, looking the little robot over. “Oh, that’s neat.”, she says quietly.

<+Morose> <Aaron> pulls into the driveway and gets out of the car, heading inside.  He flops down in a nearby chair with a sigh, covered in scratches and with twigs and grass all over his clothes.

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  reaches the bottom and looks around, before going into the kitchen for tea.

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  goes for the lesser of two evils and selects the mint tea, beginning to steep it.

<+gruegirl> Ruth sits down at the kitchen table sipping her second cup of coffee, as she looks around the room, trying to pick out the faces she knows and doesn’t know. “Okay… So I’m in the chantry. Neat.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie nods to Kara.  “I know, but I couldn’t leave him.  And my samples were in there.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> stands behind Ramirez as he makes his food, tilting her head as she studies him for a few seconds but she remains quiet.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks over at Amy Noir. He had never seen her before so he took in her features and shrugged. “I take it you are hungry? I’m Ramirez. Who are you?”

<+MichaelM> “Are they worth your life?” Kara asks Katie quietly. “How about all of ours? Did you check to see if he might have taken anything, or left something there to track you with?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ puts down a few bowls. “If you people want some Ramen, come and get it. If you want more, you’ll have to make your own.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth sips her coffee and observes the room for a bit, slowly processing what’s been said.

<+FreakLegion> Katie puts her hands on her hips and R2 beeps angrily.  “Yes.  And there was less than a 5% chance he was still present at the scene, and only a 10% chance he left traps.  And I am probably the only one capable of creating anti-tracking shielding right now.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> smiles gently, but her eyes still seem sad. “I’m Amelia, but people call me Amy.”, she glances to Hollow. “You’re Hollow. I’ve seen you at the hospital before.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks over at Hollow and then back at Amy. “Hello Amelia. You okay? You seem kinda sad.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth looks over at Amy, someone she’s sure she hasn’t met before “I’m Ruth. Hi.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow snickers and nods. “You… you’re different. You can see me now.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  finishes her tea and goes to join the others after putting in a cube of sugar and some cream, stirring it as she walks.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> looks over to Ruth and nods softly, speaking quietly. “Nice to meet you. Uhm, yeah.”, she glances back to Ramirez and kinda shrugs one shoulder before looking to Hollow. “I’ve been seeing a lot of things lately.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Why were you at the hospital, Amy? I guess now you are a Mage?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> blinks and then looks to Ramirez. “Oh, I uhm… I stay there sometimes. When i don’t have other places to sleep.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie sighs and starts picking up her tools, handing them off to R2.  “Damn.  Hadn’t considered you aren’t equpiied for stairs, buddy.  Guess you’ll have to sleep down here.”  It makes a sad little series of beeps and whistles.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow nods and looks to Ramirez, then to Amy. “Not the safest of sleeping locals… but you know that already.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Ah okay. Well, if you need something or help, just ask.” He’d give Amy a bowl of ramen and then take his own with a cup of coffee. “Welcome here.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} arrives at the scene “Hey, I forgot to say this. If you guys need any help with the funeral, I’ll help in any way I can. I didnt know her well, but she is one of the few -mages- I know exist, thats good enough reason for me”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> looks down and wrings her hands a bit. “Yeah… uhm… anyway. Thanks.”, she accepts the food with a soft nod. “Kinda new I guess. But I can help. I talked to some of these guys here uhm last night. Katie is getting me a sample to work with. If I can’t trace it… then I know someone who can.”

<+MichaelM> Kara’s eyes look over Katie, then close. “If you’re certain, then I’ll trust your judgement.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth finishes her second coffee and gets to work pouring a third “Somebody mind catching me up to speed?” She asks of the room in particular

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow narrows her eyes at Katie, then looks to Ramirez. “She means the vampires on the ninth floor. But she is right. They are crazy as fuck but psychic too.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> just closes his eyes and listens to people talking while he rests in a chair after a long run in the woods.

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  goes to sit in an empty chair, sipping tea.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Okay..well can we talk to them and they won’t eat us? If so, I’m down to giving them a chance. I like a little challenge anyway.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> shrugs a bit, following Ramirez and Hollow. “Well, they do sometimes, but just a little. Simon is pretty nice and he lets me stay there. David can get… rough though. But Simon makes him leave me alone.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Alright, it’s worth the try then if you can’t do it. We have something else to trace them with too.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  “A man after my own heart, then.” She gives Ramirez a light smile.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> takes a few bites of noodles. “Yeah. He said I could stay even after I well, woke up. I don’t know if that’s weird or not… but I will give it a look first.”

<+gruegirl> “Always nice to have a roof over your head… and to have a head under that roof…” Ruth says trying to add something to the conversation, still hopelessly lost

<+FreakLegion> Katie goes to R2 and pulls something out of a small compartment.  “I do have a sample for you to check out.”  SHe looks at Ruth.  “Sorry, hun.  So Cornel from the Lab has fucked us all over pretty hard.  We’re looking for him.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Looking would be an understatement”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ smirks to Cecillia and then looks over at Katie. “Yeah, we are going to need to find this fucker. We’ve got other stuff to deal with too.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Speaking of which. Where is that guy that was looking for him too? Is he dead too?”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “By god, when I find this bastard. He’ll die so bad”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “No..you mean the other person who we brought here? That’s Alestaire… Arthur’s ‘dad’. Been waiting for him to get up.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> glances back at Maverick, “Dying’s not so bad.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ slurps some ramen noodles and drinks some coffee. This was the life.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Are you a Euthanatos or something else, Amy?”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  sips her tea, looking at Maverick. “Relax.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “No not Arthur’s dad. The weird looking tall dude that said something about his kid being stolen by Cornel”

<+MichaelM> “Zo,” Kara tells Maverick. “His name is Zo, and Cornel kidnapped his child, and is planning on using her to commit further blasphemy.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “So he’s still around? Good, we need him to bring some righteous wrath on Cornel’s head”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> looks at Ramirez and nods slowly before sipping her soup. “Yeah. Euthanatos.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, that’s Zo, yeah.. What Kara said. He’s kind of on call since he has other things he is doing too.” He then looks at Amy. “Ah, awesome. A partner in crime.” * offers knux.

<+FreakLegion> Katie goes and plops down next to Aaron, giving him a look.  “Hey, you want some soup or something?  You look beat.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Aaron, get some Ramen!”

<+gruegirl> Since people feel content to ignore her, Ruth grabs a bowl full of Raman herself and just listens.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Enjoy.. I added random spices too”, He’d say to Ruth.

<+Morose> <Aaron> gets up and starts to walk past Ruth, looking at her a moment.  “Sorry.  He just killed one of our friends in front of us.  She did some sort of time displacement and took the place of my pregnant lover so she died instead of Jesse.  We’re a little shaken up.”

<+gruegirl> “Thanks.” Ruth says nodding. She thinks a bit “If I can work with someone who can see over a distance… maybe I can help find your friend…”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “What friend? Cornel isn’t a friend. He’s a fucking coward that’s going to have his end laid out before him. He won’t escape death for long.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> reaches out and bumps knuckles with Ramirez, then nods in agreement softly. She glances back toward Katie after getting up and putting her bowl away, rinsing it out in the sink. “Wow, this place has a dishwasher… fancy.”

<+MichaelM> “Our prior progress would suggest otherwise,” Kara quietly retorts Ramirez’s declaration.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I never lived somewhere with a dishwasher.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Kara, we got separated and he attacked when we weren’t ready.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “We should try to question that Alestair guy if he’s awake yet.”

<+MichaelM> “I had a vision,” Kara mutters, more to herself than to Ramirez. “I should’ve pieced it together. I might have saved her.”

<+gruegirl> “Was a euphamism.” Ruth says shrugging and finishes her third cuppa coffee “But yeah… I can probably latch onto Cornel’s mind if I can work with someone who can bend space.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “How are you going to latch onto his mind without him knowing it? He’s been a mage a fuckload longer than any of us have. He’s lived lifetimes potentially taking vampire blood to keep himself from dying. That’s likely not the right answer here.” He just wasn’t seeing that happening without repercussions. He looks over at Kara then. “You didn’t piece it together and it’s still not your fault any more than it is any of ours. You are not alone in this. We all chose to stand against Cornel. We could have said no and fuck this bullshit. She didn’t and you didn’t… we all didn’t.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  finishes her cup of tea and sets it down, looking to Ruth.

<+FreakLegion> Katie nods.  “Angie had to have known but she didn’t remember till the last minute either.  Time magic can be weird… hence the deja-vu we all got from her skips and paradox.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth shrugs a bit “Hey, just trying to help…” She says frowning “And yeah, time’s crazy weird.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Angela was going through various results to try to see if she could save everyone and came up with she couldn’t. That’s why she’s dead now.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> purses her lips slightly, nodding. “At least she died for a reason.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  closes her eyes for a moment.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “She died because she had to choose who would die and chose herself. That is admirable and we should be seeing to her funeral when we can here and get onto business. Blaming ourselves gets us nowhere. We have to kill Cornel.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> sighs and nods.  “One could say it was the easy way out.  Since she doesn’t have to choose if she is the one that goes.  But you’re right.  The rest of us here upset…  might be what Cornel is count on to ruin our judgement, break our morale.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “She did choose. Ultimately she made the choice we all have to deal with.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie starts to head to the kitchen and hands Amy the bag.  “There.  If you can’t attune to it, take it to your friend.”

<+MichaelM> Kara stays silent, not visibly responding to Ramirez.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ sighs and looks apologetic to Kara but he just wasn’t going to see this need. It was just not what he could do.

<+Morose> <Aaron> sighs and nods.  “We do know she might have a sister.  And she was hanging around the Euthanatos, she has pictures of the curio shop down on the waterfront.  I am sure she’d have agreed with you.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I respect her and what she did. It was noble.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> just listens, looking back and forth. “I know where the shop is. Yeah there are others there. I could go ask them if they knew anything else about her if you want.”, she then nods to katie and looks at the baggie for a moment. “Okay.”, she glances over at Ruth. “We might need you to help shield our minds, you can do that, right?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Amelia has a point. You shouldn’t go looking for Cornel mentally but that doesn’t mean you are useless. You could help us and shield our minds so we can do things and try to keep him from knowing our plans.”

<+gruegirl> “Yeah I can do that.” Ruth says checking her little cigarette case “Assuming you don’t mind if I smoke.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I don’t mind. I smoke.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth lights up a joint and tries to infuse her thoughts into the smoke.

<+gruegirl> And to anyone who inhales the smoke will find their minds protected somewhat from intrusion

<+MichaelM> Kara wrinkles her nose and starts to get up. “Excuse me,” she mutter, making for the stairs.

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  eyes the smoke, getting up and moving away from it

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> actually smiles a little, shaking her head. “It’s not that bad…”

<+gruegirl> “I did mention that I needed to smoke to do that.” she says chuckling

<+gruegirl> Ruth takes another drag and puts the joint out.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “People are kind of still dealing with stuff.” He didn’t mind the free hit.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “as long as you dont puff that smoke my way, I’m cool”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  comes back when the smoke’s gone.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> looks at the bag and tilts her head, studying it for a few moments. She frowns after a minute and shakes her head, setting it down and scooting away. “Oh God. Oh God.”, she shakes her head, putting her hands up on the sides of her head.

<+gruegirl> Ruth looks at Amy “What’s wrong?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks over at Amy with some concern. “What’s going on? You okay?”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  blinks as she watches Amy, moving over a bit quickly.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> curls up into a little ball on the floor, looking pale. After a few moments she comes out of it, but is still shaking a little. “There as so much at once… he’s beyond the need for outside vitae now. He can steal his own.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> “But I… there is a place for just a second. I can see what it looks like but… I don’t recognize it.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Interesting. How does one steal his own vitae? Can you describe this place?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> sits up after a moment, letting those who came close help her back up again. “I am not sure, by stealing life directly from people I think. It is on the water, like… a small island maybe. I saw some old buildings, there used to be sick people there. I don’t know. That’s all i have.”

<+gruegirl> “Like an old Asylum maybe?” Ruth frowns a bit “Creepy old building on a small island in the middle of the bayou…” She shrugs “Welcome to New Orleans.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  “Now why would he show interest in those buildings?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow practically growls. “He’s gonna need an asylum when I am done turning his brain to fusking jello. Might not even kill him just leave him a fucking broken sack of flesh.”

<+gruegirl> “Bad people always like secluded spooky buildings.” Ruth says shrugging “It’s like, a law or somethin… I prefer old warehouses myself. I got lots of things that need storing.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Is it an asylum or is there some prison thing out there? I suppose we can check on some maps.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> nods her head a bit, softly and gives a glance toward Hollow. “Yeah…”, she says quietly, obviously still a little disturbed by things she must have seen.

<+Morose> <Aaron> looks to Amy, then at the others a moment and takes a few breaths.  “I am gonna take a nap before going to pick up Jesse from work.  I’ll see you guys later.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth frowns a bit “Anything you want to calm your nerves?” She asks Amy, “We’ve got tea, I’ve got magic… pot… Magic pot… if I can find my truck, I’ve got chocolate both with and without pot in it…”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> tilts her head a bit. “Magic… pot? Do I even wanna know? But yeah, I am cool with that. I could stand to chill.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth smiles at Amy and starts rolling a joint slowly and carefully “Hey, why settle for magic *OR* pot am I right?” She methodically performs the rolling and infuses a calming effect into the weed (or attempts to, rolling)

<+gruegirl> Satisfied, Ruth passes the joint and a lighter.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} waves to everyone and leaves

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ chuckles. “Alright..magic pot wins just because it sounds fun.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  “You all can have fun with it.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie plops down beside the others.  “I am so in.”  The robot beeps.  “You don’t even have lungs, you can’t smoke.”, she says to it.

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  heads away from the smoke, moving upstairs.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “So now to figure out what’s the difference between regular pot and magic pot.”

<+gruegirl> “Pretty simple. Infused regular pot with magic.” Ruth says shrugging “So you still get high while you get mentally calmed.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  will go to keep Kara company. Yay misfits.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> nods her head a bit as she watches. “Hmmm. That’s pretty cool.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> All the clocks in the house start running backwards.

<+MichaelM> Kara is in one of the first-floor rooms upstairs, kneeling in front of the attic window, clutching a small cross in her hands, and praying in German.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ laughs. “Hey, that’s cool. Wouldn’t it be interesting if we were going back in time like with the clocks doing it?”

<+gruegirl> Ruth takes a hit “Huh… That is weird…” She tokes a bit harder and tries to see if they actually are going back in time.

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  stops in the doorway, leaning to the side and silently watching Kara pray.

<+FreakLegion> Katie laughs and gets up, walking over to one of the clocks to have a closer look.  “Quantum shift maybe, I mean they’re all keeping the same time still.”

<+MichaelM> “What can I do for you?” Kara asks quietly, not moving from her position by the window.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ shrugs. “This place is awesome.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth frowns “Hey guys… is time supposed to be going slower in here than out there?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “It’s a chantry. It can do what it wants. I ..guess anyway.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  “I just came up here to escape the smoke downstairs and to talk.”

<+MichaelM> “Understandable.” Kara makes a quick sign of the cross, then stands and turns to face Cecilia. She tries to smile for a moment, but can’t maintain the effort. “Is there something in particular you’d like to discuss?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> smokes a bit and rests her eyes, not looking so anxious anymore. “So it’s a magic house?”

<+gruegirl> “That much I knew, but I didn’t know it was outta sync with time.” Ruth says chuckling.

<+FreakLegion> Katie taps the clock a bit and then takes it off the wall, studying it.  “Makes sense.  Gives those inside an advantage in planning or in casting.  Means the ones that owned the place before us were probably some badasses.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ smokes some more as well and leans back in a comfy chair. “Yeah, the chantry is owned by a person that Kara knows. We were at his church yesterday and went through the door to here to escape what’s-his-face Cornel.”

<+gruegirl> “Alright as long as it’s *cough* normal…” Ruth frowns “This is some dank stuff, but it’s pretty harsh. Should talk to my weed guy about that.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I can get some too. I am curious how to make it magic.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  “Consider me a bit curious as to your response yesterday. Are you with the police or a similar organization?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> chuckles faintly. “I suspect that would be a trade secret.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> starts humming Mary Had a Little Lamb.

<+MichaelM> “I have friends on the police, and I used to work with their crime labs,” Kara nods. “I suppose I’m technically an employee of the FBI at the moment, but my supervising agent would be the man we’re currently hunting.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  hms in response, nodding.

<+gruegirl> “I’m always willing to help The Man hunt The Man.” Ruth says chuckling

<+MichaelM> “If you’re wondering whether I’m liable to turn you in for illicit activities,” Kara continues, “you don’t have to worry. As long as you don’t cause direct harm to anyone, I’m willing to look the other way. I’m here to stop Cornel, not to press misdemeanours.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie drops the clock and runs over to R2.  “Typhoid Mary!”, she pushes some buttons on the little robot.  Then gives it a smack on the top.  It projects a set of photos onto the wall.  ( http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/06/north-brother-island-photos-typhoid-mary )

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> blinks and then points. “That’s the place I saw.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  “Fair enough.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks at the wall with some curiosity. “Oh, wow, that place. That does look like the perfect place for that asshole to hang out.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie, proud of herself, plops back down between Ruth and Ramirez.  “It’s a ways away, but at least we have a location.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> stretches out on the couch, hanging her feet off the arm and laying her head by Ramirez’s legs, looking up at the ceiling. “Yeah.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ nods affirming. “Yeah, now we just need to study those grounds some and get what we can about them. Those pictures do help give the ambiance of that place.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth frowns slightly “Well another creepy place. I’ll send some feelers out and figure if any of my people have tried to hide out there…”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> closes her eyes but nods. “Not creepy, just decayed.”

<+MichaelM> “Well,” Kara gestures vaguely, “if there’s nothing else you’d like to discuss, I will return to my prayers.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I don’t think it is creepy. Probably there could be some spirits there but I don’t worry about that really. Hollow is awesome and could kick any of their bad butts any day, and maybe some would be our friends too.”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  nods. “Very well. I’m sorry for interrupting them.” She gives Kara a smile and turns to head downstairs.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow nods as she studies the place. “Yeah. Oooooohhhhh, wait. Mary Mallon? She’s still there and she could kick my ass, potentially.”

<+MichaelM> “It is no trouble,” Kara waves off the concern. “I’m here to help however I can.” As Cecilia heads back downstairs, Kara turns back to the window, kneels down, and returns to her prayers.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Really? I wonder if she’d like some company at all.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Amy Noir> listens and nods. “She died all alone out there. I imagine she’d be either lonely or upset or both.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie looks over at the others and blinks.  “You guys talking to voices is kinda weird.  Not saying it’s bad, but takes some getting used to.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah..maybe we could bring her something she would like. She must be bound out there so the least we could do is try to help her after all this time.”

<+gruegirl> “Oh come now. We’re all crazy magic users around here. Talking to voices is par for the course.”

<+gruegirl> Ruth says grinning

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow nods. “Yeah… I don’t think she can leave the island. But she might not be willing to let visitors leave either. I mean, maybe i watch too many horror movies but that seems like our luck.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie looks back over to Ruth and laughs.  “True that.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “you have a point, Hollow. We might want to make sure we have a way to leave. I’m curious…can you teach me how to do that teleport thing you can do in the astral?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow looks thoughtful. “Not sure. I might be able to teach you how to get into the storm to take shortcuts… I feel like you could pick the pathways out of the chaos with your powers.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “That would be cool to practice on and might help us out later too. It would help me also find you if something happened”

<+Blackfyre> <Cecilia>  heads back upstairs to plot stuff out.

Session Close: Sat Mar 18 00:00:00 2017