Session Start: Sun Mar 12 00:00:00 2017
Session Ident: #Aeons_Daylight

<+Morose> <Aaron> checks his phone and quirks his lips a abit as he scans the messages.  Half his stuff was already loaded in the car, but this was good news at least.

<+Terra> Jesse is helping get all her books back into the car, sighing.  “It really feels like we just got these all organized up there.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ would come by the theater after getting out from ‘work’. Noting Aaron’s car out there, he became curious and then would head over to Aaron. “Hey..what’s going on?”

<+MichaelM> “Hey, Jesse, Aaron, Ramirez” Kara chirps as she approaches the Theatre. “I didn’t expect to see you all here today.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ waves to Kara. “Hey, Kara! How’s it going?” He’d wave to Jesse as well. “Hello”.

<+Terra> Jesse waves to Ramirez and then gives Kara a hug as she comes over.  “Oh, we’re moving stuff out of here.  Going to take a few trips probably…  we seemed to have gathered a bit extra while we were here.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, well where are we going to…and by ‘we’, I mean are we all going or just some of us?”

<+FreakLegion> Katie bounces on down the sidewalk, headphones going strong.  She tilts her head, confused as she sees Ramirez, Aaron, and Kara standing by a car, along with someone she doesn’t know.  She pulls the headphones down around her neck and then waves a bit.

<+MichaelM> Kara eagerly returns Jesse’s hug, then gives Aaron and Ramirez a half-wave. “Well,” she answers Ramirez, “there’s no reason we all can’t head there. It’s a gift, on the condition that we take care of the place.” She notices Katie and waves back, beckoning the woman over.

<+Morose> <Aaron> stuffs another box into the back and then strethces, looking to the others.  “Well, us maybe…  not so sure about a certain one or two of us at the moment.  But I was already moving some stuff, after that night at the Lab.”, he nods to katie as she comes over.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh..did something happen? Who gave it to us and this is cool.”

<+MichaelM> “It’s from Father Thomas,” Kara replies. “You might not know him, but he’s a good man. He runs a mission here in the city. And he’s, well…” Kara gestures vaguely, “one of us.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Ah, alright. That’s pretty generous of him. I’ll go get my stuff I left here then. Where’s the place?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “And ..Hollow can still go there too, right?”

<+MichaelM> “I’ll text you all the address. It’s a ways out of town. As for your friend, it should be alright,” Kara says cautiously, “just…tell her no messing with my hallways, okay?”

<+Terra> Jesse chuckles faintly at that.  “Maybe she could make sure it doesn’t come pre-haunted.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie walks over, glancing about at the different members of the group.  “What’s up?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Alright, will do.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “We’re moving from the theater to somewhere else.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie leans back a bit but shrugs.  “Uhm, cool.  It is kinda in not the best location to not get some MIBs at our front door.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Maybe. If they have those little flasher lights though, I am totally stealing one.”

<+Terra> Jesse blinks, then makes a face at that.  “I am not sure that is a good idea.  Nobody should be running around with a flashy thingie.”

<+MichaelM> “Erasing peoples’ memories would be immoral,” Kara sighs exasperatedly, “not to mention attention-grabbing.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Why not? It makes people forget what they saw.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “And..it was a joke, guys.” He looks off.

<+FreakLegion> Katie grins a bit and chuckles to herself.  “Well, it does have a high potential for abuse.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie “Can think of some dates I’d like to forget though…”

<+MichaelM> “That’s why I don’t go on any,” Kara responds with only a slight blush.

<+Morose> <Aaron> takes a look at the address and nods a bit to himself.  “Well, this will make certain things far easier than holding up here in the city.”

<+Terra> Jesse glances at his phone and then nods in agreement.  “Ooooohhh.  I am going to need gardening tools.  Can’t wait to see this place.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I’ll go see it. I may have to have a place here though too in the end because my work and stuff is in the city. The transit is too. I don’t really have a vehicle, so I might be there sometimes and other times, find someone to crash with here.”

<+MichaelM> “I heard the view’s magical,” Kara says just plainly enough for the joke to sound unintentional.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ snickers at Kara’s joke. “Well, let’s go see this place…when I get back so someone can give me a ride there. I am going to learn how to teleport someday.” * he goes in the theater and gets his meager belongings that he had. It is mostly just clothes in a garbage bag.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (shadowlands) Hollow moves in behind Ramirez, and coughs a bit, causing her throat wound to sputter. “I can take you from place to place fast, when you are on this side.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie looks like she is considering something, then shrugs it off.  “Well, I have a car.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh? Well that’s cool. That would make things easier.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie does a brief headcount.  “So anybody that needs a ride I can help out today.  My place isnt far.”

<+Terra> Jesse gets into Aaron’s car on the passenger side, buckling up.  “Cool.  Then lets go see this place.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I could use one. Let’s go see what this place looks like!”

<+Morose> <Aaron> gets into his car and starts it up.  “Awesome, we’ll meet you there then.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Alright, see you two soon.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> walks up about the time Aaron is pulling out. “Uhhhh… so what’s up?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Hey Angela.. We’re going to the new place to check it out and put our stuff at. Kara said some guy named Father Thomas gave it to us to use.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> nods a bit. “Oh, yeah… I know him. Celestial Chorus. Nice old guy.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Seems cool. I feel I should thank him sometime but not right now. You want to go with me and Katie? The other two, Aaron and Kara just left to head out there.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> glances over at Katie, and then looks to Ramirez and nods a bit. “Sure thing.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Alright, cool.” He’d wait for Katie to do her thing like getting in the car and unlocking it.

<+FreakLegion> Katie nods and goes to get her car, coming back a little bit later with a station wagon.  It backfires when she pulls in, and she rolls down the window.  “Hey!  Get on in!”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ gets in. He’s been in worse vehicles…or at least on par.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> By and by the group as a whole heads off to the new Chantry, a plantation house a little outside of town. The area is overgrown, vines having taken over the outside of the building, willow trees billowing in the breeze and dragging the ground in big green curtians.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) “I could haunt this.”, Hollow nods approvingly.

<+Morose> <Aaron> looks at the place from his car before slowly getting out.  Once the other arrive he looks to them with a raised eyebrow.  “Bit of a fixer-upper, but I don’t mind a little work.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ laughs at Hollow’s comment. “This place does look cool. I’m sure we could fix it up, but leaving some of the look that it’s been unattended is not a bad idea.”

<+MichaelM> “I’m going to have to lease a car for myself if it’s going to be this much of a commute,” Kara mutters as she steps out of the car.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> gets out and takes a look at the building, pulling out her camera and snapping a few pictures.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I wonder if there’s any other spirits here.” Wanders to the door with his garbage bag of belongings.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow photobombs a couple of Angela’s shots on purpse before slowly walking around the place to get a feel for the whole area. “Well, I can assist with the creepy haunted mansion feel… keep normal people away.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “That’d be cool. This place is interesting.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie gets out and brushes a hand through her hair.  “Wow.  Just… wow.  This place is huge.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> steps up toward the porch, giving the creaky steps a test squeek before looking to Kara for the keys.

<+MichaelM> “Dibs on the attic,” Kara states before tossing Angela the keys. “Always wanted to live in a haunted attic.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Damnit..I get the basement then, if it’s livable.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> The inside looks far cleaner than the outside. There’s no dust or cobwebs, it smells clean. The place is very old but in very nice condition, and has a warm, homey feel.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> eyes the place as she walks inside slowly. “This is one of the old chantries… holy crap. I don’t think anyone has used this in like thirty years.”

<+MichaelM> “It looks pretty well off, considering,” Kara observes.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ walks in and sets the bag he was carrying down. “This place is interesting.” He’d wander about to explore.

<+Morose> <Aaron> nods in agreement.  “Yeah…  still has a magic vibe to it though.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Looks like a fun place to haunt.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) “Definately. Hey, there are some weird portal looking things in the basement.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie walks in and adjusts her glasses.  “Wow, again.  This is nice.  So… the catch for this place was?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Cool, let’s go check them out!” He races down to the basement.

<+FreakLegion> Katie blinks as Ramirez heads for the basement and decides to follow to see what he is talking about.

<+MichaelM> “The catch is that we’re in charge of upkeep now,” Kara answers. “And we’re not supposed to mess with the neighbours.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> raises an eyebrow. “This is a lot to upkeep… but I suppose there are a lot of us.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ ‘Yeah, yeah, no spooking the neighbors. I called the basement!” * he goes on down to see what’s cool here.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> wanders off toward the upstairs, going to claim a bedroom for when she stays here.

<+Morose> <Aaron> does similar, helping Jesse unload some stuff and then going back for another trip.

<+MichaelM> Kara mils around in the entrance room, admiring the accumulation of dust and cobwebs around the room’s corners.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Down in the basement, Hollow was right. There are 6 mirrors down there, all with strange frames. One has candles in the frame, lit up and water appears to be running down the glass.

<+FreakLegion> Katie blinks and leans back from the bottom step.  “Those are old school.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks at them with some curiosity. “Wow..are these like gateways or communication things?”

<+FreakLegion> Katie steps closer to examine the mirrors carefully.  “I think they are gates of some kind.  Single location would be my guess.  Two-way.  Have to be open on both ends.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “That’s pretty wild.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow moves around the mirrors, looking at them. “So, what… is only one turned on then?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ tries touching the mirror out of curiosity

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> As Ramirez touches the active mirror, it shows a room past his watery reflection. The room has a few bookshelves and some religious icons strewn about it, but is plain and simple looking.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah, it does seem to go somewhere. Maybe it’s to that Father’s place he has currently?”

<+FreakLegion> Katie shrugs but takes a solid look at the others.  “Probably.  Wonder where these all go?  I have some studying to do…  need to work on figuring out how to track where they come out at…  some sort of wormhole physics…  could do it with quantum particles… the trouble is portability.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ removes his hand, as it might be considered rude to just try to cross over to the other side without a real reason. “Maybe we can figure out where the others go. I might go have a talk with the Father if Kara will remind me as to what church he actually attends.”

<+FreakLegion> Katie snaps out of the daze she was in.  “Oh shit!  Where… oh yeah.  Uhm I am going to see if this place has beds maybe or crash in my car for a few.  Geeze when was the last time I slept?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Good question.” He smirks. “Hollow, the basement is so ours so hmm.. going to have to set things up in here and make it ours. I’m going to have to ask how to make the sanctum down here for stuff. I have no idea.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Also, going to see on hiding these mirrors more so that they are not bugged..and to find where the others would go.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow nods. “Don’t look at me… no clue on that sorta stuff. I can make the walls bleed, and can probably mess with those mirrors too.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Hah, that is awesome. We have to do that somewhere.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow laughs a bit at that. “This’ll be fun. Except you guys are awful close to the Tremere. Must be why they said not to poke the neighbors… unless you want to use a pointy piece of wood.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “What are Tremere? And if you know where they are at, that’s cool. Maybe some wouldn’t mind being friends someday or something.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow makes a bit of a face. “They are a kind of vampire, but they do magic stuff. The ones here have a mirror I used to talk to them through all the time.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Ah, that’s cool. Maybe one of these mirrors goes to them too. You don’t seem to like them very much though. Did they try something to you?”

<+MichaelM> The Ghostbusters’ theme begins to sound from the entrance room. With a annoyed huff, Kara digs her phone out of her pocket and checks the new messages. Reading the first one brings a blush and a bashful smile to her face. Reading the second causes her to huff again in annoyance. Muttering in German under her breath, she types and sends a terse reply to the second text, then returns to the first. Her expression shifts to something between anxious and giddy as she ponders her reply.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow shrugs a little bit. “Well, I had this friend for a while, like you kinda… she could see me. They kept her around because of that and they got in her head a lot. Not much I could do without getting Kitt killed.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Ah, she was a seer? That’s cool. Is that person okay now?”

<+MichaelM> Kara receives another message, and her expression shifts again to irritation as she types out a reply.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow runs her fingers over the surface of one of the darkened mirrors a moment. “Sorta. Krista told me she is a vampire now, but she is away from the Tremere. There was this old one, kinda Dracula mother fucker, he took her but he had powers I hadn’t seen before.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, really? Weird. Kitt wasn’t a mage before, right?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow shakes her head. “No. She could see over here, and she could do some stuff… but nothing that would go breaking any natural laws or anything.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, well that’s good. My Avatar seems to think it would have been tragic otherwise.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow nods a bit and flickers, seeming to teleport from one side of the room to the other. “I have heard that it’s bad for Mages, not sure of the specifics though. So is it like a voice in your head or something?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah, it’s like an older and wiser me.. and it knows stuff I don’t. It’s part of me and I guess it was always there but needed something to happen to wake it up.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow circles around him and reaches through him. “So weird. I know a lot of vampires, and I have been around a while so I know a lot of stuff about being a ghost too but I haven’t had much experience with this.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “That makes two of us, though my Avatar has much more experience apparently.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> (Shadowlands) Hollow nods and flickers again. “Well, it’ll be interesting that’s for sure. I am gonna check some things out but I’ll be back to help out around here.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ nods. “Alright. I’ll go upstairs and see what the others are up to.”

<+MichaelM> Kara leans against the wall, chewing on her lip and lost in thought as she stares at the screen of her phone. She doesn’t appear to notice Ramirez come back upstairs.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ walks over to her and taps her on the shoulder, before walking around her. “Hey, Kara”

<+MichaelM> Kara starts, and a flush immediately rushes to her face. “W-what? I wasn’t-” she cuts herself off as she twists around to see who poked her, “I mean, hi Ramirez. You, er…startled me.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Hey.. why are you so jumpy? Expecting something or someone?”

<+MichaelM> “No,” Kara states adamantly, “I was just…thinking. You caught me by surprise is all.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I did? Sorry about that. What are you thinking about? I’m working on how to fix up the basement. Is there a way I can get in touch with Father whatshisface sometime? I’d like to ask him about the mirrors because I want to save that space downstairs and block them in case someone ever does break in here.”

<+MichaelM> “I just have a few messages I need to respond to. That’s all,” Kara says, hastily shoving her phone into a pocket. “And yeah, I can introduce you to Father Thomas. Please be careful blocking off the mirrors though, because one of them is…an escape route, shall we say. Just in case.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Does it go to his church?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “And I’m not blocking them off from us.”

<+MichaelM> “Yeah, the mirror leads to his mission,” Kara nods. “It’s a chantry too. Just, you know, a more literal one.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ nods. “I was thinking so since I checked it and I was shown some room with books that seemed kinda religious in tone.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “So..what are we going to do about Arthur, when he asks where we all went? Despite his weird throw down and mood tantrum..”

<+MichaelM> “Well, that’s actually one of the messages I was puzzling over,” Kara admits. “He sent me back a fourteen-word apology for his behaviour that night, and wants to know where we are.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I think he’s got like bipolar or something like schizo ..I don’t know. I just know he’s not okay. He doesn’t trust any of us. He said it when I was following him and then he said he was going to leave us. I mean, I don’t get what he wants now. I feel bad for him but he’s also annoying as fuck. I’m trying to be fair though.”

<+MichaelM> “I agree that something’s wrong,” Kara assents, “but I don’t want to leave him alone in the city, especially if he’s what Cornel and the others are after. I asked him to meet me at my apartment sometime this week, but he apparently took that as an invitation to head there already.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah, I don’t think it’s good to leave him by himself utterly to his own devices. We are going to have to think of something.”

<+MichaelM> “Yeah, but what?” Kara asks, running a hand through her hair, “he’s too unstable to keep here, and too out of touch with reality to try and come to terms with anything.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I don’t know. Maybe I’ll try being around the other place too sometimes to keep him some company when I can and maybe you can too. I don’t think he’s good for us with how he changes things and all but at the same time… we could be leading him to his death if we don’t try to be around him.”

<+MichaelM> “Yeah, but the way he acts sometimes he could be leading us to ours,” Kara mutters, shaking her head slightly. “I’d prefer to avoid the theatre altogether, though convincing his to do so might be a challenge.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah..I don’t trust him really after that, but I don’t know he’d listen to us about the theater. Maybe we should find somewhere else for him to go in the city where we could check on him? Like pool money together to get him an apartment?”

<+MichaelM> “I suppose,” Kara shrugs. “I need to apply for a job again before I have the kind of income to pay for *two* apartments in this city.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I can try to put some money too into it once I get more stabilized. I just don’t know what to do about him in the meantime other than entertain him and keep watch over him. He thinks he’s like some genius that doesn’t have to listen to others.”

<+MichaelM> “I don’t think it even registers to him that he’s not listening,” Kara says quietly, “it’s as if when he doesn’t think something’s important, he assumes it must be, and that everyone else should feel the same. And the same holds when he thinks something *is* important.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ nods. “So what do you think we should do to best handle it? If it wasn’t for the fact these people were after him, I’d probably say fuck it. I feel guilty some for saying it, but I just became a mage myself too.”

<+MichaelM> “I know,” Kara sighs, “I don’t want to leave him on his own, but it’s dangerous to keep him with us. Mostly because he’s just so unstable..”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Is he the reason we moved here or is it also for some other reason?”

<+MichaelM> “We moved here because I didn’t feel the theatre was safe anymore. Cornel knew where it was. No telling who else did. Some people weren’t exactly subtle about it.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ nods “Ah, okay. I didn’t know he knew already, but I’m not surprised. Some of the people with us are not good at secrets.”

<+MichaelM> “Well…” Kara begins, rubbing the back of her neck, “he knew because I kind of, sort of, used to work for him. And he may have stalked me for a while.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, that does make a lot of sense. How long were you guys using the theater?”

<+MichaelM> “A few months now,” Kara says, frowning, “why?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “It was a good idea we moved then probably. How long have you known Arthur?”

<+MichaelM> “Since…” Kara pauses, thinking back, “I think I met him in early September. Just last year.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I went after him to that building..at the University, the fraternity he was wanting to go to and it was abandoned and creepy. No one was inside by what I could see and there was some sound coming from the basement that was like scraping metal. No one seemed to even care or notice, like the building was just ignored. People walked right on by it. I think something happened there but it’s definitely not safe and it’s like no one regular around even cares.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I was worried and told him not to go there. He ignored so I followed him and well.. I just think we’re going to have to try to find Cornel soon and somehow get Arthur to stop being so reckless.”

<+MichaelM> Kara nods solemnly, then asks “want to take odds on which one’s more likely to happen first?”

Session Close: Mon Mar 13 00:00:00 2017