Session Start: Thu Mar 09 00:00:00 2017
Session Ident: #Aeons_Daylight

<@Aeon-Rook> [Storyteller] It’s very cloudy, making the sky appear as a carpet of blackness.

<+MichaelM> Kara makes her way to Father Thomas’ mission. The sky is equal parts dark and foreboding at this time of the evening. She makes her way to her destination at a brisk pace, trying to get there quickly in case it starts to rain.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> The mission is like a beacon in the storm, light shining out through the stained glass windows. There are quite a few people here, some of them gathering up from off the street and just hanging around nearby in case they need to take shelter.

<+MichaelM> Kara feels lighter as she enters the mission. A weight is lifted from her shoulders, to be replaced by a surge of contentedness and assurance. She closes her eyes and drinks in the feeling for a moment, then quietly asks the nearest person; “excuse me, is Father Thomas here?”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> One of the people points her toward the back. “I just saw him back that way a couple of minutes ago.”

<+MichaelM> “Thank you,” Kara nods appreciatively, then heads over to the area indicated, doing her best to remain relatively quiet with her movements.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas is back there, folding laundry. He spies Kara and smiles, tossing her the edge of a sheet. “Give me a hand with these, would you? Trying to get them all put cleaned to be sent back to the shelter in the morning.”

<+MichaelM> “Sure,” Kara nods and steps forward to help. She’s not very practiced at folding laundry, which becomes evident as she spends a lot of her initial time watching Father Thomas and copying his movements.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas smiles as he watches her a bit, and stacks thinsg neatly into boxes and baskets that are off to the side for just such a purpose. “So, what did you need to talk about? I’m sorry for assuming… but I did not think you came to fold laundry.”

<+MichaelM> “Well, it’s cathartic at least,” Kara retorts, smiling faintly, “but you’re right. A lot has happened in the past few weeks, and…” Kara trails off.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas raises an eyebrow and waits for her to finish her thought as he finishes up. “And?”

<+MichaelM> Kara sighs heavily. “I really don’t know where to begin. Hope was kidnapped, Arthur ran off, the lab’s been overrun by technocrats, Cornel’s still missing, I got blackmailed, Zo did something to my spirit and gave me a feather, by friend got pregnant, and another of my friends is apparently haunted. And that’s all in the past few weeks.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas smiles. “Well, lets take this one at a time. I know about Hope, because Zo has talked to me. Arthur… you can’t control other people, well, you can but it wouldn’t be right. Technocracy is dangerous, and I have heard they are sweeping the city currently.”

<+MichaelM> “Yeah. We’re trying to lay low at the moment,” Kara nods. “I think we should keep looking, but I understand that caution’s important in this.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> “Zo is… different. He is what he is but he can be unstable when he tries to deny his Purpose. Pregnancy happens, are you concerned because they are one of us?”, Father Thomas asks as he watches Kara. “As for hauntings, those can be tricky but spirits can be banished easily enough.”

<+MichaelM> “Yes and no,” Kara shrugs slightly as she continues to fold, “I’m concerned because she’s like us, but also because we do dangerous things, and we have plenty of enemies.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> “That being said, we are usually pretty capable of defending ourselves when needed. But I do not think your current location is safe any longer. It is not like Arthur has been ‘laying low’ and your Theater may become a target.”, Father Thomas sighs faintly. “I do know of a place, somewhere not quite out of town that would put you all in a better location than

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> the middle of downtown…”

<+MichaelM> “Where?” Kara’s brow furrows, “I’d lie if I said we couldn’t use the place. I don’t think I could put everyone up in my apartment.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas nods. “An old plantation house. It’s a bit run down, and only kept it on the books because of the Node there. But it is out of the way, and plenty spacious enough for people not to be tripping over each other. I’d be happy to see people taking care of it.”

<+MichaelM> “Well, I can’t speak for the others, but I’d be happy to help take care of a place like that. Thank you for the generous offer, Father,” Kara continues to work, a contented smile growing on her face. “I’d probably need to get a car, though.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> “Good. Transportation could be a problem, but I do have an entrance here you can use to get back and forth. It would also give you access to this place any time you need as well.”, says Father Thomas as he finishes up.

<+MichaelM> “Thank you,” Kara gives Father Thomas an appreciative look. “You’ve already offered so much, though…”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas shakes his head. “No. I do need someone to take care of the place, and I prefer to have people I can trust staying there. It also makes it safer for me because I do not have to worry about the other end of the passage. I have been afraid some vampire would find it, though they’d be in for a nasty surprise coming out in my church.”

<+MichaelM> “I can imagine,” Kara gives a wry smile.

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas goes into the room across from the one where they were folding laundry and gets a set of keys out from a drawer and tears something off a notebook before handing both over to Kara. “There is the address and keys. I will show you the passage as well, and while I do not mind any of you using the house, so long as it’s taken care of… I would prefer only you use the secret passage unless it is a true emergency.”

<+MichaelM> “I will,” Kara nods solemnly, “only if there’s no other recourse. I promise.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> “Good. If there is anything else though, feel free to come and talk to me anytime.”, Father Thomas then leads her into another room in the back, where there appears to be a mirror with lit candles set into the frame all around it. Water flows down the surface of it from somewhere unseen, making their reflections shimmer. “The passage goes to a copy of this mirror inside the plantation house.”

<+MichaelM> “Wow…” Kara’s mind reels as she watches the mirror work, her mind immediately churning as it tries to analyse exactly what it’s seeing. “I’ll keep that in mind.” She turns away from the mirror, looking torn between amazement and gratitude. “Thank you again, Father. I will bring the others there when I can. I can’t tell you how much of a relief this will be, nor what kind of trouble it might spare us.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas nods once more. “Banding together is our best defense against the Technocracy, and other enemies out there. You should tell the others as soon as you can, get out of that place downtown before it is found by the wrong people.”

<+MichaelM> “I will. I have most of their numbers, and they can contact those whose numbers that I don’t have,” she looks thoughtful for a moment, as her mind begins to run through the potential logistics, “we’ll need to move quickly, but there aren’t too many essentials to bring. We’ll get going as quickly as possible.”

<@Aeon-Rook> <Storyteller> Father Thomas nods and leads her back out into the main room. “Good. I will see you later then. I would certainly like to talk more, perhaps when you do not have so much going on to handle.”

<+MichaelM> “Of course,” Kara nods, “thank you, Father. Thank you for everything.” She bows slightly, then turns and makes her way to the front door and exits the mission. The sky doesn’t seem to have changed, and so she makes her way back into the darkened night.

Session Close: Fri Mar 10 00:00:00 2017