Session Start: Fri Feb 10 03:19:26 2017
Session Ident: #Aeons_Daylight

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} is standing in Kara’s livingroom when she gets up, looking out her windows a bit at the other nearby buildings.

<+MichaelM> Kara feels as though she should be surprised to see him there, but it doesn’t startle her in the least. She momentarily reflects that she should feel anxious with his presence, or at least feel anxious about feeling anxious. She can’t quite muster up the effort, however, and simply moves to her coffee maker.

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} “Morning. I didn’t wish to disturb you, but also didn’t wish to wait outside.”, he says and then finally takes a seat on her couch.

<+MichaelM> “It’s fine.” Kara turns her to look at him as her coffeemaker begins dispensing a mug of instant-mix of dubious quality. “It’s not much,” she glances around at the modest accommodations of her apartment, “but make yourself comfortable.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} nods his head and ties back his long black hair into a ponytail. “Thank you. And I appreciate you not pointing and staring back at the Lab, or pointing out my nature. Though I do not think that one that sees the ghosts would be phased, some do not take it well.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> walks with Angela toward Kara’s apartment to check up on her, carrying some notes as well.

<+MichaelM> “It…it wasn’t my place to say,” Kara says, meekly, “but you’re welcome. I’m just glad to be able to help.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} nods his head. “Aeneas takes his job pretty seriously. He’s Salus… which basically means he’s a good little soldier. He doesn’t deal with living people much though so that is why he acts the way he does.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> makes her way to the apartment with Aaron, pausing at the bottom of the building and looking up at it briefly. “These are old buildings… bet they have great ghost sightings in them.”

<+MichaelM> “I hadn’t noticed.” Kara replies unconvincingly. She picks up her steaming mug and holds it in her hands for a moment, savouring the heat and the smell before starting to carefully drink from it.

<+Morose> <Aaron> chuckles a bit.  “Don’t say that around Kara.  Appearently she got haunted and is kinda jumpy about it.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} “So have you given much thought as to what you will do now that you are basically without your work to consume you?”

<+MichaelM> “A little.” Kara says quietly, staring into the contents of her mug. “I’m sure my family would prefer I move back closer to them, but I’d like to stay in the city for a while. I think I can do more good here than in Ohio.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> reaches out and knocks lightly on Kara’s door.  “Man I hope it’s the right one.”

<+MichaelM> Inside, Kara’s head snaps to the door as someone raps on it. With a slight frown, she glances to Zo then back to the door. She walks up and peers through the small lens in the door. Seeing who it is, she unlocks it and pulls it open. “Hey, Aaron. Angela.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> waves slightly from behind Aaron and holds out a plastic wrapped tray. “Brought you some snacks. And we brought some stuff for you to take a look at, when you have time and stuff.”, she eyes Zo a moment with raised eyebrows.

<+MichaelM> “Snacks *and* a puzzle?” Kara asks, smiling, “good thing I’m not a federal agent anymore, or this kind of bribe would be a felony.” She accepts the tray and steps aside, opening the door wider as she does so. “Please, come in.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> nods a bit and goes inside, and nods to Zo as well.  “Thanks.  Well…  we don’t have all the info yet cause Dan hasn’t gotten back to us about cracking the computers in the Lab but…  we did get a little bit of stuff they were working on reently and thought you might be able to sort it out cause…  it goes into like chemical formulas and stuff and so not my thing.”

<+MichaelM> “I can certainly take a crack at it, in any case.” Kara nods. She notices the curious glances at Zo’s place on her couch. “Oh. Angela, Aaron. This is Zo.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> waves a bit as she comes in too and takes a seat on the couch, on the opposite end from him and just stares from time to time. “Hi.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> nods.  “Yeah.  I met him and his uh… unusual friend.  Anyway, I thought maybe if we knew what they were working on it’d help.  Plus at some point I think we should go back in there and check it out completely…  make sure they didn’t leave some experiments behind and stuff.”

<+MichaelM> “Yeah,” Kara says, nodding solemnly, “some of the stuff in there would be disastrous to the city if it got out. I didn’t see them evacuating everything when I dowsed the portal.” She glances towards the city’s skyline through her apartment window. “I hope I’m wrong, or that they moved the stuff beforehand, but…”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} nods his head as he glances out the window. “They do not care for the city, or anything else for that matter. In fact, they’d like to see it torn apart. So it it likely that they have set things in motion already.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> frowns a bit at that, looking thoughtful. “That was why they came twenty years ago… wasn’t it? They made contact with whatever got woken up.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> nods.  “Well, maybe we can get some assistance and go back down there to have a look.  I hate to say it but might be worth seeing if they left any trinkets behind as well.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} glances over at Angela and then Kara as he rises from the couch and stretches. “Yeah. I wouldn’t go back down there alone. Not after what I saw in the Umbra. Aeneas is sure the barrier will hold though, and I have no reason to doubt him.”

<+MichaelM> “It might be a good idea to clear it anyway,” Kara retorts. “If their goal truly is to disrupt the city, they may try and break that barrier.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} nods his head. “Yeah. They are something… no longer human. This goes beyond just drinking some vampire blood and into darker things that I won’t get into here. You all don’t need the strain on your mortal sanity.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> “Oh. That’s uhm… thoughtful of you.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> frowns, not liking the sound of that at all.  “That sounds lovely.  So… I notice you didn’t mention…  is, is Hope okay?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} glances over at Aaron, then shakes his head. “No. But you knew that before you finished asking. It’s alright, chalk it up to your human nature to ask anyway.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> just makes a bit of a face and keeps quiet. She fiddles with her bag a little bit, still eyeing Zo from time to time. Then finally she can’t seem to hold it back anymore and takes her camera out. “Can I take a picture of you?”

<+Morose> <Aaron> glacnes over at Angela, like -really-, before looking back to Zo.  “I am sorry.  We will do what we can to stop these things though.”

<+MichaelM> “There’s not really a choice about that.” Kara states immutably. “There’s too much potential for damage in those ruins. We can’t leave that to chance.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} glances back to Angela and nods. “No vouching for what you’ll get on that thing though.”, he says before looking back toward Kara and adjusting his ponytail with a nod. “I will assist where I can. I have my own reasons, revenge certainly among them.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> takes out her camera and takes a picture of Zo before he changes his mind. Curiousity sated, she puts it back in her bag. “I’ll help out however I can.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> sighs and glances toward the door.  He double checks to make sure that he gaze Kara all the paperwork they could find so far.  “Well, if we find anything else out information wise, I’ll let you know.  And when we can get people grouped to go in there… we’ll let each other know too.”

<+MichaelM> “Alright. I’ll keep in touch.” Kara takes the paperwork and begins to leaf through a few of the sheets. “It could take me a while to dig through all this, though.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Angela> nods and moves to head out with Aaron. “Okay. If you need anything between now and then just gives us a call or something. Or catch us at the Theater… we haven’t seen Arthur… and we uhm… we don’t feel right saying anything that his Dad may be involved so… yeah. Anyway, we’ll see you later.”

<+MichaelM> Kara waves at the two as they leave, locks the door behind them, and leans against the wall by the door. “I suppose I’ll have to let Arthur know,” she mutters, rubbing her temples.

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} watches them go and then sits back down on Kara’s couch, laying down and staring up at her ceiling. “I am not sure he would understand. At least from what I am getting from their feelings on it, and yours. I am going to rest a while here, if you do not mind.”

<+MichaelM> “By all means,” Kara says as she starts to tab through the papers again. “I’m going to need a while to parse through this anyway.”

Session Close: Sat Feb 11 00:00:00 2017