Session Start: Tue Feb 07 00:00:00 2017
Session Ident: #Aeons_Daylight

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “They could’a played some metal or something instead.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> eyes Aeneas and then looks back to Ramirez. “Poor guy has totally checked out. Can’t blame him… but I ain’t jumping into any more Mage machines, bad for the ol’ corpus. One might try to use me for a battery or something.”

<+MichaelM> Seeing the apparent unpopularity of the musical accompaniment for the elevator, Kara pretends she minds it.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah, good idea.” He digs in his jacket pocket and pulls out a fast break bar and starts munching on it.

<+MichaelM> Kara’s phone begins to ring. She frantically digs it out of her pocket and silences it before It bleats out more than the opening line of the Gostbusters theme. Blushing slightly, she checks the message.

<+Morose> <Aaron> sighs and tries to ignore the music on the painfully slow ride down in close quarters with two people he is not comfortable with.

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) glances over in Kara’s direction. “I see how it is. I’m living impaired, have you no sympathy?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} snickers at Hollow and taps idely on the doors to the elevator. “Really… maybe you -were- working for Umbrella. This is going down pretty far.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Told ya, we are in Raccoon City. But seriously, how the fuck far down does this thing go? and we should have like windows to see.”

<+MichaelM> “Working for Umbrella?” Kara lookes puzzledly at Zo, and then Ramirez. “Raccoon city? I’m sorry. What does that mean?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “It’s a video game series, hombre. Resident Evil.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> shudders.  “Oh man… don’t even say that.”

<+MichaelM> “Huh,” Kara utters with a shrug. “A video game? I guess that explains why I never heard of it.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} blinks and looks over at Kara, then just shakes his head. “Well, there you go, Anus. Someone else who is as connected to popular culture as you are.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Aeneas} sighs, still not blinking as he watches the doors. “I asked you not to call me that.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} arrives and check the time. He parks his motorcycle at a safe spot and heads down to the old lab down the elevator

<+MichaelM> Kara looks like she wants to argue that assertion, but decides not to contest the point to Zo.

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) laughs, spurting black goo from her neck wound. “Wow… so, you guys… friends, or married?”

<+Dusk> Maverick arrives and check the time. He parks his motorcycle at a safe spot and sees the elevator is busy. He decides to wait

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ munches on his bar, smirking at the commentary but preparing for what was to come.

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} starts to comment and then pauses as the elevator doors open up. “Alright, lets close the barrier back up and be very careful. No telling what they had down here.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Aeneas} steps off the elevator and lifts his hands to chest height, a strange sound seeming to emenate from around him more than from him.

<+Morose> <Aaron> slowly steps out of the elevator, frowning a bit as he looks around.  “Please no zombies…”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ steps off the elevator after the other two and peers around doing a scan.

<+MichaelM> Kara nods solemnly at Zo’s statement. She averts her gaze as the air around Aeneas fills with light. She mutters something under her breath, and quickly crosses herself the group steps off the elevator.

<@Nox_Aegis> <Storyteller> The Lab interior starts with just a waiting room by the elevator… but behind that is huge. Computer equipment built into the walls, some of it looks almost steampunk and some of it is very modern. There is a map of what looks like an entire complex inside on the main monitor, set up like an information station.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} patiently waits for the elevator to come up

<@Nox_Aegis> <Storyteller> As they last person steps off the elevator, it starts to move back up on it’s own accord.

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} glances to the elevator and reaches into his trenchcoat. “Perhaps we should be ready in case we were followed?”

<+Morose> <Aaron> nods, but casts his eyes about the information station, studying it.  “This place is huge… and i frankly get lost in the mall.”

<+MichaelM> “We are being followed, but I’m pretty sure it’s by a friend.” Kara says, glancing back at the elevator as it rises. “Though I learned a week ago that I’m an awful judge of character” she adds bitterly.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} as he waits for the elevator to come up. He takes out his gun and checks the magazine. He ponders whether to weave some prime energy into it. Just enough to last for the night. God forbid should the need arise

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Couldn’t be that bad. you deal with some of us. We’ll just wait for whoever it is so we can go together.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) “Yeah, it can’t be that bad. I once trusted this guy I was working with and he used me as bait to draw out a vampire he was hunting by cutting my neck open and spilling my blood everywhere.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} thinks on it then weaves some odylic force into his gun, the puts it back in his holster. As soon as the elevator comes up, he gets in and proceeds to go down, getting a creepy vibe all over

<+Dusk> {Maverick} Once the elevator finally reaches its destination. Maverick hides beside the doors trying to peek if its safe, or some monster is about to eat his face off

<+Dusk> {Maverick} once he sees Kara and the others, he steps out “Oh hi!”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Aeneas} raises his right arm, looking at Maverick with piercing blues eyes in an otherwise perfectly albino form.

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) looks at Aeneas, then at Ramirez. “Holy shit dude, can you see that? His arm turned into a sword on this side.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks at Hollow. “That’s how you died, huh? That’s a shitty way to go. Makes more sense now why that wound.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ moves over to see the cool arm. lol

<+Dusk> {Maverick} looks at Aeneas then to the others “Friend of yours?”

<+MichaelM> Kara turns to Aeneas and Zo, then back to Maverick and shrugs slightly. “It’s complicated. We’re here to help them.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} nods giving Aneneas another look “I see. I actually came to check on you guys after that flood if you all are doing okay. Speaking of flood did you all see the massive explosion at the mall. Wonder who did that?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, wow, he actually did a cool thing besides standing there looking all menacing with his whiter than white look. I wanna learn how to do that.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} glances back at Maverick and then shakes his head, starting to peer down different hallways. “I feel like we are not alone in this place.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Aeneas} looks Maverick over, unblinking and then looks at Ramirez. “I think you could learn to make your spirit matter maliable and forge it into weapons with experience.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) “Awwww. I think the freaky pale guy gave you a compliment.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> nods his head a bit.  “Yeah, this could take a while.  Not like they marked ‘you are here, portal here’ on the map.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Forge spirit into weapons? You can do that? That pretty neat. All I can do so far is enchant existing weapons with raw energy”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh, that’s how you do it. Thanks, Aeneas!” He grins to Hollow and then looks around. “Hmm..Oh hey, Mav! Nice you showed up. Now that you are here, we can carry on with no direction.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} glances back toward Aeneas, then sighs as he stops and closes his eyes. He seems to mumble to himself for almost a minute, making s trange, tonal sound that seemed more like pure sound than speech… and then starts to walk in a direction. “Alright, lets not be dumbasses and split up. But… Aeneas, you might guarding our way out?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Aeneas} looks to Zo as he makes the sounds, making a few of his own before nodding. “I can stay and finish resetting the barrier as well as protect our escape.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “So anyone mind giving me a 10 second briefing about what we are dealing with here. Like what are we helping the man over there with?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} shakes his head and moves forward slowly down the hall.

<+Morose> <Aaron> chuckles.  “Well, I guess it’s a long sotry but Arhur’s Dad and Cory stole some kid with super powers or something.”

<+MichaelM> Kara looks between Zo and the others, then follows after him, muttering a quiet prayer as she walk.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “And let me guess. The kid’s powers have gone out of control and its a huge threat now?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} shakes his head again as he stops pretty far down one hall and changes direction. “No. It is me they should be worried about.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “What can your kid do…just so we know and can tell the difference?”

<+Morose> <Aaron> brings up the rear, glancing behind them from time to time nervously.

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} doesn’t glance back, instead keeping a steely gaze on where he is going. “That would be very difficult to explain. But consider it similar to your own abilities, but perhaps not as inclined to backlash from reality setting in.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “If only I could be immune to those reality backlashes. That’d be awesome”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Just got to learn how to play the system.” He’d carry on down the hall.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} continues walking with the group

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) “That sounds like some Grade A bullshit to me. I mess up stuff all the time! In fact, I can alter time! Nothing bad happens to me.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Well, you’re dead, Hollow..so I am going to go with something bad happened to you straight up. Also, do we know what could come for you if they found out about you? I don’t right now but I’m assuming it would be nasty.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} “Probably not very good. You have your own backlash anyway, that is why chaos and entropy are constantly reshaping around you.”, he at this point glances back, looking from Ram to Hollow to Mav. “Yeah… all three of you. In one spot. Remind me not to stand too close.”

<+MichaelM> Kara edges away slightly from Ramirez and Maverick. She notes that Zo didn’t look at her, but he said ‘all three.’

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “And now they acting like we diseased or something.” * he snickers.

<+Morose> <Aaron> chuckles and stays in the back.  “I wouldn’t say diseased… more like bad luck.”

<+MichaelM> Kara doesn’t respond. Instead, she focuses on not being depressed at he thought that Zo was referring to her as well, but didn’t think her worth looking at to address.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ shrugs and tries sensing again for life/entropy as they carry on.

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} turns the other way to look at Kara. “You have some serious insecurities, even for a mortal. Very anxious. I did not mean you, I was referring to the ghost. That thing is a chaos magnet, along with the dead but not dead guy. The other one has overlapping dimension issues.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Really, girl, you should have more confidence. Not everything is about you.” *snaps fingers*

<+Dusk> {Maverick} shrugs “Cant blame. Ever since that accident, my shadow is missing, glass randomly cracks near me, milk sours and all sorts of weird things happen. On the plus side, I have noticed something weird. My face doesnt show up on camera and people tend to forget my face. Its like I dont exist. You guys are the only people that seem to remember me proper”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I have weird things happen too, like sometimes stuff seems to age or break or change. Kinda cool.”

<+MichaelM> Kara, at Zo’s words, trades out self-depreciation for paranoid anxiety at the mention of a ghost’s presence. “That’s…comforting.” She replies, shakily.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “I’m just glad I’m not the only weirdo in this world”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} laughs. “Actually it shows up, just delayed and distored. Nothing removes a reflection completely. Even vampires without it… it’s only they who cannot see it. To everyone else it is distorted and unnerving.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I like these random facts. I’d have never known that otherwise.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} pauses again, this time freezing in his tracks. “So… I think I found the portal.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Storyteller> In the room ahead is a massive structure that looks like a cross between a Stargate and something from D&D. Beside the structure is a keycard slot with a card sticking out of it.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} looks at the portal in awe “Tha..that looks like an inter-dimensional portal or some kind of wormhole. How is it so..stable?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh wow, the Goa’uld exist!”

<+MichaelM> “Stable?” Kara gives Maverick a sidelong glance. “Who said anything about stable?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “It operates with key cards… that’s funny.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) moves around the portal and then spies the card and her whole corpus shudders black. “That son of a bitch! That dirty mother fucker! That piece of inhuman shit bag dog faced piss ant filth!”, she starts to increase in pitch and even those who normally can’t hear her start to pick up on the dark stream of cussing coming from near the key card.

<+Morose> <Aaron> frowns a little bit as he looks over toward the portal.  “Does anyone else hear… swearing?”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Hmm, perhaps its that ghost. But yeah about that portal, it could well be unstable, but its holding fairly well for now. Gotta be careful, some of these worm holes can distort reality to such degree that gravity around them changes. It can suck you in”

<+Dusk> Maverick “Who knows what kind of hazardous environment is on the other side”

<+MichaelM> “Hazardous, sure. But I remember it being quite pleasing to the eye.” Kara comments, then frowns. “Assuming he wasn’t lying about this portal leading back there.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Back where? Pleasing you say? So the environment on the other side can sustain earthly life?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} looks over at them, then at Hollow. “Hey, ghost. You go dark and Aeneas will show you the way to Transendence. I am serious. What seems to be the problem?”

<+MichaelM> “The Umbra, I think it’s called.” Kara informs Maverick. “And it’s more of a reflection of our world than another universe in and of itself.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) starts to push objects in the room angrily. “He killed me!!!! That fucker on the card, that is the piece of shit that murdered me!”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) “You save me a piece of him. He is Miiiiiiine.”, she hisses.

<+MichaelM> Idly curious, Kara steps forward and checks the card, wondering who absentminded enough to leave it behind.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks over at the spirit and then goes over to the key card and would look at it to get a view of who this person was. “Okay, well that’s good. We have at least some knowledge then of something down here.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <Storyteller> The card is Cornel’s ID Card.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “And back off threatening Hollow. She’s not doing shit to anyone. She’s been quite helpful. She said she died by that guy slitting her throat to draw in vampires. She has a right to be pissed.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> “Wait.  Cory?  Murdered someone to attract vampires?  What the fuck?  I thight he was a douche but…  are we sure?”

<+MichaelM> Kara, spotting the card’s name and picture, glares at it for a few moments before turning away disgustedly. She rubs her temples, torn between anger at him for his actions, and herself for not seeing them.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Cory? Like the man who was with Arthur that day?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “You guys know this person?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) “UGH! Am I sure?!? AM I FUCKING SURE?!?”

<+MichaelM> “Of course I know him.” Kara says, trying very hard to keep her tone vitrol free, and failing. “I worked for him.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I see. Well Hollow is pretty damned sure of who killed her and she bears the marks of the wound. I got no reason to doubt her. So what can you tell us about this pendejo?”

<+MichaelM> “Two weeks ago I could’ve given you a relatively unbiased description of his personality and apparent abilities,” Kara says somewhat brusquely, “but all that comes to mind at the moment is an impressive string of profanity, as well as a few remarks about his lineage. Which is unfair, because his mother was probably a lovely person.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> nods.  “Don’t know much.  He works with Arthur’s Dad which-“, he stops and looks at Kara, then laughs a bit nervously.  “Well, yeah…  this goes beyond douchy.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Well, chica, that’s not really helpful. Then again, what’s really true about someone like that?”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “So, back to the matter at hand. What do we do now?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (Embody) “He is almost 200 years old. His mother dies of the White Plague, as a nurse, in a Sanatarium.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} studies the portal for a few minutes. “They went deep into the Umbra with this. No telling if they had another way out from here.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “White plague? I know black plague”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks at Hollow. “Hollow said he is almost 200 years old and his mother died of the White Plague..as a nurse in a sanatarium.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “So this man man has been able to hold onto his life using some kind of magic. Whats his agenda? Why is he even doing all..this?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (Embody) “Not magic. Blood. Vampire blood.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Ah, that makes sense. So do you know what his motivations are?”

<+MichaelM> “The white plague was another name for tuberculosis.” Kara states, recalling information from an old virology course. “It was so called for the extreme paleness it left in patients. And it was periodically endemic.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} makes a bit of a face. “That’s… gross. And… very… well I am sure Aeneas would make some sort of case for blasphemy.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> looks thoughtful.  “Maybe he wants true immortality?  Without the nasty side effects?”

<+MichaelM> “I don’t think anyone would have to stretch to make the blasphemy case here.” Kara mutters with disgust.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Is he a mage like us? And why did he kill the ghost dude?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} makes a low tonal sound and then looks up at the portal. “It would explain why he has Hope then. I am going to rend his soul to shreds if he harms her. He will wish for a Poena’s mercy when I am done.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “He can’t be a mage and be a vampire. At least I’d think he couldn’t. It doesn’t seem to work that way.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> glances to Zo, and just nods softly.

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (Embody) “Humans can extend life by drinking vampire blood. They even get some of their powers, but aren’t dead. Vampires use them as servants.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “The more you know…like those thralls in vampire movies. Whatever he is, if he’s the hookman or whatever was causing all these troubles. I’d say we put an end to this” He pulls out his gun, as it pulsates with prime energy, puts the safety off and holsters it back in. “So how do we get to him?”

<+MichaelM> Kara looks mournful for a moment, then her expression clears. “Our first priority is to make sure Hope’s alright.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} looks to the portal. “I believe I can activate this, but we do not know where in the Umbra exactly it leads to. I can only say that it is not the Umbra you have travelled before. Not my area of expertise, nor Aeneas’s as his job is to ferry spirits to transcendance he is more used to dealing with ghosts and that realm.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “That guy isn’t the Hookman that killed me. That was a wraith. So this guy is alive but he’s stealing vampire blood to prolong his life? That’s why he wanted to lure them with you?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) looks at Zo, and slowly starts to look back the way they came thoughtfully. “Oh holy shit. Leaving that alone. I am so not ready to go to the light. Fuck the light. I got shit to do.”

<+MichaelM> “Well, at least if we do die, we get a head start on what comes next.” Kara observes at Zo’s comment, a hint of a smirk tugging at her lip.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Well, you might want to stay here then if that’s the case.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) looks to Ramirez and sighs. “It’s a long story. At the time, I do not think he was what you call Awakened. He was just hunting Vampires… we didn’t know he was stealing blood from the ones we killed. Some of the others he got to do it too. I found one of the vampires he had captured and set him free. Not sure if he whammied me or I just really felt bad but I couldn’t do it anymore. Cornel had him starved and cornered… tried to use it to show the others they were just bloodthirsty monsters but… he was the monster. When Simon wouldn’t come for me, he cut my throat and bled me out.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Damn, that’s a fucking monster alright. That’s hella harsh.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} listens to Hollow and doesn’t seem to feel any better. “Aside from the guy with the gun and the one Kara carries in her purse… what do you all have access to for arms?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I got a gun and a knife.” >.>

<+Morose> <Aaron> shrugs.  “I got some knives…  if they left anything here we could check it out.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Someone should have brought an AR or a shotgun. We clearly need some heavy weaponry. That dragon would have been useful tpp”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} sighs. “I am going in. I want you all to go out, and get ready. When I take Hope… I am betting you all will be the first place he comes knocking.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) growls, eyes flicking green. “We will be fucking ready.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} nods “Hey Kara, could you by chance give us access to FBI armory. We could use the firepower”

<+MichaelM> “The FBI armoury?” Kara asks, incredulously. “What on earth are you talking about?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} glances over to kara. “I will need to find you again. I will take Hope to Father Thomas, but may I mark you so that I can locate you?”

<+MichaelM> “You’re asking me?” Kara turns to Zo, looking taken aback. She turns to look at Ramirez and Maverick. “You’re sure?”

<+Morose> <Aaron> chuckles.  “It’s not reaaaaaly an FBI building.  It was a secret Chantry.  I think.  But they might have left some stuff on the way out.  Course.. they might have left experiments too.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} nods. “I am asking your permission to leave a mark on your soul, yeah. Seemed the polite thing to do.”

<+MichaelM> “If…if you think it’ll help.” Kara says, somewhat apprehensively. Then, more confidently; “Yes.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} looks thoughtful. “It should make you immune to when I show myself but… I am not sure that humans in your state of being are effected by that anyway. We’ll have to find out sometime.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} leans over and down to Kara’s level, kissing his fingertips and then placing them upon her head. She feels instantly warm and calmness spreads through her, as if every weight in the world she had was gone and forgiven.

<+Morose> <Aaron> glances back the way they came.  “I’ll warn Jesse and we should find Angela as well.  Dan is out of town though he might have come back now that the power is back.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ watches with some intrigue. “I may be able to get some people to help..ya know.. like..vampires.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Gotta find princess peach and her dragon as well”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Maybe not, but they might like a go at this asshole for fucking with their kind too.”

<+MichaelM> Kara visibly relaxes, letting out a tension that she wasn’t conscious of, so long had it been a part of her. “That…” She looks up at Zo, awed. “Thank you.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Maybe I can at least spring some weapons.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “One of them vampire ladies is a giant. Like you wont even believe thats a woman”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} looks at Ramirez “Yeah if you get some weapons, that’d be nice. Think you can manage some shotguns or rifles?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (SL) paces around Ramirez, grumbling. “A hundred years… a hundred years I have been waiting to get my hands on him… and he was right here.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “I can try. I ain’t making no promises. I’m new to this region so setting up good contacts is rough. I got one or two I can look at though. I’ll get back to you.” He’d look at Hollow. “You are going to get your chance. Comeon. Let’s go weapon hunting.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} nods to them and watches as they disperse. “We’ll meet again. Thank you for your help.”, then he disappears in a brilliant flash of light. (Those who can see the Umbra/Shadowlands see the light there as well.)

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ studies the light and then turns and heads off to go do what he needs to do.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} “Yep, I’ll go with ya to get some weapons.”

Session Close: Wed Feb 08 00:00:00 2017