Session Start: Tue Jan 31 00:00:00 2017
Session Ident: #Aeons_Daylight

<@Nox_Aegis> <Storyteller> The rain has stopped and the water has finally started to drain away from the streets. Most of the buildings have some damage but the Mall and the FBI building were both totally destroyed.

<+Morose> <Aaron> moves around the edge of the FBI building, watching for signs of police very carefully.  He is not at all surpirsed there are none about yet, though the area was roped off.  “Holy shit.  That is a big hole.”

<+MichaelM> Kara sits on a bench at the side of the former building’s main parking lot. An empty sandwich wrapper and several drained styrofoam coffee cups litter the bench beside her. She watches the building intently, fiddling with what appears to be a rosary in her left hand. ”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ would go check out things and note Kara sitting there at a bench. He’d sit down on the bench and offer her a Starbucks coffee he had gotten and sip his own. “White girls love this stuff, I’m told. I can see why. It’s so sweet.”

<+MichaelM> Kara nods in appreciation of the thought, if not the wording of the offer. She takes a sip, and her face scrunches reflexively. “Too sweet, as it happens.” She sets the cup aside. “What brings you two here?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} is walking around the edge of the rubble. His black hair is long and tied up in a ponytail behind him and he’s wearing a black trenchcoat. He kneals by some of the fallen bricks and picks up a piece, turning it over in his hand. He appears to be trying to stay out of sight.

<+Morose> <Aaron> glances toward the rubble.  “Curiosity and concern.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) giggles when she sees Kara. “OH hey, I know her.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ looks over at Zo and taps Kara on the shoulder and asks softly, “Who’s that guy?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ smirks at HollowDream. “Ah there you are.”

<+MichaelM> “Huh?” It takes Kara a moment to spot the individual in question. “I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve seen him before.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “He seems kinda shady and like he’s scoping stuff out, but doesn’t wanna be seen.” * his voice was still soft and he took another drink of the coffee.

<+Morose> <Aaron> looks toward the guy as well, tilting his head slightly as he watches him.  “Well, at least we can be reasonably sure he is not a vampire.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} tosses the piece back into the pile and then stands up slowly, making his way around the back side of what is left of the building.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Yeah, doesn’t mean he’s not something else.”

<+MichaelM> “He probably is,” Kara sighs, leaning back, “every carcass attracts suitable carrion.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) “Damn, his aura is super bright. Never seen something like that before.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ <sv> “So it’s not like when looking at us?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) shakes her head, and her neck sputters a little bit as she speaks. “No, even those of you using… your life magics… it gets kinda like that but not quite.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Maybe one of us should go talk to him and see what he’s about.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> sighs, trying to keep tracking him.  “Suuuuuuure.”

<+MichaelM> Kara sighs, places her rosary into her jacket pocket, and pushes herself up off the bench. “My people-skills aren’t the best, but I’ll do it.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ shrugs and gets up. “Alright, I’ll trail in case anything weird happens then.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} takes a look around back for a few minutes before carefully starting to climb inside of what is left of the building.

<+MichaelM> Kara gives the individual a reappraising look as he starts to head into the building, then walks quickly after him.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ will trail Kara and try to keep Hollowdream from going too near the guy.

<+Morose> <Aaron> goes around the side and waits htere, in case they need backup.

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} pauses as the others start to come in after him and he turns around. Up close, he’s actually very attractive, enough that it stands out. He looks at Kara with a slightly curious expression.

<+MichaelM> “Er, excuse me sir.” Kara begins, unsettled slightly by the man’s apparent interest in her, “might I ask what you’re doing here?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} looks her over for a moment, his dark blue eyes seeming to study her carefully before he responds. “I am looking for something. What are you doing here?”

<+MichaelM> “Re-thinking a number of life choices,” Kara admits, truthfully. “What exactly are you looking for?”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} nods and smiles. “Probably for the best. I think you know exactly what I am looking for. Where did they take her?”

<+MichaelM> Take her? She’s not here? But I thought…” Kara begins, then smacks her head. “No, of course the would have moved her.” She looks up at the man again. “I…I might know. But I’d like to know who you are, or what your interest is. I’m not handing her from one cage to a jailor.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> listens quietly, remaining hidden behind a piece of wall.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ was listening as well, now curiosity peaked!

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} debates for a moment before nodding. “She is my daughter.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) “Oh, snap!”

<+MichaelM> Kara’s jaw slackens for several moments while her mind processes that. “Of…of course,” she stutters, looking slightly faint, “I…I might know where the would have taken her.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ <w> “Plot twist!”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} smiles again, seeming more amused than anything else, though his eyes actually show great concern and even sadness the longer one looks at them. “So, are you going to tell me, or just stand there with your mouth hanging open?”

<+MichaelM> “Y-yes! Right…” Kara tears her eyes away from the man to point further into the ruins. “There used to be a portal, in there. It would have been the easiest way for them to have moved her without attracting attention.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> peeks up over the wall.  “Wait, Miss Cautious is telling people about the portal.  What the heck?”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (Shadowlands) “Well, no way that is human I am guessing. Course, he can’t hear me.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} “No, but I hear you just fine, Spirit.”, he says as his eyes shift off toward where Ramirez and Hollow are. “Where did the portal lead?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ nods to HollowDream. He’d then cuss softly “Damn.” The guy totally knew where they were. Oh well, fuck it. He’d walk out at this point since the guy could even see the spirit. lol

<+MichaelM> “I think it’s called the Umbra.” Kara responds, locking her gaze once more on the man as he addresses her. “I’ve only been there briefly. Relatively speaking.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} sighs a bit at that and starts to move to where she had said it was, digging around through the rubble for a few moments. “The Umbra is quite vast. Do you know if it had locked coordinates?”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “So what are you, if you can see spirits and stuff?”

<+MichaelM> “I…I believe so.” Kara’s brow furrows.

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “And Kara…he could be lying.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} looks over at Ramirez and tilts his head a bit, looking him over. “You can see them too. But you are human. You know that mark it left you will draw it to you. I can remove it if you like, since you are helping me.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> frowns a bit and comes into the building as well, climbing in the rubble.  “Now that’s a feat…  and he is right, it’s a big place… technically bigger than the physical world as we know it.  So…  I’m Aaron, and you are?”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} can be seen rowing a raft trough the flooded streets, close to the busted mall “Jesus, fucking Christ!”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ frowns slightly. “I don’t mind helpin’ if you’re genuine and all but I don’t mind the spirits and this one is mi amiga.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} parks the raft near the mall and enters the busted building, looking around

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (Shadowlands) “Hey, I know that word. I watch Dora. Yeah. I’m his friend.”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} looks between them all and smiles again, shaking his head. “Okay, lets start over then. I am Zo. Looking for my daughter who was taken by some people looking to tap into her as a power source. I tried to come during the storm, but they fled and blew the place up behind themselves.”

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ “Oh.. I’m Ramirez. I’m here to help as long as what you said is true, hombre.”

<+Morose> <Aaron> nods a bit in agreement, then looks to Kara.  “Can’t you look at the stuff here, like it was earlier?  See what happened?”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} tries to sense any remaining quintessential energy in the area if there was spells cast recently

<+MichaelM> “I…I can try?” Kara says uncertainly, looking from Aaron and back to Zo. “My abilities aren’t exactly anything to boast about.”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} sensed nothing. He proceeds to just wanders the area, looking to see if anything unusual catches his eye, or see someone he knows. Its the first time he stepped out of his apartment since the flood.

<+Dusk> {Maverick} thinks to himself “They said there was some sort of ghost caught in camera here…could it be just a glitch or something more..”

<@Nox_Aegis> {Zo} looks down at the rubble and nods. “I understand you want to see if what I said is true. In the meantime perhaps helping me see if we can get downstairs?”

<+Dusk> {Maverick} after looking around for a while, he found nothing “Maybe the others in the theatre can tell me more. I’ll probably visit them in a while” he starts his bike and rides off

<@Death> ~*Ramirez*~ senses around the area with entropy to see if maybe something was missing..any sign of the doorway.

<+Morose> <Aaron> looks around for a few moments and then his phone goes off.  “Yes, oh, yeah I’m with them.  Uh, no… Uhm, yeah.  Okay.  I think they got this.  I’ll come give you a hand.”  He stops and looks to the others.  “I need to meet Jesse at the hospital.  If it turns out there is something I can do specifically, please call.”

<+MichaelM> Kara kneels down ant brushes a hand against a ruined wall. In her pocket, her free hand finds her rosary and clasps it tightly as she begins to focus. After a moment, she straightens up. “I…I think I know where it is.” She glances at Zo, before adding, with a trace of anger in her voice; “and who took them.”

<@Nox_Aegis> <HollowDream> (shadowlands) grumbles. “Man… freaking mages. No offense.”

Session Close: Tue Jan 31 22:14:25 2017