<Kitt Bishop> is standing out near one of the forest entrances, staring out in the dark and tilting her head from time to time as if listening to or for something. She is wearing her street clothes, just jeans and a long black t-shirt.

<Fiona>  comes downstairs and makes her way outside, wearing a leather jacket, a t-shirt, jeans and motorcycle boots. Kitt gets an intrigued look thrown her way as Fiona walks up to her. “Trying to find something in the dark?”

<Kitt Bishop> shakes her head very softly, hardly moving and not taking her attention off the forest. “Something is out there. Watching us.”

<Fiona>  frowns a bit. “I think I have an idea what it is, given what happened this afternoon.”

Anne wanders around the compound, combating boredom more than anything else. She spots Kitt and Fiona near the edge of the compound, and begins making her way towards them.

<Kitt Bishop> seems to listen again, and takes a half a step forward, peering off into the trees. “I can’t understand it… it’s like it’s talking but it doesn’t make sense.”, she says before pausing and giving a sidelong glance toward Fiona. “What happened earlier?”

<Fiona>  “Feral Angels came back from patrol, one of them missing a leg. They ran into a lupine.”

<Kitt Bishop> looks thoughtful for a moment. “Werewolves should be further north, ever since the gulf spill they left the area, consider it tainted.”, she says and then whips her attention back to the forest again as if hearing something out there. “Ugh… I need to get closer.”

<Fiona>  “I’m sticking with you, just in case we run into any shit out there. And like I said, either this one’s watching us or was exiled.”

“You kids aren’t getting up to any trouble, are you?” Anne asks with a light grin as she approaches. Her smile falters slightly at the rather serious expression on Kitt’s face.

<Kitt Bishop> nods without looking back. “I’d rather not go alone anyway. And i don’t think what I am hearing is a werewolf though…”, she sighs and reaches up, rubbing at the middle of her forehead a moment. “I hope not.”, she says to Anne as she approaches. “Though i imagine it will be trouble of some sort.”

<Fiona>  turns to look at Anne, her single eye focusing on the other woman. “I look like a troublemaker to you?”

“I dunno. Haven’t decided yet.” Anne looks over Fiona then turns back to Kitt. “Well, if there’s going to be trouble, it seems like something should be done to stop it.”

<Kitt Bishop> nods in agreement. “The combination to the weapons locker on the first floor is 23-10-26. You might want to grab something if we’re going to go out there.”, she says without taking her eyes off the dark between the trees.

<Fiona>  nods, making to go inside. “What kinda weapons you got?”

<Fiona>  heads inside, moving to the locker and entering the code before opening it to see what was inside.

<Storyteller> There are a few shotguns, a pair of machetes, a rifle, a fire axe, and a handful of handguns.

Anne’s eye almost gleams at the prospect of weapons. “I’ll be sure to give it a look. You want anything, kid?”

<Fiona>  takes one machete and a shotgun.

<Kitt Bishop> looks thoughtful. “Shotgun I guess. I am not exactly a trained fighter.”, she says and keeps watching the treeline. “I’ll be right here.”

“Sure thing.” Anne starts to back away, trying to contain an excited grin. “Back in a sec.” Anne heads after Fiona and goes to grab a pistol, a shotgun, and a rifle.

<Fiona>  comes back out, checking the machete’s heft and keeping the shotgun barrel aimed at the ground.

Anne sets out after her, exercising similar fire discipline.

<Kitt Bishop> takes the shotgun and checks the safety before also keeping it pointed down as she finally starts to take a few steps forward toward the trees, seeming to be homing in on something.

“Alrighty, then. Lead on.”  Anne says to Kitt as she heads off ahead.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° steps out of a conveniently shadowy area as the group approaches and would do a once over scan of them. “Anything going on?”

<Fiona>  jumps, turning and training her shotgun on Talwar. Lucky for him, the safety was on, otherwise some poor tree would get a faceful of buckshot.

“Careful there, Kiddo. These aren’t toys.” Anne addresses Fiona in a low voice.

<Fiona>  “No shit.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° lofts a brow. “You startle easily.”

<Kitt Bishop> doesn’t take her eyes off where she is focused, but does reach up and touch the middle of her forehead again as if in pain. “We are checking something out. You are welcome to come along, not that we could stop you I imagine.”

<Fiona>  “You walked up behind us and spoke. Did you really expect me not to startle?

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° shrugs. “I will come along since you have said it is fine to do so.” He smirked slightly at Fiona. “My apologies. I am generally silent as a rule.”

<Kitt Bishop> starts to walk toward whatever she seems to be homing in on, slowly hiking into the woods. She goes on for some distance in relative silence, the further in she goes the more determined she looks.

<Fiona>  turns around after eyeing Talwar, beginning to move forward and letting her single eye drift from side to side as she walks.

Anne follows close behind, pausing only to sniff the air every so often.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° wasn’t sure what they were actually ‘hunting’ but opted to continue along stepping quietly and surveying things and being stealthy.

Anne frowns slightly as she first samples the air, and sends a glance at Kitt. After a moment, she turns her gaze back to the surrounding woods.

<Kitt Bishop> pauses as she reaches some sort of large, artificial mound in the middle of the woods. It is old, well covered, and seems to be made of concrete with a steel door. She reaches up and touches her forehead again, looking almost ill and taking half a step back. “It’s… a bunker?”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° walks over and looks at it, moving some debris. “Interesting.” He’d check for traps and then give it a tug if he could find a handle.

<Fiona>  shoulders the shotgun as she approaches, moving around the edges of the bunker.

<Kitt Bishop> stays where she is and keeps a lookout, watching over the others.

<Storyteller> Talwar manages to get the door open with a loud creak of rusty hinges. A smell of herbs and decay wafts out from inside the bunker as it comes opens to the darkness inside.

“Nice one.” Anne gives Talwar an approving glance before turning to ask everyone else; “Anyone going to need a light?”

<Fiona>  is still moving around the exterior of the bunker, looking for anything odd.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° dusts his hands off though it’s so quietly and crouches, peering down into the tunnel. He takes in the scent of herbs and decay and frowns slightly. “I am not sure it is a bunker. It could be something like a tomb instead.”

<Fiona>  comes back from her sojourn, looking over at the others. “We may or may not have company in the future. Looks like someone was here recently.”

<Kitt Bishop> looks like she may be ill once more, peering into it and frowning. “I can see pretty good, but not in total darkness.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° ‘s voice was low and soft spoken but loud enough for the group to hear. “There is some recent movement as you said, but I do not think that they have done much here or basically they haven’t been here for too long. The wear recently would suggest a few months perhaps at most.”

<Fiona>  looks to Kitt as she makes her way back to the group, looking in Talwar’s direction.

“Still, they’re camping out a bit too close for comfort.” Anne glances to Kitt. “Any idea how many?”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° shakes his head.

<Kitt Bishop> shakes her head as well. “I don’t know… the… voice I hear is garbled, but this is where it is coming from. I am sure of it.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° nods to Kitt and would begin to descend the stairs because he was curious and curious people do dumb things.

<Fiona>  sighs and moves to follow Talwar, activating a power of the blood to give her amazing night vision.

Anne’s eye begins to glow a faint red as she follows the group in, pistol in hand, covering their rear.

<Fiona>  catlike eye glows bright red as she begins to look around after entering.

<Kitt Bishop> sighs and moves inside as well, her nose wrinkling up as they get fully inside where the smell is stronger.

<Storyteller> As the group decends down the stairs the smell does in fact get stronger… there is a burned smell that comes along with the smell of decay now as well. Something bitter and sharp. Below, it is not complete darkness, as they find small lights placed up along the ceiling for light… they look like red christmas lights.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° moves into the area with red lights and peers around, taking in the scene and trying to discern if he can make out any of the gibberish.

“Huh. Emergency lights. Power’s still kicking, then.” Anne mutters with a glance at the red lights.

<Storyteller> In the bottom of the bunker there are just two rooms. One is set up with a bed and a couple of large trunks. The other looks like a ritual room.

<Fiona>  makes her way downstairs, checking her corners with the shotgun, and when she reaches the bottom, looks at the trunks before moving over to inspect them.

<Kitt Bishop> hangs back, her eyes on one of the trunks first, then quickly looking toward the ritual room and she takes a step toward it, then reaches up to rub her forehead again. A drop of blood weeps out from what looks like a forming slit there in her head, running down her face.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° watches Kitt and looks at the trunk, studying it for anything interesting. He wasn’t going to open it but he’d check out how he might do so if he were so inclined.

“Hey, you alright, Kid?” Anne asks Kitt, concern edging into her voice.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° knocks on the trunk softly.

<Kitt Bishop> frowns, wiping at the blood and then looking at it on her fingers. “My head hurts.”

<Fiona>  flicks the safety off her shotgun, aiming at the trunk Talwar knocked on.

<Storyteller> There is a distinct knock back from inside the trunk, one single bump of sound.

Anne points her weapon in the direction of the trunk as well, and edges between it and Kitt.

<Fiona>  doesn’t fire, but it’s a near thing.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° softly speaks. “Who are you and what brought you here?”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° does glance over at Kitt, watching her some because she said her head hurt, but he seemed to also be focusing at his own task.

<Kitt Bishop> puts her hand on her head, half slumped over as she lans against a wall for support. She goes pale and slowly turns toward the stairs. “Oh my god…”, she murmurs.

<Fiona>  turns to look at Kitt. “What? What is it?”

“What’s wrong, Kid?” Anne turns to Kitt, then back to the trunk, trying to pay attention to both.

<Storyteller> The trunk makes no other sounds, but the herbal/decay smell seems to be coming strongest from that spot.

<Kitt Bishop> “Something horrible happened here… something… something here is evil. I mean really evil.”, she says and stumbles a couple of feet toward the stairs. “The spirit here is… no wonder it’s freaking out… it’s still trapped in it’s caul.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° gets up and would go check on Kitt as that seemed to be more important for the moment. “The spirit in the trunk? Are you alright?”

<Kitt Bishop> keeps her hand over her forehead, but a few more droplets of blood pass between her fingers. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I can’t see the spirit world like when i was alive but it’s like my head keeps trying, and it hurts.”

<Fiona>  “Go back to the asylum and get some rest.”

<Storyteller> There is another bang from the trunk, but not as loud as the first one.

“Ahh, hell.” Anne mutters, turning back to Kitt. “Come on, kid. I’ll see you back.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “I understand. I am debating freeing what is in the chest but it has not spoken yet more than gibberish.”

<Kitt Bishop> shakes her head softly, her hand falling away as she points toward the trunk. “It can’t speak because it’s still in it’s caul, still wrapped in the … birth shroud of death.”, she says. The source of the blood is now clearly an eye forming in her forehead, and it moves back and forth independently of her own eyes.

<Fiona>  looks at Anne, shaking her head. “I’ll see her back. You help Talwar here if he needs it.”

Anne looks to Fiona, then shrugs. “Works for me. See if you can find anyone who can help her out with that,” Anne gestues vaguely towards Kitt’s forehead, “while you’re away.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° looks at Kitt and frowns as they were going to lead her away. “I am not sure that is the right move. Then again, I am not sure what is the right move either.” * He walked over to the trunk and would go to open it.

<Fiona>  nods to Anne and will walk over to Kitt. “I’ll see if I can find anyone to help with it. No promises, though.”

<Storyteller> The trunk opens to reveal what at first appears to be a body… but upon slightly closer inspection it can be seen that it is just human skin that is filled with sand and sawdust and herbs. Eyes, mouth, and nose all sewn shut.

<Kitt Bishop> looks at the contents and looks like she is about to be sick, she starts to go up the steps without argument. “Yeah, uhm, we should go back.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “Well, I was partly right about this being a tomb.” He’d look at the body and then take out his knife. He’d wait to see if the being needed the physical action of cutting the mouth open.

<Fiona>  guides Kitt up the stairs, looking back once and grimacing a bit.

“If it is a tomb, it’s a damn odd place for one,” Anne mutters, peering into the makeshift coffin.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° glances around. “Something is coming and it is not good. We need to depart.”

<Kitt Bishop> makes her way back with Fiona, breathing easier once outside and the further she gets her third eye closes once more. She sighs as she gets back within the Asylum again, “What’s wrong with me?”

Anne looks almost disappointed for a moment, then shrugs. “Works for me. Don’t figure bullets’ll do much to stop ghosts anyhow.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° studies the body and would take a gamble, slicing the sewing on the mouth and then he’d soon after close the lid and start heading for the exit.

Anne waits for Talwar to head out before her, then follows close behind.

<Storyteller> A cold chill fills the room, and one by one the red lights in the room and hall go out as the pair exits. When they get outside, the steel door slams shut of it’s own accord.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “I hope I did not make a poor judgment call, but we need to go be there for Kitt. The blood has done something to her.” He would kick some dirt over the steel door but get coordinates on his phone to remember the place’s location.

<Kitt Bishop> is sitting out on the steps of the asylum when the others arrive back, back in her white robes again, bare feet wiggling against the concrete.

“Sounds like enough of a plan for me.” Anne glances back at the door, then at the surrounding woods. “Fun’s fun and all, but I don’t think we’re kitted out for spirits.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° shrugs. “I don’t know if we are or not. The one spirit didn’t seem to be harmful and is terrified. The other thing though…I can feel why that spirit is so scared.”

<Kitt Bishop> is looking into a small mirror in her hands off to the side of the steps, poking at her forehead from time to time and studying her reflection.

Anne grunts a vague assent to Talwar’s observation. “Well, it’d have to be pretty foolish to try anything on the grounds, what with all of us skulking about.” She spots Kitt as she and Talwar approach the complex again. “You alright, Kid?” she calls out.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° would approach Kitt with Anne as they had returned. He’d wait for Kitt to respond since the question had been asked already about if she was ok.

<Kitt Bishop> offers up a slight shrug. “I think so. I don’t see anything wrong though, but at least the bleeding stopped. Glad you guys are okay. That was… disturbing to say the least.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “You seemed to have an odd eye on your forehead. I have not seen such a thing before.”

<Kitt Bishop> glances toward Talwar curiously. “An… eye?”, she asks, an odd expression overtaking her features. “Zaluut said he used the ‘blood of an old friend’ to Embrace me… but never said what kind of blood it was. I think I may have to spend some time in the library, since he is currently visiting his homeland and is unavailable.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° canted his head to the left slightly. “That is interesting. I hope you share with me the results. At any point, you do look better now. Is there anything else you can recall from the blood that fell on you?”

“Anything you walk away from…” Anne mutters to herself before turning to peer at Kitt, curious to her response to Talwar’s question.

<Kitt Bishop> purses her lips slightly and slowly gets to her feet, robes brushing the tops of her bare feet as the breeze picks up. “I didn’t Frenzy like the others. It was… calm. Even as I dug myself out… I was hungry but the Beast was quiet.”, she says with a soft shrug of her shoulders. “That’s all really. I know I am naturally resiliant, and psychic.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° nods to Anne in agreement. “Truth.”

<Kitt Bishop> walks up a couple of steps toward the main hall. “I am going to go rest, then start seeing what I can find in the library. I don’t know what caused what we saw in that bunker… but it wasn’t Necromancy. That was something else entirely.”

“Just be sure to take care of yourself,” Anne gives Kitt a concerned look, “I don’t know what’s going on with your body, but you won’t do anyone any help straining yourself, least of all you.”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° gives her a polite nod. “Rest well, Kitt.”

<Kitt Bishop> half smiles and nods to them both before disappearing off into the halls of the asylum.

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° “It seems the night comes to an end. Be well, Anne.”

“You too, Mr. Sword.” Anne gives Talwar a curt nod. “Take care of yourself, yeah?”

°¥ Talwar Khanna ¥° smirks. “You too.” He’d then wander off and disappear into the shadows.